I Have Had Enough

red&blackcampbell

I've got some sympathy with red&blackcampbell's point of view. I've largely chucked it apart from the odd post once in a while. Partly it's because I tend more and more to see posts on my phone which makes it near impossible to ignore my 'ignores'. And I hate replying on my phone. By the time I get home I've forgotten what the f**k I was going to say. ( I know- partly an age thing) I don't want to see loads of guys getting barred and can understand why the mods take it easy. But I do get hacked off with some of the absolute dross that gets posted especially by some guys who think it's perfectly OK to hate all things St.Mirren while maintaining they support the club. Funny way to show it in my humble opinion. But the forum is addictive. I'll keep on reading even if I don't contribute much.

You must be on a Thistle forum Dave.Do threads there go the same way once the topic is old news?

We Are Thistle has a lot less viewers than BAWA. But probably the same amount of folk posting.

The only time they go off topic is when puns start getting thrown about. But, like any forum, that happens once the thread is worn out... Or to piss off folk who greet about puns.

I think when I joined BAWA about 5 years ago, it was similar to what it is now, I can't remember their names, but there were a few folk who just went out to abuse folk like Faraway, who I thinks a good poster.

The only thing I don't like on BAWA are the ridiculous amount of aliases. Apart from that, it's a cracking forum.

I stopped posting so much on the main forum as we had a wean, it meant I couldn't use my free Saturday's to go to watch St Mirren. So I'm not really as qualified to discuss the topics posted.

Now I just look out for threads on the general forum to see who StuDicks getting a roasting off of on any particular day.

We Are Thistle has a lot less viewers than BAWA. But probably the same amount of folk posting.

The only time they go off topic is when puns start getting thrown about. But, like any forum, that happens once the thread is worn out... Or to piss off folk who greet about puns.

I think when I joined BAWA about 5 years ago, it was similar to what it is now, I can't remember their names, but there were a few folk who just went out to abuse folk like Faraway, who I thinks a good poster.

The only thing I don't like on BAWA are the ridiculous amount of aliases. Apart from that, it's a cracking forum.

I stopped posting so much on the main forum as we had a wean, it meant I couldn't use my free Saturday's to go to watch St Mirren. So I'm not really as qualified to discuss the topics posted.

Now I just look out for threads on the general forum to see who StuDicks getting a roasting off of on any particular day.

cloud9.gifcloud9.gifcloud9.gif

PS You're no my alias are you? wink.png (Please let it be "no"....................laugh.png )

One problem with asking the moderators to step in is where do they draw the line? What constitutes a post worthy of moderating? If it's over moderated then they can't be called moderators, they would have to change their title to extreminators as they would then be extreme in their moderating and therefore no longer moderate. Maybe they could change their title to something like aliasator whereby they only remove posts by people with more than one alias. I'm quite pleased that this post is full of drivel as I can now count myself among the elite! Seriously, or less seriously, some folk do need to lighten up. I love these forums. Yes there is a huge amount of pish but in the days when I bought newspapers I would scan for saints related news and read only that and ignore the rest. It's not that hard to scan but not read whats written and the good stuff has had me in stitches many times. Cheer up for christs sake

Never really understand why people get so agitated about other posters.

There is a simple way of placing those users on ignore, and you'll never see any of their posts again !

Try it, I have a small number of people on my list and it makes the forum 100 times better !

Who said that whistling.gif

You were doing great up until you said faraway is a good guy.

One problem with asking the moderators to step in is where do they draw the line? What constitutes a post worthy of moderating? If it's over moderated then they can't be called moderators, they would have to change their title to extreminators as they would then be extreme in their moderating and therefore no longer moderate. Maybe they could change their title to something like aliasator whereby they only remove posts by people with more than one alias. I'm quite pleased that this post is full of drivel as I can now count myself among the elite! Seriously, or less seriously, some folk do need to lighten up. I love these forums. Yes there is a huge amount of pish but in the days when I bought newspapers I would scan for saints related news and read only that and ignore the rest. It's not that hard to scan but not read whats written and the good stuff has had me in stitches many times. Cheer up for christs sake

The moderators can step in when there's threatening behaviour, sectarian / racist / homophobic / Cheesy / Goody / REA abuse... I think those are the categories that can get you into trouble these days, and also I suppose, if they deem something posted as slanderous or likely to attract the attention of lawyers.

Hard to see what they can do about tedious trolling bawbags getting hard-ons with multiple alias wankery.

Edit: sectarian / racist / homophobic / Cheesy / Goody / REA and sexist abuse. I forgot about sexist abuse. You need to remember that if that wummin' linesman is shite, it isn't because she's a wummin' linesman, it's simply because she's shite. Like Willie Collum.

Edited by pozbaird

The only reason the forum has doubled in size is because of the amount of aliases Shull and Arbroath bloke set up! What is surprising though is the amount of people who get drawn in by them especially when they are pointing the finger at others.

That said they aint very clever as one of them quoted a post i made, but stupidly did it under one of their other aliases... eh Lapsley (Shull)..?

I agree with Athens-Saint and Red & Black the mods should purge the forum of posters using more than one username, and we should self moderate when these bampots take over serious/interesting threads with their hilarous(not) 'to you, to me' pish.

You,ll notice the posters with the greatest number of posts on this thread desperatly pleading all and sundry to ignore Athens-Saint and Red&Blacks suggestions are the Usual Suspects...

The only reason the forum has doubled in size is because of the amount of aliases Shull and Arbroath bloke set up! What is surprising though is the amount of people who get drawn in by them especially when they are pointing the finger at others.

That said they aint very clever as one of them quoted a post i made, but stupidly did it under one of their other aliases... eh Lapsley (Shull)..?

I agree with Athens-Saint and Red & Black the mods should purge the forum of posters using more than one username, and we should self moderate when these bampots take over serious/interesting threads with their hilarous(not) 'to you, to me' pish.

You,ll notice the posters with the greatest number of posts on this thread desperatly pleading all and sundry to ignore Athens-Saint and Red&Blacks suggestions are the Usual Suspects...

Could you provide proof all the amount of aliases I have? 1eye.gif

There is a saint-sad which I used back in the red dot/green dot days but, if anyone cares to check, that's long been redundant.

Sitting back and laughing at someone who is quite easily the latest forum clown pleading for "justice".....................lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Most know my aliases, supras, lapsley and freethinker. They have more or less been retired for a long time. They were deliberately reproduced on Thursday night as a joke.

But you missed the humour and got completely wooshed.

Ditch yir bad mood ffs.

Most know my aliases, supras, lapsley and freethinker. They have more or less been retired for a long time. They were deliberately reproduced on Thursday night as a joke.

But you missed the humour and got completely wooshed.

Ditch yir bad mood ffs.

Leave him alone

I love Somner9.

Sorry to say I am about to log out for the last time. It is amazing how many on here have nothing to do but post nonsense all day every day. Would be bearable if coherent, relevant contributions were included, but too many self serving clowns for me. The lunatics have taken over the asylum.

He or she may only have contributed 19 posts but goodness me, goodness me indeed what memorable posts they were!

Everyone remembers where they were when red&blackcampbell posted the tragic news that Queen Victoria had died or when he (or she) exclusively revealed that the Linwood car plant was to finally close thus bringing devastation to our local economy or where they were when he (or she) informed us, before anyone else that Nelson Mandela would once again walk amongst us as a free man.

I will miss you thingmie, I only hope that just before man finally walks on Mars you find it within yourself to inform us first!

Thanks for the memories. cherishing them already.