Paul Mcmullan

Yeah trialists we signed like Ball worked out really well last year

Agreed. Realistically it's far too much to expect for a new manager to have a clear idea what he's doing and of the players he wants to bring in.

No new manager has ever managed to get things sorted quickly. It always takes at least a month to sort out an assistant manager let alone some players....

My point wasn't really that we can't get decent players in loan.

I agree with you, some of our best signings have been players we got on loans

But what I meant was that usually we resort to loans once we've run out of other ideas..

Confused.com?

Don't see how we're anywhere close to having a team that can compete with Dumbarton or Alloa let alone Sevco or Hibs

I'm surprised at the negativity towards our signings so far to be honest, I'm meant to be a doom and gloom bastard but I'm quite happy with the way things are shaping up and I'm sure there will be another 3 or 4 signings yet.

We are in the championship, what sort of players are folk expecting us to bring in?

I would like John to stay and give us one more season, last year he wasn't as good as we know he is and I'd rather he left us on a high note.

He gave us one if the best midfield performances in a saints top in many years in the cup semi against Celtic and I'd rather that's why he gets remembered.

He may be getting some wrong advice but the whole law suit thing is him doing what any if us would do, if you are injured at work you seek compensation. It's your right especially if it is in no way your fault. Whatever happens with him, he will have my best wishes

I would like John to stay and give us one more season, last year he wasn't as good as we know he is and I'd rather he left us on a high note.

He gave us one if the best midfield performances in a saints top in many years in the cup semi against Celtic and I'd rather that's why he gets remembered.

He may be getting some wrong advice but the whole law suit thing is him doing what any if us would do, if you are injured at work you seek compensation. It's your right especially if it is in no way your fault. Whatever happens with him, he will have my best wishes

Eh? blink.png

That ship sailed weeks ago, McGinn won't play for the club again.

If we're looking at Celtic youngsters Calum Waters can play anywhere on the left and is a Scotland under 19 international, reckon he'd do a job for us.

He's the nephew of the girl in the office who raved about McMullan. She watches the Celtic youth to see her nephew so knows about their players. The fact that a former Stirling manager and a current Stenny coach who both also work in my office gave glowing reports is good enough for me at the moment.

Regarding Calum she said he's signed a new 2 year deal and has said to Stephen Frail that he's wanting to go on loan to a club that will play him this season.

I hope McMullan is better than the last wee guy we got from Newcastle, he came with a good reputation but was pish for us.

What does Newcastle have to do with it?

Anyway, I don't think Adam Campbell was pish at all. He was played out of position and hardly given a fair crack at the whip.

What does Newcastle have to do with it?

Anyway, I don't think Adam Campbell was pish at all. He was played out of position and hardly given a fair crack at the whip.

You have to question Campbell though. Did nothing at Gatshead least season and freed by Newcastle. Maybe he is pish?

Yeah trialists we signed like Ball worked out really well last year

Sadly, that's the market we're in.

We can only hope that IM has a better eye for a player than our first manager last year.

Hopefully playing a higher standard of friendly opposition will weed out any trialists that aren't up to standard.

Personally, I think Murray's signings so far have been pretty astute. The only one I'm unconvinced by is Gow.I only hope that Murray can get the best out of him and that the championship is a level he can flourish at.

If you're looking for "marquee" signings (at championship level) and three year deals, then there's a place nearer Glasgow that smells of shite and is full of bigots, for that kind of thing.

I'm surprised at the negativity towards our signings so far to be honest, I'm meant to be a doom and gloom bastard but I'm quite happy with the way things are shaping up and I'm sure there will be another 3 or 4 signings yet.

We are in the championship, what sort of players are folk expecting us to bring in?

JJ don't listen to the happy clappy mob. You are a realist. You recognised we were poor early on and said so. You predicted that we would go down that upset them. The happy clappy mob gave you a hard time cause they were living in denial that we would go down. Some even wanted Teale to get the job full time despite the 5-0 and 3-0 fiascos to Motherwell and Ross County.

You live in the real world they don't like realistic views, don't let them get to you.

JJ don't listen to the happy clappy mob. You are a realist. You recognised we were poor early on and said so. You predicted that we would go down that upset them. The happy clappy mob gave you a hard time cause they were living in denial that we would go down. Some even wanted Teale to get the job full time despite the 5-0 and 3-0 fiascos to Motherwell and Ross County.

You live in the real world they don't like realistic views, don't let them get to you.

Drinking already I see. lol.giflol.giflol.gif

I'll drink to that kendo :)

Bollocks.

I had my misgivings about TC and his signings right from the start.

However, rather than adopting the completely pessimistic route, and pretending that I was an expert in all football related matters, I tried to foster a more positive outlook.

Sadly, after a couple of months it was clear that my misgivings were correct and that we were highly likely to be relegated.

However I didn't feel the nee infest the forum with total negativity from the start and then expect a hat and a balloon for 9 months of constant moaning.