St. Mirren Looking For A New Manager

Everyone's entitled to their opinion of course but surely we have to get behind the new manager, we desperately needed someone form out with the club to come and give it a freshness / clear out the dead wood hopefully Ian Murray can do this, welcome aboard

Why waste time discussing what a great/disappointing appointment?

Now that the decision has been taken let all Saints fans get behind the new manager and the team.

This season has been one of the worst (if not the worst) in my lifetime and I'm no youngster.

Yes we all have our opinions on managers and players and sometimes some of us get it right.

However, more often than not, we get it totally wrong.

Congratulations to Ian Murray on his appointment and let's hope he can make the most of the very limited resources at his disposal.

Thanks also to Gary Teale for his efforts as manager and especially as a player - hopefully his time will come, but it might not be at St Mirren. His stint as manager perhaps came just too soon for his own good.

I think most Saints fans will wish him well wherever he ends up.

Why waste time discussing what a great/disappointing appointment?

Now that the decision has been taken let all Saints fans get behind the new manager and the team.

This season has been one of the worst (if not the worst) in my lifetime and I'm no youngster.

Yes we all have our opinions on managers and players and sometimes some of us get it right.

However, more often than not, we get it totally wrong.

Congratulations to Ian Murray on his appointment and let's hope he can make the most of the very limited resources at his disposal.

Thanks also to Gary Teale for his efforts as manager and especially as a player - hopefully his time will come, but it might not be at St Mirren. His stint as manager perhaps came just too soon for his own good.

I think most Saints fans will wish him well wherever he ends up.

Agree with everything you said. Would like Gary to stay as number 2 but giving being a manager even for a short time would make it hard to drop down to number 2. If he stays on as a player coach great if he leaves then good luck just was not the right time and for that board should be ashamed of themselves. I really liked how you stood on the touchline every week regardless of the humiliation you must have felt watching on paper a good team playing badly.

I think Murray is a poor and uninspiring choice, but then there's little surprise there. I actually think it's now more likely than it was before that St Mirren could fall straight through down to the third tier.

So who had 13.13 in the "Dickson rubbishes whoever we appoint" sweep then ? Your consistent if nothing else.

So a manager under whose guidance this season team has shipped 79 goals in a lower league than us has been appointed our new manager to bring us back up straight away....

Only at St Mirren could you have a board of directors come out later today to say something along the lines of; "we have been extremely impressed by Ian's track record, and feel fortunate he has agreed to take the position offered as our new manager"

In what way is it a positive step to appoint someone whose goalkeepers are under the doctor for back injuries, and whose defence makes our defence this season seem adequate..?

I Billy you are right cheerio it is.

So tell me, who would you have appointed? The man has kept a part time team in the championship with limited budget and is rated highly by many of his peers. Ffs at least wait and see. Did you think the same when we hired a schoolteacher at Alloa? Just looked what happened.

I would have appointed Billy Reid. He has a record of high finishes and winning promotion from this division on limited resources with 2 clubs.

Tome Hendrie also had a record of winning promotions.

I don't need to "wait and see" to give my honest opinion now.

Poor appointment.

I'll be back to say "I told you so" frequently throughout the season.

I think Murray is a poor and uninspiring choice, but then there's little surprise there. I actually think it's now more likely than it was before that St Mirren could fall straight through down to the third tier.

You really are an expert at getting under peoples skin. Seriously why hang about this forum its about time you were banned as you bring nothing to the table. Stuart Gilmour must have gave you a right dressing down when you were pulled into the club. From that date your hatred is nothing short of remarkable. You are a wee bitter man. Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

You really are an expert at getting under peoples skin. Seriously why hang about this forum its about time you were banned as you bring nothing to the table. Stuart Gilmour must have gave you a right dressing down when you were pulled into the club. From that date your hatred is nothing short of remarkable. You are a wee bitter man.

Ban him for giving his opinion on a fans forum?

The people who should be banned are those who dole out personal abuse to others on this forum. This forum's policy is allegedly "zero tolerance".

So a manager under whose guidance this season team has shipped 79 goals in a lower league than us has been appointed our new manager to bring us back up straight away....

Only at St Mirren could you have a board of directors come out later today to say something along the lines of; "we have been extremely impressed by Ian's track record, and feel fortunate he has agreed to take the position offered as our new manager"

In what way is it a positive step to appoint someone whose goalkeepers are under the doctor for back injuries, and whose defence makes our defence this season seem adequate..?

I Billy you are right cheerio it is.

We shipped 65 but some on here wanted GT as manager. IM will have better players and more resources than Dumbarton so he should be judged on how he does with a full time club and results.

Don't find it a very inspiring appointment his records not very good , I was more confident when we appointed TC to be honest can see us struggle next season. Friggen BOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Really?? His record is really rather decent - certainly streets ahead of Tommy Craig's abysmal failings at every club he has managed. If you had any confidence whatsoever when Craig took over, then your judgment is clearly highly questionable and I take comfort in your prediction that we will struggle next year.

I would have appointed Billy Reid. He has a record of high finishes and winning promotion from this division on limited resources with 2 clubs.

Poor appointment.

Billy Reid would be a steady appointment but the football would be even more dire than under Gus. No thanks.

Really?? His record is really rather decent - certainly streets ahead of Tommy Craig's abysmal failings at every club he has managed. If you had any confidence whatsoever when Craig took over, then your judgment is clearly highly questionable and I take comfort in your prediction that we will struggle next year.

His record is shipped 79 goals this season, thats worse than ours by a long way!

Poor appointment.

lol.giflol.giflol.giflol.giflol.giflol.giflol.giflol.giflol.giflol.gif

The people who should be banned are those who dole out personal abuse to others on this forum. This forum's policy is allegedly "zero tolerance".

Entitled to his opinion, Yes. However, he does not support our club so why is he even visiting this forum?

We shipped 65 but some on here wanted GT as manager. IM will have better players and more resources than Dumbarton so he should be judged on how he does with a full time club and results.

By that logic any manager, at any part time club with even less achievement (if possible) than Murray was a contender for the role. He can be judged on his performance... Shipped 79 goals in a lower league, many against teams we had hoped to be competing with for promotion. Fat chance now the OL' Seventy-Niner is in town!

His record is shipped 79 goals this season, thats worse than ours by a long way!

Already been explained. 3 top teams scored a lot against a part time team with very limited resources. Dumbarton cannot compete with Hibs, Hearts and Scumgers and no disgrace in that. He is now with a bigger club so at least give him a chance.

Of course everyone has differing opinions that's fine its called debate within the St Mirren support.

Everything Stuart writes about St Mirren is hatred which includes the town of Paisley which all stems from his dressing down by our chairman.

Personally I would rather see the back of him rather than spreading the word of hatred on St Mirren after all it is a st Mirren fans forum. He openly admits he is not A ST MIRREN SUPPORTER

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

Already been explained. 3 top teams scored a lot against a part time team with very limited resources. Dumbarton cannot compete with Hibs, Hearts and Scumgers and no disgrace in that. He is now with a bigger club so at least give him a chance.

Ah, I see theres a reasonable explanation for presiding over conceding 79 goals against teams we had hoped to compete with for promotion. Silly me I stupidly thought appointing someone whose team performed worse than ours was a bad thing, but I see now that it is the way forward.

Lets see if we can ship 80 next season Ian! You have the experience lad.