Jamie Langfield - Signs 2 Year Deal

New readers will have to trawl through about 14 pages of irrelevance due to incorrectly merging threads.

The Rumour one became redundant once Langfield signed.

Absolute nonsense by Mods.

They usually need to trawl through 14 pages of your pish so what's new............

New readers will have to trawl through about 14 pages of irrelevance due to incorrectly merging threads.

The Rumour one became redundant once Langfield signed.

Absolute nonsense by Mods.

I take it you've not been getting your ho...., er, tips, recently?

Ridgid wont get a look in now.

It does seem a tad strange to have a goalkeeping coach who also wants to be first choice.

How does that work if he's the no.1? Does he coach himself?

How can he impartially give his view to Murray on who should be no.1?

What if he is not no.1 and disagrees with Murray over this? How will this affect his coaching and his relationship with the other keepers?

Interesting!

What others no.1 keepers are also the coach?

Paul Gallagher played 21 games for Partick Thistle last season, as well as being the goalkeeping coach.

Ridgers is the current number 1 anyway - Murray said as much in his interview on St Mirren Radio.

Edited by ulysses

Yep glad and not surprised to see Ridgers remains our number 1. That should do his confidence the world of good.

It's quite simple what's happened here really. Last season we had a goalkeeping staff of 4: Mathers, Kello, Ridgers and Wilks. A coach, a senior pro, an up and coming pro and a youth.

Since we have been relegated we have obviously had to cut back. The senior pro and coach roles have been merged and we now have a goalkeeping staff of 3.

It does seem a tad strange to have a goalkeeping coach who also wants to be first choice.

How does that work if he's the no.1? Does he coach himself?

How can he impartially give his view to Murray on who should be no.1?

What if he is not no.1 and disagrees with Murray over this? How will this affect his coaching and his relationship with the other keepers?

Interesting!

I think the decision on who gets the number 1 spot will be made based on first team performances. Ridgers is in possession at the moment. As long as he keeps performing, he'll keep it. A good situation to be in for us I believe.

"Does he coach himself?" - he coaches the other keepers. His being in the team doesn't affect that, does it? He's a professional, and will know there's a fair chance he won't get much game time.

How do you know this?

Signed as player/coach, is mid 30s and got a 2 year deal. Otherwise we would simply have brought another keeper in on a one year deal. Of course, I could be wrong but with Murray rebuilding the team I would wager Jamie will be heavily involved in bringing on our other 2 keepers while playing in key matches too.

Yep glad and not surprised to see Ridgers remains our number 1. That should do his confidence the world of good.

It's quite simple what's happened here really. Last season we had a goalkeeping staff of 4: Mathers, Kello, Ridgers and Wilks. A coach, a senior pro, an up and coming pro and a youth.

Since we have been relegated we have obviously had to cut back. The senior pro and coach roles have been merged and we now have a goalkeeping staff of 3.

Indeed.

Anyone trying to concoct some sort of, or should I say "Yet another", conspiracy theory is..............., well, I'll let you come to your own conclusions about their state of mind. 1eye.gif

A good, solid signing which adds more experience to the squad.

Edited by FTOF

C'mon....

Murray having spent so much time wooing Clangers is going to make him No1 end of. Rigid will be back up till Clangers drops a few howlers.

Given what clangers has said in his interviews coaching is completely a secondary priority to him.

Who cares?

Best player at any point in time to be preferred.

Your negative, slabbering shite is increasingly tiresome.