The High Street Of Paisley

shull

A step in the right direction, in the right direction indeed.

With my withered auld bones it is rather hilly and as such i do not utilise the town centre of of Paisley as much as I would like.

Some on street parking somewhere around pen corner would be just the ticket to tempt this old forum user back into the toon.

A step in the right direction, in the right direction indeed.

With my withered auld bones it is rather hilly and as such i do not utilise the town centre of of Paisley as much as I would like.

Some on street parking somewhere around pen corner would be just the ticket to tempt this old forum user back into the toon.

There is plenty of on street parking in the area at present and you don't have to drive along the pedestrianised area to access it.

There is plenty of on street parking in the area at present and you don't have to drive along the pedestrianised area to access it.

Plenty?

Every time I pass by the few parking spaces up at the "howff" and outside that rough pub opposite they are always full. I refute your assertion of "plenty" and submit a counter arguement of "no enough".

It wouldn't make any difference to the shops if it was opened for traffic during the day.

I agree its too late now. Was up recently getting new glasses from Blacks in New Street it was nice to see the town busy. Walking down the high street towards the cross looking over to the town hall and abbey I said to myself what a good looking town. There is not many towns in Scotland that look so good. Just a pity they covered up the Cart with concrete. Imagine a river running through the centre of your town and covering it up , somebody must have got a bung for that

Plenty?

Every time I pass by the few parking spaces up at the "howff" and outside that rough pub opposite they are always full. I refute your assertion of "plenty" and submit a counter arguement of "no enough".

Do you honestly think you'll be able to park in an opened up High St?

Opening up the High St serves no purpose at all,a total waste of money.

I used to walk the pedestrianised part early in the mornings going home from work,took my life in my hands dodging delivery vans sneaking through at high speeds,that was 8 years ago, Im sure nothing has changed,anybody know anyone who got a ticket driving through there?

Guest TPAFKATS

Somewhere for the millions of taxi's that serve Paisley, to park.

Remember they're not allowed into the town centre after 10.30 at night!

I'm guessing it'll be one way heading West?What will happen where High St meets New St?MORE traffic lights or maybe Give Way signs which will be an accident waiting to happen.

I'm sure McDonalds will be delighted with the extra custom this will create.

Crazy idea and a complete waste of Council Tax.

I'm guessing it'll be one way heading West?What will happen where High St meets New St?MORE traffic lights or maybe Give Way signs which will be an accident waiting to happen.

I'm sure McDonalds will be delighted with the extra custom this will create.

Crazy idea and a complete waste of Council Tax.

Traffic lights and give ways are an accident waiting to happen?

It's people buying in the Shops that the High Street is needing.

Not cars passing the Shops.

Braehead is packed and disnae have motor vehicles traversing down it's Mall.