Assistant Manager

Stockholmbud

if it walks like one, talks like one, and acts like one then its a turd.... And you cannae polish one of them!

If ever there was living proof of this it's you.

Also; "even Dumbarton fans"?

In the first instance, it's one fan; and secondly, when did Dumbarton fans become experts in football management?

I really do not get why you persistently berate a Brand New Management set up and the Season has not even begun yet. Weird.

I am fully behind Murray. At least until we see how results go.

However, I totally berated tommy craig's appointment last season.

Are folk not allowed an opinion? I thought that was what this forum was all about!

A Dumbarton fans take on Spalding.

I also remember Cowdenbeath fans saying Jenkins was the main man and not Danny Lennon, even some St Mirren fans claimed Tommy Craig was the reason behind the upturn in form in DLs last season. Both claims now seem absolutly ludicrious.

Basically, 99% of Football fans know f**k all when it comes to the ins and outs of training and what goes on behind the scenes.

You seemed a lot less concerned when we apointed an inexperienced manager last season (with less games as a manager than Ian Murray) with two assistants with zero experience of being coaches/assistants at any clubs, never mind full time ones.

I also remember Cowdenbeath fans saying Jenkins was the main man and not Danny Lennon, even some St Mirren fans claimed Tommy Craig was the reason behind the upturn in form in DLs last season. Both claims now seem absolutly ludicrious.

Basically, 99% of Football fans know f**k all when it comes to the ins and outs of training and what goes on behind the scenes.

You seemed a lot less concerned when we apointed an inexperienced manager last season (with less games as a manager than Ian Murray) with two assistants with zero experience of being coaches/assistants at any clubs, never mind full time ones.

You know that's not my quote yeah? If you have an issue with what's being said there, should take it up with the Dumbarton fan that I quote, he posts on PNB. I just thought it was an interesting take from a fan of the club where Spalding and Murray were previously employed. I wasn't saying it was gospel, take it however you want, don't shoot the messenger.

The most interesting part for me was that Spalding was never officially made assistant manager at Dumbarton, despite there being a vacancy for half a season.

I wouldn't say I am any more or less concerned than I was at this point last year either. Every managerial appointment is a gamble and this one is certainly no different. It might work out and we could go straight back up and Murray could become our first manager in around 30 years to move upwards after leaving St Mirren. It might not and Murray could be sacked by Christmas with us in a relegation battle. I have no idea and neither does anyone on here or elsewhere.

In the meantime I and others shall continue to post our humble opinions of the goings on at the club on this forum, that's what it's for afterall.

I am fully behind Murray. At least until we see how results go.

However, I totally berated tommy craig's appointment last season.

Are folk not allowed an opinion? I thought that was what this forum was all about!

No problem with opinions but when it is constantly repeated it looks less of an opinion and more of an agenda.

Just my opinion....whistling.gif

Go on Neddly Deddly keep on refusing to see whats in front of you.... Even Dumbarton fans agree if it walks like one, talks like one, and acts like one then its a turd.... And you cannae polish one of them!

I base things on evidence. What is in front of me? Ffs can you see the future? You simply have an agenda on the manager and I wonder if the Dumbarton fans were (allegedly) saying all this negative shit when Murray had them performing well above their status in 13/14?

Like you, I am entitled to my opinion and hell mend me for being positive. Every manager is a gamble just like players and some perform better elsewhere. Whether Murray and Spalding will be a success or the right appointment will be known next season. Of course, you have your crystal ball and can see what is in front of me, care to outline what that is and, I ask again, who was your preferred choice?

A Dumbarton fans take on Spalding.

Old ground but as I've said before fans' views on the interweb are worth the square root of not very much at all.........

Slightly puzzled as to why the Spalding as was not named as Assistant at the same time as Murray (if it is to be Spalding) but if Spalding is Murray's choice then it'd be counterproductive to veto it.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Not a good manager or assistant...u will see...

There's always one. A ball hasnt even been kicked yet so just calm yourself. Murray is a young and up and coming manager just like Danny when he first came to the club. I agree with Murray bringing Spalding to the club, someone he knows and works well with. Get behind the team

Not a good manager or assistant...u will see...

They will get every chance to prove themselves from the board to the support. Dumbarton seemed to do well under Murray. Not my first choice however is the boards choice who I will back as long as we are in the top half of the league anything below that will be unacceptable to the vast majority I think. First concern for me is the lack of signings to make up the squad given training starts next week.

that's good coming from u jackanory!

Care to elaborate ? I don't expect a civil response, the information I posted about my work mate is genuine and it was posted on the correct speculation thread, he may or may not sign for us, but I'll tell you what, if I have the info it wont be for the likes of you its for the genuine and decent fans.