Dashcams

I have been looking to buy one of these for a while now, definitely after my Brother was involved in a crash on Skye two days ago.

He was not at fault but he would have had footage of the foreign registered car on the wrong side of the road who caused it....

Given the amount of tourists in this area I will be buying one soon. My biggest fear is this type of incident,especially on the many lochside roads up here.

Anyone have one ????

Would like to know what type and how good it is.

Ta.

£87 for Transcend DrivePro 200 at Ama*on , the one that Auto-Express top rated. .

£87 for Transcend DrivePro 200 at Ama*on , the one that Auto-Express top rated. .

Your obviously reading the same pages as me...lol.gif

Read Auto Express and I can pick up the one above from Currys for £86.

I'm off down to Currys to get one, with my SLR set to video and strapped to my heid.....

Can you use the evidence and send it to the police every time a cyclists jumps a red light?

Cyclists have used their helmet cameras to prosecute motorists so why not?

You can, but good luck getting the police to find them. May as well look for two identical snowflakes.

I knew there was a reason why this seems like such a good idea - we clearly don't spend enough time looking at electronic screens, and relying on gadgetry to make it through the day.

Not for me.

Edited by Drew

I knew there was a reason why this seems like such a good idea - we clearly don't spend enough time looking at electronic screens, and relying on gadgetry to make it through the day.

Not for me.

I agree we do spend a lot of time on screen and with gadgets generally but this is simply about protecting myself in any potential accident when it clearly will not

be my fault.......

The one I have bought is high up on the windscreen and more or less obscured by the rear view mirror. See if I can get it to work now...whistling.gif