Celtic V Real Sociedad

don't think the money issue is the problem buds ,all good to get as much money from any source but will we not be back training and playing friendlies around this time ,maybe we could ask the ton if we could rent their stadium for our friendlies ,would like to see the response to that idea if it happened ,then again majority on here don't go to games so wouldn't be a problem

don't think the money issue is the problem buds ,all good to get as much money from any source but will we not be back training and playing friendlies around this time ,maybe we could ask the ton if we could rent their stadium for our friendlies ,would like to see the response to that idea if it happened ,then again majority on here don't go to games so wouldn't be a problem

Yet again you fail to grasp it.

1. We have a perfectly good training facility which we use on a regular (daily !) basis thus meaning we dont have to train on the main pitch anyway so we wont have to give it up !!!

2. Exactly how many friendlies have we played at either Love street or the feegiedome in the last 7 - 8 years?

bangin.gif

If it came down to renting our stadium out for 3 meaningless friendlies to 1 of the gruesome twosome and being able to afford to keep the grass pitch or not rent out the stadium to them but install a plastic pitch to bring in some £££ in a different way what would you choose?

Hypothetical question, obviously.

The BoD have been criticised for not generating enough income from our various assets. e.g. more use of hospitality out with match days, increased use of Ralston, outsourcing the stadium car park (or a substantial part of it) for Airport Parking, and indeed more use of the stadium in general.

I'm with others on here who see this as a great business opportunity. I think we would all be hopeful that at least a part of the money earned will be channeled through IM's hands in terms of helping him make signings. I would also be surprised if our Commercial department, in line with Celtic's, don't maximise the marketing revenue that generally follows this sort of pre-season event. Moreover, similar to the Scotland U21's use of St Mirren Park, isn't this all just good publicity and a ringing endorsement of at least decent facilities?

Perhaps worth thinking about it another way Stevie, imagine news had broke that Celtic had offered £X to use our stadium for a few matches and the BoD had turned them down. I suspect the reaction would have been yet more criticism of the Board, particularly when Celtic then rocked up at, say, Motherwell's ground as an easy alternative.

I had plenty of derogatory remarks concerning the avalanche of bad decisions emanating from our BoD last season, for me this is a tick in the positives column.

There are certain things that money just cant buy. And one of those things is your self respect.

I didn't think it was possible for St Mirren's bumbling board to sink any lower this season, but its happening.

The only thing I want as a St Mirren supporter, is to be proud of my club. Its becoming more and more difficult.

There are certain things that money just cant buy. And one of those things is your self respect.

I didn't think it was possible for St Mirren's bumbling board to sink any lower this season, but its happening.

The only thing I want as a St Mirren supporter, is to be proud of my club. Its becoming more and more difficult.

Just so that we are all clear on that statement, are you against our Board allowing any footballing side to use our stadium, or just Celtic Football Club?

Your user name sums up your post 1eye.gif

Believe it or not, there will be a few business people who frequent our hospitality suite as a business expense without being very interested in St Mirren.

This provides work for the staff and earnings for the club. If you have the money then there are worse ways to spend it

Yeah but my point is, Celtic can put it on their website. Our website is for our fans & this game has no relevance to our fans whatsoever