Buy The Buds

buddiecat

Someone suggested at the meeting tonight with fans groups (Supporters bus clubs,SMDSA, Saint Mirren Active, Fans Council, SMiSA and Taxi drivers - all represented) that there should be a separate thread for the buyout campaign. Obviously i agree with that suggestion, my hope is that this thread is used to promote the campaign to recruit the 1000 sign-ups that are needed, and that fellow fans pitch in with ideas and opinions which concern only the recruitment of 1000 fans.

With the running total now at 302 in less than a week, i am encouraged and feel we can get the 1000 sign-ups.

Everyone who backs the bid needs to be talking to people about it and directing them to the web page http://www.smisa.net/ to read the details of the bid and also the FAQ part where all frequently asked questions are and will be posted and of course where they can sign up to one of the packages or use the contact us link if they want to talk about alternative methods of payment. The minimum sign-up amount is £12 a month.

Although some fans have already signed up for one of the other 2 options, they can and will only be counted as one sign-up, the sellers and bankers want to see commitment from 1000 fans to convince them that it is a sustainable proposition.

Your thoughts and ideas on how we can achieve 1000 sign-ups are very welcome.

Edited by buddiecat

Excellent idea. How about several members with "SMISA" tshirts and flyers mingling amongst the away support on Saturday chatting and getting the messages across, hopefully with the supporters clubs reps their tonight's these can also be circulated on the coaches this Saturday

Excellent idea. How about several members with "SMISA" tshirts and flyers mingling amongst the away support on Saturday chatting and getting the messages across, hopefully with the supporters clubs reps their tonight's these can also be circulated on the coaches this Saturday

Anything/everything, if you support this move, is a good move.

Someone suggested at the meeting tonight with fans groups (Supporters bus clubs,SMDSA, Saint Mirren Active, Fans Council, SMiSA and Taxi drivers - all represented) that there should be a separate thread for the buyout campaign. Obviously i agree with that suggestion, my hope is that this thread is used to promote the campaign to recruit the 1000 sign-ups that are needed, and that fellow fans pitch in with ideas and opinions which concern only the recruitment of 1000 fans.

With the running total now at 302 in less than a week, i am encouraged and feel we can get the 1000 sign-ups.

Everyone who backs the bid needs to be talking to people about it and directing them to the web page http://www.smisa.net/ to read the details of the bid and also the FAQ part where all frequently asked questions are and will be posted and of course where they can sign up to one of the packages or use the contact us link if they want to talk about alternative methods of payment. The minimum sign-up amount is £12 a month.

Although some fans have already signed up for one of the other 2 options, they can and will only be counted as one sign-up, the sellers and bankers want to see commitment from 1000 fans to convince them that it is a sustainable proposition.

Your thoughts and ideas on how we can achieve 1000 sign-ups are very welcome.

So am I better splitting my £25 per month and setting up a membership for my youngest son? 2 x £12 instead of 1 x £25?

So am I better splitting my £25 per month and setting up a membership for my youngest son? 2 x £12 instead of 1 x £25?

Your choice Stuart, i have done £25 without splitting as it's my donation. Personally if any of my family want to sign-up (and some have) then i would want them to have made their own subscription, that way instead of £25 from me it would be at least £37 from the 2 of us.

Your choice Stuart, i have done £25 without splitting as it's my donation. Personally if any of my family want to sign-up (and some have) then i would want them to have made their own subscription, that way instead of £25 from me it would be at least £37 from the 2 of us.

I know this will sound odd, but I'm only trying to help. If SMiSA need the membership numbers, as intimated earlier in the thread, then my contribution could easily be split to proved 2 members instead of 1. I'm not in the least bit interested in the "benefits" as stated and I can't see myself using any of them. My youngest son is still in full time education so he's not likely to take out his own subscription just yet. If it doesn't matter then I'll leave it as it is.

I know this will sound odd, but I'm only trying to help. If SMiSA need the membership numbers, as intimated earlier in the thread, then my contribution could easily be split to proved 2 members instead of 1. I'm not in the least bit interested in the "benefits" as stated and I can't see myself using any of them. My youngest son is still in full time education so he's not likely to take out his own subscription just yet. If it doesn't matter then I'll leave it as it is.

I can see pro's and con's either way Stuart. It really does have to be your decision though. I don't think i should suggest what anyone should do with their contributions.

What i will say is i am grateful for your help and the help of anyone who can contribute to this.

how old is your child? if under 16 you cannot be a full member of SMISA, and so would have no ability to use the vote that comes when you are 16 or over

Edited by rea

I'm sure its a pro-rata value at 1000 x £12 per month. (500 x £25 type of thing)

Your own £25 will contribute as equivalent to 2 towards the total required.

This is not an official view though - maybe someone from SMiSA will clarify and confirm?

The more that sign up the better - well done and thanks for doing so :-)

Edited by garzo

What Stuart is saying is he's happy to put in his £24/£25 a month, however he wants to know if it is better for SMiSA that it is done as two £12 a month subscriptions so it shows lenders there are two backers instead of one.

Apologies if I'm going over ground, looked like some were struggling with it.

Edited by Stu

The problem then appears to be in the nature of the Countdown Clock on the website. 1000 x £12 a month gives the cash amount required to achieve lift off, but there must be many folk who have pledged more than the £12 a month, so (like StuDick) are effectively 2 x £12 a month towards the required initial amount, or 3,4, or whatever x £12 a month depending on how much over and above the £12 some folk are contributing.

Maybe there needs to be an additional clock or some sort of 'progress bar' underneath the existing one which reflects the total amount of progress towards the goal?

Edited by pozbaird

Perhaps someone from SMISA committee can let Stuart know if it's possible to amend his £25 to 2 X 12 ? As I think this would be better for numbers as there be others who have done similar.....

In his post above he says He is leaving it as is.

Would be really special to see if the membership count could get around 500 sign ups over the weekend. That momentum would surely take us over the line.

Perhaps someone from SMISA committee can let Stuart know if it's possible to amend his £25 to 2 X 12 ? As I think this would be better for numbers as there be others who have done similar.....

The lenders will look very carefully at the numbers and the security of the stadium being offered, i dont think moving membership around to make the count look bigger but the cash flow stay the same will make any difference, in fact in my experience what it will do is reduce the average per member, which is a number the bank or lender will take note of

The lenders will look very carefully at the numbers and the security of the stadium being offered, i dont think moving membership around to make the count look bigger but the cash flow stay the same will make any difference, in fact in my experience what it will do is reduce the average per member, which is a number the bank or lender will take note of

Moving the membership numbers around would though, if moved in the way StuDick is asking, show a greater amount of sign-ups on the progress clock. Might not mean anything to the lenders, but that clock is the public barometer of how close it is to being achieved. If it goes up, maybe it encourages more individuals to sign up themselves?

Moving the membership numbers around would though, if moved in the way StuDick is asking, show a greater amount of sign-ups on the progress clock. Might not mean anything to the lenders, but that clock is the public barometer of how close it is to being achieved. If it goes up, maybe it encourages more individuals to sign up themselves?

Fair point

In his post above he says He is leaving it as is.

Would be really special to see if the membership count could get around 500 sign ups over the weekend. That momentum would surely take us over the line.

I think 500 in a fortnight in would be a decent return.

Seems the small meeting went very well last night with a few really enthusiastic posts on Facebook , I think more public meetings is the key as when people here George and Gordon speak they can't help but be impressed by them .

Hopefully several more planned , how about a large one at the stadium ??