Prince

Drew

No, not one of wee 90 year old Betty's lads.

Seemingly there has been a fatality at Prince's Paisley Park studios. No details as yet, but (and no disrespect to whoever else it might be) if it is the man himself, this will be a very dark day.

Edited by Drew

No, not one of wee 90 year old Betty's lads.

Seemingly there has been a fatality at Prince's Paisley Park studios. No details as yet, but (and no disrespect to whoever else it might be) if it is the man himself, this will be a very dark day.

Gulp. Saw him in the Hydro relatively recently... Unbelievable gig. The bloke is a stunningly great guitar player never mind anything else.

Sign O' The Times.... Guitar.... Raspberry Beret... 1999... Little Red Corvette... When Doves Cry... U Got the Look... Kiss... Purple Rain... Let's Go Crazy... Pop Life... I Feel For You... I Could Never Take the Place of Your Man...Nothing Compares 2 U... Pink Cashmere... Diamonds & Pearls... Peach... Venus De Milo... Pretzelbodylogic...Revelation... Big City... Look At Me...Rock 'n Roll Love Affair... Hardrocklover....

and on.....

Fcuking genius. Writer, singer, guitarist, actor, performer, pianist, producer...

Gutted, absolutely gutted. Loved the guy's work.

Sign O' The Times.... Guitar.... Raspberry Beret... 1999... Little Red Corvette... When Doves Cry... U Got the Look... Kiss... Purple Rain... Let's Go Crazy... Pop Life... I Feel For You... I Could Never Take the Place of Your Man...Nothing Compares 2 U... Pink Cashmere... Diamonds & Pearls... Peach... Venus De Milo... Pretzelbodylogic...Revelation... Big City... Look At Me...Rock 'n Roll Love Affair... Hardrocklover....

and on.....

Fcuking genius. Writer, singer, guitarist, actor, performer, pianist, producer...

Gutted, absolutely gutted. Loved the guy's work.

Aye, time to dig out the greatest hits, so many GREAT pop songs.

Thought he was OK a bit of a Bono of the soul world. Seen him at the SSE a couple in front of me and my mate asked us to stop talking as they could not hear the gig properly which says a lot about his PA. Before making it big he played in Rick James backing band. Rick James now that's an artist. Still 57 is too young to die. RIP.

Nice touch from Noel Gallagher at tonight's brilliant High Flying Birds gig - at the start of the night, the house lights went down and the crowd in a packed Hydro roared. An image of Prince appeared on the huge screen at the back of the stage and the intro to his 'Let's Go Crazy' song boomed out.... 'Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to get through this thing called life....' As Prince's voice sang the first 'Let's Go Crazy!' line, the band burst into their opening song. Class...

Then at the start of the encores, as the image of Prince once more appeared on the huge screen, Noel Gallagher came up to the mic' and said "I was in a band once. We recorded an album called 'Standing On The Shoulders of Giants'. One of those giants was Prince. Glasgow - sing 'Live Forever' with us. This one's for Prince."

Cue the house lights in the Hydro coming on as the entire venue lit up....

Maybe I don't really wanna know

How your garden grows

'Cause I just wanna fly

Lately did you ever feel the pain

In the morning rain

As it soaks you to the bone

Maybe I just wanna fly

Want to live I don't wanna die

Maybe I just wanna breath

Maybe I just don't believe

Maybe you're the same as me

We see things they'll never see

You and I are gonna live forever.

Edited by pozbaird

I'm not overly surprised. I'd heard rumours some time ago that he was HIV+. I haven't seen any confirmation of that on any of the official channels but TMZ who broke the story of his death are now reporting that Prince had been admitted to hospital last week after an "opiate overdose" which could of course have been heroin but I think it's more likely it was for one of the strong painkillers he was using. No doubt there will be more to come from this story

I'm not overly surprised. I'd heard rumours some time ago that he was HIV+. I haven't seen any confirmation of that on any of the official channels but TMZ who broke the story of his death are now reporting that Prince had been admitted to hospital last week after an "opiate overdose" which could of course have been heroin but I think it's more likely it was for one of the strong painkillers he was using. No doubt there will be more to come from this story

You could get a job for the Sun.

They jump to conclusions all the time.

You've covered HIV, heroin and strong painkillers, well done. thumbdown.gif