St Mirren Sales Dept

Having been the custodian of a season ticket for several years, circumstances dictated around 3 years ago, that I had to give it up.

Whilst, I have attended most home league games, particularly on a Saturday, I am now in the "privilaged" position to decide whether or not to hang on to my cash.

With the team performances being particularly - Erm - "shite", the rush from work on a midweek night, the fact it's on the telly, & skimming me for a £20 note the week before payday, can anyone sell this to me?

Would love to hear a sales advisor try & pitch this one! - Ultimately, why should I??

Having been the custodian of a season ticket for several years, circumstances dictated around 3 years ago, that I had to give it up.

Whilst, I have attended most home league games, particularly on a Saturday, I am now in the "privilaged" position to decide whether or not to hang on to my cash.

With the team performances being particularly - Erm - "shite", the rush from work on a midweek night, the fact it's on the telly, & skimming me for a £20 note the week before payday, can anyone sell this to me?

Would love to hear a sales advisor try & pitch this one! - Ultimately, why should I??

You can have Ronnie's or Sweeper07's Season Ticket.

I will donate the beans from my Pie to you, for free.

I think you should go to the game if it is possible for you to go.

In your lifetime, people will come and go , friends come and go , jobs come and go , partners come and go , but the one thing in your life that doesn't change is 'your' team.

Supporting St Mirren is a 'relationship' there are times they will frustrate and annoy you , the will inevitably let you down , they will occasionally give you reason to feel happy and on rare occasions very happy.

The last 10 years ? You enjoyed getting promoted to top flight , you had reason to attend 2 national cup finals in 3 years , a relegation, a selection of highs and lows and in that time many players and managers have left 'your' club. One thing did NOT change during that time - YOUR SUPPORT, oh yes you've felt let down but it's your club , your team , your passion, spend that £20 , go watch St Mirren and you will enjoy a win and a better weekend for it !

Now is 'your' time - live it , love it , watch St Mirren.

:)

Edited by whydowebother

I think you have to look at the way we sell the club and the comparison with the marketing of Braehead Clan, we are poles apart on the use of social media.

We need to maximise every penny we can even if it is only getting getting another 50-100 fans who might have been watching on tv through the door. Should be an easy one to sell first home league derby in god knows how many years and I can't remember seeing a peep trying to promote the game.

The good times, when they come, and they do, are always made the sweeter for having endured the rough times along the way.

For every day like March 17th 2013 there are a hundred kicks in the balls to be had as a supporter of this club.

Time and experience doesn't make it much easier to bear, but let's be honest if we all wanted relative constant success we wouldn't have chosen to support St.Mirren and instead would have followed one of the poisoned sisters from up the road.

This is indeed a very rough patch, but we will come through it just like we always do, and your support, along with that of everyone else, will definitely help.

So wrap yourself up, get your head up, and get down there and buy a ticket and cheer on the boys to their first home league win of the season.

St Mirren 4 Celtic 0

That is the best reason for not missing Friday night.

Get down to Greenhill Road.

You never know...

Then at least, you may say...

I AM GLAD I WAS THERE.

COYS

Never made it to that one had to work.

Can see people talking about the Celtic game in years to come but come on "do you remember that time we beat Morton 1-0 in November for our 1st home win of the season".

Can't really see that being up there with all time great results/performances.

Never made it to that one had to work.

Can see people talking about the Celtic game in years to come but come on "do you remember that time we beat Morton 1-0 in November for our 1st home win of the season".

Can't really see that being up there with all time great results/performances.

You never know.

Might win 10 nil.

Might be 4 down at half time and win 7-5.

Might get beat and Murray sacked.

Better not to miss it.

I have been lucky to have been at most of the "famous" wins over the years!

81 Anglo cup final

87 Cup final (& all ties en-route)

The Tannadice "rout" (As featured on here)

The "1st one was scored by Gunni" game at Darkheid

The Somerset clincher.

The comeback at Fir Park.

The 4-0 Mowbray game.

The league cup semis & finals.

Not to mention Hammerby & a multitude of other disappointments, but, the original point was "sell it to me!" - It's on telly, it freezing & it's midweek after work. (Plus £20 + addons that I can spend elsewhere!)

Other than guys on here giving it "go & support your team" - No-one has made an effort to sell me the product on offer!

I have been lucky to have been at most of the "famous" wins over the years!

81 Anglo cup final

87 Cup final (& all ties en-route)

The Tannadice "rout" (As featured on here)

The "1st one was scored by Gunni" game at Darkheid

The Somerset clincher.

The comeback at Fir Park.

The 4-0 Mowbray game.

The league cup semis & finals.

Not to mention Hammerby & a multitude of other disappointments, but, the original point was "sell it to me!" - It's on telly, it freezing & it's midweek after work. (Plus £20 + addons that I can spend elsewhere!)

Other than guys on here giving it "go & support your team" - No-one has made an effort to sell me the product on offer!

Whit about the free beans?

Get yourself into the Bull Inn before the game and I will buy you a pint, ourselves and fellow saints fans can talk of the reasons why we support our club, the good and the bad memories of being a saints fan. No doubt when we talk of the bad memories we will laugh and agree that it has made us stronger and more determined to enjoy the good times a saints fan.

Everyone can then head to the game and help create an atmosphere that the players can use to beat the unwashed as we sing our merry hearts out and help the team kick start their season and start to climb the league. In a few weeks time you will think back about what has been the best game you have attended this calendar year (it may not be the best) but at least you can say I was thereon the 19/11/2015 before you laugh or cry.

COYS

If the prospect of the first home derby game in 15 years, on a Friday night under the floodlights, doesn't get your juices going then your mojo may well be beyond repair Panda.

I'm not sure that anyone could sell "the product" on offer. We've been shite for ages, and after the Hibs game, I didn't think I'd be going through tomorrow. But, as others have said, it's in the blood, and the thought of getting the chance to laugh at that mob again is an inspiring one.

I'm sure it'll be a great atmosphere, with plenty of tackles flying in and a few goals. No matter how bad we've been at times over the past 15 years, those manky low lifes haven't been able to beat us.

I'm even changing childcare plans to get to Kirkcaldy on Tuesday, I'll never feckin learn.