Be Careful Cooking That Chicken

Article in todays Scotsman regarding raw chickens from supermarkets from the Foods Standard Agency.

A staggering 73% of all chickens sold have campylobacter. Having caught this nasty bug in West Africa I can tell you its highly dangerous. I was in a terrible state with sickness , when I got back to the UK the doctor put me on 6 different tablets to be taken every day for a month to kill this bug from my gut.

The doctor told me if not treated cancer would start growing in my gut. So be warned.

Make sure you cook chicken thoroughly.

After handling raw chicken wash your hands and use a disinfectant gel which is good to have in your kitchen.

Thoroughly wash your working surface where the raw chicken has been then use a detox type bacteria killer.

Have always told my wife never eat chicken sandwiches as you never know how the chicken has been handled and cooked. Every time she has had dioregha and I go throw what she has ate there is usually a chicken sandwich been had. Now she knows and keeps back from them

Make fun of this all you like but trust me you never want to catch campylobacter.

Article in todays Scotsman regarding raw chickens from supermarkets from the Foods Standard Agency.

A staggering 73% of all chickens sold have campylobacter. Having caught this nasty bug in West Africa I can tell you its highly dangerous. I was in a terrible state with sickness , when I got back to the UK the doctor put me on 6 different tablets to be taken every day for a month to kill this bug from my gut.

The doctor told me if not treated cancer would start growing in my gut. So be warned.

After handling raw chicken wash your hands and use a disinfectant gel which is good to have in your kitchen.

Thoroughly wash your working surface where the raw chicken has been then use a detox type bacteria killer.

Have always told my wife never eat chicken sandwiches as you never know how the chicken has been handled and cooked. Every time she has had dioregha and I go throw what she has ate there is usually a chicken sandwich been had. Now she knows and keeps back from them

Make fun of this all you like but trust me you never want to catch campylobacter.

Why didn't you cook it. whistling.gif

Mrs IOBS sphinkter movements are just a wee bit too much info.I don't think I'll be able to eat chicken again without thinking of her on the pan.

Right,I'm off to KFC for lunch.

Edited by HSS

biggest cause of food poisoning in the UK, affecting 280,000 people a year in Scotland

More than a million food poisoning cases are diagnosed in England and Wales each year, although the number of deaths has fallen to around 500.

As I wrote make fun all you want I work in the trade and know how dangerous food poisoning can be. Only fools take it lightly until their partner or child falls seriously ill

Chicken is my favourite food!

Me too one of my favourite foods still needs to be handled with care. Too many household folk don't realize how dangerous it can be unless its handled with care. I see professional catering people handling raw chicken the good ones stick by the rules but many don't , my job is to try and educate the bad ones.

Mrs IOBS sphinkter movements are just a wee but too much info.I don't think I'll be able to eat chicken again without thinking of her on the pan.

Right,I'm off to KFC for lunch.

Deep fried , for sure will be ok extremely hot fat if a bit unhealthy but we need to live a littlie right !

There are too many foods to mention which, wrongly taken or cooked could damage we poor weak humans. Pork or game birds, if undercooked can transmit trichina worm.

There are many fruits which contain harmful substances. While it would take a fair amount of apple or cherry pits to be fatal it takes far less of things like rhubarb leaves to make you extremely ill.

If we go around worrying about everything we were about to eat we'd all starve.

I for one will not be standing over the stove while a cook or chef is preparing my food. Be that chicken or cherry pie.

There are too many foods to mention which, wrongly taken or cooked could damage we poor weak humans. Pork or game birds, if undercooked can transmit trichina worm.There are many fruits which contain harmful substances. While it would take a fair amount of apple or cherry pits to be fatal it takes far less of things like rhubarb leaves to make you extremely ill.If we go around worrying about everything we were about to eat we'd all starve.I for one will not be standing over the stove while a cook or chef is preparing my food. Be that chicken or cherry pie.

Apple pits contain vitamin B17 , I always eat the lot , mmmmmmm

Do cherry stains come oot. .

There are too many foods to mention which, wrongly taken or cooked could damage we poor weak humans. Pork or game birds, if undercooked can transmit trichina worm.

There are many fruits which contain harmful substances. While it would take a fair amount of apple or cherry pits to be fatal it takes far less of things like rhubarb leaves to make you extremely ill.

If we go around worrying about everything we were about to eat we'd all starve.

I for one will not be standing over the stove while a cook or chef is preparing my food. Be that chicken or cherry pie.

Yes you can worry too much.

However if you think 1 in every 5 chickens purchased contains a deadly poisoning through out the UK is acceptable I do not agree and as such the word should be spread on how to keep your family safe.

Supermarket mass produced chicken mostly to the same slaughter house. For me the area that is wrong is when the chicken is killed its is put into a type of bath to be cleaned. Every chicken so if one is carrying bacteria that bacteria is spread to other chickens going though the same process. Even customers who purchase Organic Chicken don't realize they go through the same bath as all other chickens. Its like a sheep dip.

Anyway I'm just trying to make fellow buddies aware of a food that is eaten often in many households.

Yes you can worry too much.

However if you think 1 in every 5 chickens purchased contains a deadly poisoning through out the UK is acceptable I do not agree and as such the word should be spread on how to keep your family safe.

Supermarket mass produced chicken mostly to the same slaughter house. For me the area that is wrong is when the chicken is killed its is put into a type of bath to be cleaned. Every chicken so if one is carrying bacteria that bacteria is spread to other chickens going though the same process. Even customers who purchase Organic Chicken don't realize they go through the same bath as all other chickens. Its like a sheep dip.

Anyway I'm just trying to make fellow buddies aware of a food that is eaten often in many households.

4 out of every 5 surely.

Totally agree with you though, particularly on handling raw chicken. On top of using anti bacterial wipes, soaps and sprays my kitchen is also regularly steam cleaned.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

I collapsed from it, its feckin murder polis.

I am very careful when handling any raw meat.

Edited by murray street

Undercooked prawns are a basturt' too. Mind too - story this week says caffeine is bad. Saturated fat? Vicious. Sugar is the new nicotine, and we gotta' cut out salt. Go easy on those carbohydrates too. Alcohol? Don't get me started on alcohol. E-numbers could drive your kids wild.

Food? - just say NO!

Undercooked prawns are a basturt' too. Mind too - story this week says caffeine is bad. Saturated fat? Vicious. Sugar is the new nicotine, and we gotta' cut out salt. Go easy on those carbohydrates too. Alcohol? Don't get me started on alcohol. E-numbers could drive your kids wild.

Food? - just say NO!

It is almost impossible to find a soft drink , pure fruit juice excepted , that doesnae have artificial sweetners (brain poison). .

Food? - just say NO!

Take the wee black vain out of the prawn and you will never have a problem.

Sorry I started the thread as I should have known the piss would be taken. Part of my job is food safety many would be surprised just how badly it can effect you in extreme cases it can kill you. Totally avoidable with common sense and care.

Maybe if it was one in five cars breaks the failed people would take more notice. The fact that its food and we eat so much of it that its taken for granted and we forget it can make you seriously ill or kill.

Take the wee black vain out of the prawn and you will never have a problem.

Sorry I started the thread as I should have known the piss would be taken. Part of my job is food safety many would be surprised just how badly it can effect you in extreme cases it can kill you. Totally avoidable with common sense and care.

Maybe if it was one in five cars breaks the failed people would take more notice. The fact that its food and we eat so much of it that its taken for granted and we forget it can make you seriously ill or kill.

Sense of humour bypass worked a treat I see?

Sense of humour bypass worked a treat I see?

Mate seriously do you think your funny.

When home you wont find me on this forum on a Friday or Saturday night, ether with the wife or mates having fun living life a wee bit.

You ought to try it you might like it and find you don't have to spend your Friday and Saturday nights trolling the forum trying to make posters laugh at you rather than with you , if you get what I mean.

Mate seriously do you think your funny.

When home you wont find me on this forum on a Friday or Saturday night, ether with the wife or mates having fun living life a wee bit.

You ought to try it you might like it and find you don't have to spend your Friday and Saturday nights trolling the forum trying to make posters laugh at you rather than with you , if you get what I mean.

Aye ,sorry, when you get home your wife takes a weeks holiday. lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Can't blame her, must be dreading you turning up with your fun and charm. snore.gifsnore.gifsnore.gif

PS Is it only me that's not allowed on the forum at the weekend? 1eye.gif

Edited by faraway saint