Ross & Miller To Save The Season!

Ross & Miller  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Our hapless out of touch board go from one crap managerial appointment to another, but at least they brought Miller in. Now is the time for the board to stand up and admit they cant pick a decent manager, go the whole hog, bin Murray and get Jack Ross in with Miller working alongside him.

Straight Away you would have Organisation, Discipline, Tactical Nous, Passion, Fight and two guys who are proven developers of young, raw talent.

Come on board, stand up and make the change, have the strength to forget petty vendettas and hand the reins over to two men who will put out competitive St Mirren sides who win at home!

Edited by Lord Pityme

Jack Ross? Another rookie? We need a manager who has a proven track record. Someone with knowledge of the game and is tactically aware.Jack may be a good addition to the coaching team, but manager? I think not.

Jack Ross 220px-Jack_Ross_St_Mirren.jpg
Ross playing for St. Mirren
Personal information Full name John James Ross Date of birth 5 June 1976 (age 39) Place of birth Falkirk, Scotland Height 6 ft 1 in (1.85 m) Playing position Defender Youth career 1992–1993 Dundee 1993–1995 Forfar Athletic Senior career* Years Team Apps (Gls) 1995–1999 Camelon Juniors 0 (0) 1999–2004 Clyde 159 (9) 2004–2005 Hartlepool United 23 (0) 2005–2008 Falkirk 76 (2) 2008–2010 St. Mirren 64 (1) 2010 Hamilton Academical 2 (0) 2010–2011 Dunfermline Athletic 0 (0) National team2009 Scotland B 1 (0) Teams managed 2011–2014 Dumbarton (assistant) 2014– Heart of Midlothian (coach)

* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 3 February 2011.
† Appearances (goals)

‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 26

Jack Ross? Another rookie? We need a manager who has a proven track record. Someone with knowledge of the game and is tactically aware.Jack may be a good addition to the coaching team, but manager? I think not

Ross has proven experience as assistant when Dumbarton climbed the league, as U20 manager at a very successful Hearts, he commands respect, is thoughtful and most importantly involves no compensation. With Miller as well i see that as a formidable team.

The managers with experience and some degree of respect I would like, are I believe out of our reach either because of compensation, their club not wanting to let them go to a league rival, and the individuals themselves not fancying us. Ross with Miller gives us a complete change, but one with nous and fight!

Ross with Miller gives us a complete change, but one with nous and fight!

Complete change?

He was assistant to Murray.

We do need complete change IMO, clear out of the players who got us where we are and get an experienced manager in.

Something that should have been done in the summer.

Edited by davidg

Here's a novel idea for the "Nein" to everthing brigade....

If you disagree with Ross & Miller, give us your alternative suggestion and the reasons why?

And if you agree, again why you think it would work?

Then perhaps we might identify common ground that could help our club. Constantly just saying "Naw" is the main reason we are in this mess!!!

Because doing that tells the board no one is bothered, or cares what mess they make.

Lets hear you opinions and alternatives!

I think the only thing that can save our season is if one person can start one hundred new bitter threads in the space of one month, and gain entry into this Christmas' Guinness Book of Shite St Mirren Records.

Having said that, our club is now rotten from the boardroom to the manager's office to the dressing room, and I do happen to agree that perhaps Batman & Robin could be the only duo to save this sorry lot.

Our hapless out of touch board go from one crap managerial appointment to another, but at least they brought Miller in. Now is the time for the board to stand up and admit they cant pick a decent manager, go the whole hog, bin Murray and get Jack Ross in with Miller working alongside him.

Straight Away you would have Organisation, Discipline, Tactical Nous, Passion, Fight and two guys who are proven developers of young, raw talent.

Come on board, stand up and make the change, have the strength to forget petty vendettas and hand the reins over to two men who will put out competitive St Mirren sides who win at home!

You ( rightly ) point out before how many goals Dumbarton shipped under Murray yet Ross was part of that management team so it does not make sense that you want his former assistant in. Sorry you are grasping at straws.

Miller has been brought in to shore up Murray I reckon he has till December to learn fast. As such this season is over.

However if the board were to appoint Miller we just might make the play offs.

Then you are voting to continue our club's demise. I suppose if your happy with things thats your choIce.

Excuse me Sir. Who the feck made you Lord of the bloody manner.Or of SMP for that matter. Is your telly on the blink? Coming on here writing your pish!

Listen you here to me pal. Out of every thing that has been written on here from manager wish lists, to how shite the BOD are, from, has our club been sold to How shite our new ground is....and the only reply we get from our great chairman is a fecking POLL ON SUMMER FOOTBALL.. If you honestly think whatever is written on here will influence any decisions made at our club, then you are sad and deluded. But I suspect your telly is indeed on the blink and you have bugger all to do but stay on here writing drivel.

Have a good day.

You ( rightly ) point out before how many goals Dumbarton shipped under Murray yet Ross was part of that management team so it does not make sense that you want his former assistant in. Sorry you are grasping at straws.

Miller has been brought in to shore up Murray I reckon he has till December to learn fast. As such this season is over.

However if the board were to appoint Miller we just might make the play offs.

Ross was at hearts from july 2014 so didn't play any part in them shipping 79 goals last season

How many times must we all shout for a change of manager,

Wee Grumpy kept us in the top tier but his style of football was not to everyones taste

Danny won us a trophy played nice football but we got bored by him

Tommy Craig. Hopeless from day one

Gary Teale. took over a sunk ship never had a chance.

Murray. never thought he was the right man for the job.

Next...... Miracle Worker Required

Not a bad combination, though I'd go for Miller as manager and Ross as #2.

Would Miller take the role though?

Next...... Miracle Worker Required

No miracle worker required. We simply need a manager with a solid football philosophy, a formation and tactics suited to that and players who can operate within his system.

Fire Murray today and give Miller the gig. He'll have a couple of months to evaluate his squad and work any contacts he has in the game to attract 2 or 3 players to the club in January that will get us away from the drop zone because let's be honest, that's the objective now for this season.

Edited by DLBud

No miracle worker required. We simply need a manager with a solid football philosophy, a formation and tactics suited to that and players who can operate within his system.

This is really crucial.

With the players we have currently, Murray's non-existent style of play, which reverts to hoofing it at any opportunity, does not suit this group of players. Every good bit of play this season has came from the players passing it on the deck (that Thommo goal against QotS apart).

Keep it on the deck fs, and we'll get better. Mallan, Agnew, McMullan, Gallagher, Morgan, even Goody, all better with ball to feet rather than trying to muster a half hearted jump to win a high ball.

Complete change?

He was assistant to Murray.

We do need complete change IMO, clear out of the players who got us where we are and get an experienced manager in.

Something that should have been done in the summer.

Don't agree we need a clearout of players, seen enough of Mallan, Shankland, Gallagher, Morgan, Naismith, Baird Kelly and even Howieson to know that they are talented young players. Add in Webster and Agnew you have a decent core of player at this level. I am sure a quality manager could, with the addition of one or two players, turn us round and into a competitive championship team.

Thommo and Goodwin can imo go now knowing they have given there best and have been great players for the club!

You ( rightly ) point out before how many goals Dumbarton shipped under Murray yet Ross was part of that management team so it does not make sense that you want his former assistant in. Sorry you are grasping at straws.Miller has been brought in to shore up Murray I reckon he has till December to learn fast. As such this season is over.However if the board were to appoint Miller we just might make the play offs.

Indeed Ross was not with Murray last season when they shipped 79 goals! That honour belongs to the man Murray made his assistant... Step forward Ms M Spalding...

Get your facts right,

Then you are voting to continue our club's demise. I suppose if your happy with things thats your choIce.

Excuse me Sir. Who the feck made you Lord of the bloody manner.Or of SMP for that matter. Is your telly on the blink? Coming on here writing your pish!

Listen you here to me pal. Out of every thing that has been written on here from manager wish lists, to how shite the BOD are, from, has our club been sold to How shite our new ground is....and the only reply we get from our great chairman is a fecking POLL ON SUMMER FOOTBALL.. If you honestly think whatever is written on here will influence any decisions made at our club, then you are sad and deluded. But I suspect your telly is indeed on the blink and you have bugger all to do but stay on here writing drivel.

Have a good day.

Again unless you speak out against something you arevpassively condoning it.

The board always acts when the money starts to slow up, the trouble is they invariable make the wrong, or delay the decision. Thats where pressure can be brought to bear.

Horrendous result yesterday, but we have to allow Miller time to assess what he has at his disposal and a system to suit the players, it's only been a week. For me it's time for Thompson to take a seat, Shankland and Gallagher to try and forge a partnership.

Although Thompson is solid up top no one is running off him and collecting the flick on's.

Too many aimless headers going straight to the opposition is causing us to lose posession far too often, as stated above we need to get the ball down and play or at least head it to one of our own.

We also tend to stand off opponents when they have the ball, we need to hassle them more and also adopt the tactics we have seen from other teams in this league where they all run to the corner flag after a goal and take ages to get back to their own half which gives them a breather and calms the game down for them. Another tactic used in this league is for an opposition player to stand in front of the ball preventing quick free kicks - if we did that yesterday then the second goal may have been prevented - just a thought.

I have however no wish for us to resort to diving for penalties or rolling around on the ground then getting teammates to surround the ref asking for a card to be shown - another tactic used too often by teams in this league.

Edited by buddiecat

Jack Ross? Another rookie? We need a manager who has a proven track record. Someone with knowledge of the game and is tactically aware.Jack may be a good addition to the coaching team, but manager? I think not.

Jack Ross 220px-Jack_Ross_St_Mirren.jpg
Ross playing for St. Mirren
Personal information Full name John James Ross Date of birth 5 June 1976 (age 39) Place of birth Falkirk, Scotland Height 6 ft 1 in (1.85 m) Playing position Defender Youth career 1992–1993 Dundee 1993–1995 Forfar Athletic Senior career* Years Team Apps (Gls) 1995–1999 Camelon Juniors 0 (0) 1999–2004 Clyde 159 (9) 2004–2005 Hartlepool United 23 (0) 2005–2008 Falkirk 76 (2) 2008–2010 St. Mirren 64 (1) 2010 Hamilton Academical 2 (0) 2010–2011 Dunfermline Athletic 0 (0) National team 2009 Scotland B 1 (0) Teams managed 2011–2014 Dumbarton (assistant) 2014– Heart of Midlothian (coach)

* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 3 February 2011.

† Appearances (goals)

‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 26

we know who he is, thanks