New Kit Spoiler Alert

Saints fans, just like a right good moan ⭐️

They certainly do. However, the entire kit system this season HAS been shambolic and it's certainly something the fans are right to compalin about. It's also something which St. Mirren won't take on board as a pressing issue as they'll get the revenue agreed upon regardless of how many kits are sold. Part of the contract with JD was that even though you'd have to go out of your way and not be able to get a kit at the stadium, at least launches and stock would be handled professionally. Not that I ever felt it was a massive issue. Professionalism was always something which I felt we were getting with out former kit distributors.

Just think about it, we booted Alan Provan and his family into touch despite the fact that in over a decade of being St. Mirren's kit suppliers, they were far more professional and didn't have 1/10th of the stock issues or general f**k-ups that a national chain of sports shops has had.

It's definitely time to say goodbye to this bunch of shysters.

They certainly do. However, the entire kit system this season HAS been shambolic and it's certainly something the fans are right to compalin about. It's also something which St. Mirren won't take on board as a pressing issue as they'll get the revenue agreed upon regardless of how many kits are sold. Part of the contract with JD was that even though you'd have to go out of your way and not be able to get a kit at the stadium, at least launches and stock would be handled professionally. Not that I ever felt it was a massive issue. Professionalism was always something which I felt we were getting with out former kit distributors.

Just think about it, we booted Alan Provan and his family into touch despite the fact that in over a decade of being St. Mirren's kit suppliers, they were far more professional and didn't have 1/10th of the stock issues or general f**k-ups that a national chain of sports shops has had.

It's definitely time to say goodbye to this bunch of shysters.

Hear, hear.

Doesn't need the daft pinstripes down the front IMHO. Like the twist with black on one side and white on the other though. Just don't see why the wee stripes on the front were necessary.

I'm the opposite, quite like the pinstripes but don't see the need for the black and white

on the arms, either the same colour or just leave it red,,, looks kinda silly IMO,,

They've been moaning like f**k for weeks on P&B about the lateness of the strip release and matters at the club in general.

It was a déja vu moment, as it was so similar to our complaining on here. :lol:

Don't get me wrong, I know first hand that the Bairns fans like a moan. However, there's a Falkirk shop at Falkirk's ground opening at 8.30 for a kit launch, packed with fans. There's Queens own club website revealing three kits, there's Dumbarton FC showing full kits in team photoshoots - again, on their own club website. Bet your bottom dollar the big boys in our league, Sevco and Hibs had proper launches too.

A couple of hours before an away friendly we get our first glimpse of our new away kit in a fan council tweet, with a coat hangar picture, still not even a peep on a Championship club (recently a nine-year top flight club) website.

Shambolic. As usual. What's the reason for the apparent couldn't-give-a-fcuk attitude?

Edited by pozbaird

Don't get me wrong, I know first hand that the Bairns fans like a moan. However, there's a Falkirk shop at Falkirk's ground opening at 8.30 for a kit launch, packed with fans. There's Queens own club website revealing three kits, there's Dumbarton FC showing full kits in team photoshoots - again, on their own club website. Bet your bottom dollar the big boys in our league, Sevco and Hibs had proper launches too.

A couple of hours before an away friendly we get our first glimpse of our new away kit in a fan council tweet, with a coat hangar picture, still not even a peep on a Championship club (recently a nine-year top flight club) website.

Shambolic. As usual. What's the reason for the apparent couldn't-give-a-fcuk attitude?

11 posts since the strip was posted......................Indeed, some just like to moan, again and again and again...........lol.gif

Edited by faraway saint

This is the first paragraph of the email I received.

"I can confirm that JD will not be restocking this item unfortunately. The company policy says that you have 14 days for a full refund and 28 days for an exchange. If you decide to return this item after these times you will not be eligible for a refund/exchange."

Kind Regards

Marietta

JD Customer Care

There are obviously mixed messages coming out of JD which aren't helping anyone's confidence in what will eventually transpire.

I do find it incredible that I am being told that they will not be restocking the kids shirts but as you can see from the above there isn't much room for doubt. Hopefully the person that contacted me after I was asked to do a review of their service has been misinformed.

Yes, this is the type of e-mail I have received from different people working for the JD Sports Online Customer Services Team. The thing is, even although they say there is no plan to restock the item(s) you are looking for, the staff in their shops keep saying "we haven't ever had them in" or "we had them in but they were all faulty so they had to be sent back and we're awaiting the replacements" and so it keeps looking like the JD Sports Shops have no idea what is going on with JD Sports Online. Absolute bonkers but nothing surprises me anymore with our strips since they took over from Provan Sports.

I wouldn't believe a word you're told by the customer service team. This is the email I received on 12th July after contacting them on launch day asking why there was nothing on JD's website.

Dear Gordon,

Thank you for your email.

I'm sorry to say that we've sold out of the item you've asked for and we aren't due to restock it online or in store.

New lines are added to our website almost every day of the week so keep checking our listing pages so you don't miss out!

You can also keep up to date with our new releases by signing up to the newsletter via the homepage of our website.

Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards

Zameer

JD Customer Care

Again, this is the same as another e-mail I also received. No-one employed at JD Sports seems to agree on what is actually happening.