The Biggest Meltdown And Knickerwetting Thread Ever

shull

What would have Goodwin brought to today's performance? We certainly didn't lack a defensive presence, we lacked a half decent attacking player.

We lost to two set piece goals, one from a deflection, one from a penalty. Our midfield has no cutting edge, and our attack is powder puff. Two shots on target against a part time team is shocking. For once our defence weren't to blame, apart from the chances Kelly and Naismith passed up in the first half.

What would have Goodwin brought to today's performance? We certainly didn't lack a defensive presence, we lacked a half decent attacking player.

We lost to two set piece goals, one from a deflection, one from a penalty. Our midfield has no cutting edge, and our attack is powder puff. Two shots on target against a part time team is shocking. For once our defence weren't to blame, apart from the chances Kelly and Naismith passed up in the first half.

Goodwin would have brought midfield together. give some instruction

Anyone who feels Jim won't add to our starting 11 has been watching the wrong team for far to long. Jim is no world beater but he knows how to get stuck in and disrupt other teams. Our midfield is so small and lightweight that we just don't compete. Yesterday was embarrassing from start to finish

Disrupt other teams??? Just imagine how worse last season could have been if teams hadn't been so disrupted. Thank the Lord for Jim and his putting teams off their game by being utter pish. The amount of strikers put off by having too much time on the ball must have been a record high.

Disrupt other teams??? Just imagine how worse last season could have been if teams hadn't been so disrupted. Thank the Lord for Jim and his putting teams off their game by being utter pish. The amount of strikers put off by having too much time on the ball must have been a record high.

and how do you think we would of got on last season with Baird and Kelly at the back with conlan?

Never mind all this... Goodwin. You have been critical of Goodwin in many of your recent posts. Two questions. One - did he shag yer' missus' or take a dump in your pumpkin... and two. Are you about to challenge me to a fight behind the bike sheds at 4 pm over this scandalous and defamatory use of a well-worn forum expression.... I.E. 'What's up, did he shag your bird' or a variation thereof.

Bring haunners'. Bring two twenty year old sons with you if you have them!

Fight! Fight! Fight!

Hilarious, on so many levels except the intended one.

Who challenged you to a fight? It's not on any posts I have seen on here

and how do you think we would of got on last season with Baird and Kelly at the back with conlan?

Considering we had Tess, I think we'd have been just fine with Baird and Kelly at the back. I'd almost guarantee they wouldn't have just lost players randomly or had to actually work on not being a complete coward in regards to off the ball challenges.

What rubbish.

Customers paying some of the highest season ticket prices in the division, and the highest gate prices in the division have a right to expect at least some quality in their side. There is no obligation on the customer to be patient.

And when St Mirren is bought out by Argos and starts selling dodgy cameras and cheap jewelery you'll have a point.

Of course fans can start moaning and bitching half way through August and continue that throughout the season or they can accept a bad result and spend the rest of the week enjoying their lives. It's up to them.

Right now, we are sounding like Rangers fans from 3 years ago.

We now play Annan and Morton and TC asked "surely we can't lose either".

I can only assume he's taking the piss.

Absolutely we can get pumped by both regardless of which players start for us.

Both sides will be pumped to the max to play a big team.

It's EXACTLY what happened to Rangers with a multi-million pound team in League 2!!!

Why would we be exempt from this?

The sooner our players realise that the better.

Edited by oaksoft

And when St Mirren is bought out by Argos and starts selling dodgy cameras and cheap jewelery you'll have a point.

Of course fans can start moaning and bitching half way through August and continue that throughout the season or they can accept a bad result and spend the rest of the week enjoying their lives. It's up to them.

Right now, we are sounding like Rangers fans from 3 years ago.

We now play Annan and Morton and TC asked "surely we can't lose either".

I can only assume he's taking the piss.

Absolutely we can get pumped by both regardless of which players start for us.

Both sides will be pumped to the max to play a big team.

It's EXACTLY what happened to Rangers with a multi-million pound team in League 2!!!

Why would we be exempt from this?

The sooner our players realise that the better.

exactly ^^^^

Considering we had Tess, I think we'd have been just fine with Baird and Kelly at the back. I'd almost guarantee they wouldn't have just lost players randomly or had to actually work on not being a complete coward in regards to off the ball challenges.

Did Goodwin shag your missus?

Edited by Soctty

It was a shocking performance on Saturday but I do think we need to look at the bigger picture here. We have a very young squad who haven't played many games together. We do have quality players, and it may take them a few games to gel.

Our aim was to finish in the play offs, with a few more experienced additions I really don't see any reason for that not to happen. Still a lot of football to play. I think we need to stay positive and not show negativity to our young squad.

Did Goodwin shag your missus?

Nope, he's just rubbish. 1 tackle a game or 1 of his launch pad style headers does not fill 90 minutes. I'm fully aware he's the Cup Winning Captain, but he can't be the first player to be living off of a tag such as that. Saturday was missing some output up front, it didn't need Jim either continually fouling in midfield due to not quite getting there or Jim losing his man in defence.

I can't recall every performance last season, but he cost us the Motherwell game first day, was nothing short of abysmal at Perth and I don't think there's a word to describe how poor he was against Motherwell at Fir Park.

He might, just might, come in and perform at this level. But, it won't be against one of the top teams and it won't be consistency.

Now, if Jim is reading this (why) or one of his friends thinks telling him about this post will help his game (why?), all Jim needs to do is prove me wrong. It's always been that simple really, no good making one wee bread and butter tackle that David Lowing could put in then being dire for the 89 minutes around it.

Thankfully I gave the game a miss and wasnt in the least surprised when I heard the score.The 0-5 reverse in England took the wind out my sails and I have already expressed grave doubts about the new manager.The excuses about the team being "young" wont wash I`m afraid. The players have deliberately been chosen regardless of age, by the manager. They are professional footballers (allegedly)and we the fans are being asked to pay £20 a time to watch them. Its so dispiriting this early in the season to be yet again bottom of the league and deserving to be in that position.Perhaps there are other signings to be made which could help us move upwards but the signs are not good, given the lack of ability in those newly recruited.

The only silver lining in any defeat is coming on here to see the hilarious after-match meltdown by grown adults for whom a defeat is the catalyst for the disintegration of their entire week.

Thanks for leaving the thread open shull.

What a sad life you must lead if the highlight of your week is to come on to this forum to have a laugh after a defeat. :lol:

You certainly ain't a grown adult! Maybe you should get out more often after lectures!

If people are worried about the state of the team and performances they have every right to be. There was nothing positive to come out of Saturday for the team, yeah it may take time but here's the issue, we've know when the season starts for 2 months and we still aren't anywhere near ready.

Formation changes, no sort of settled 11, a threadbare squad made mostly of young lads. Pre season is there for a reason, yeah it's only 3 games but if any fan has been excited by what we've been served so far then the expectations are far too low for a club like ours.

We have fans who will always see the best in any situation which is fine, we have fans who no matter what, will moan and moan. But without being happy clappers or knicker wetters we all just want a successful team on the park, at the moment it looks miles away but let's hope things improve quickly