The Politics Thread

shull

1 hour ago, Rascal said:

Best to look on the positive side of things. Everyone knows that mistakes have been made. Park it in and get on with delivering the ferries. The need has not gone away. Our ability as Scots to rake over past mistakes whilst ignoring successes is certainly world leading. Upwards and onwards or we will certainly underachieve.

I'm not a Scottis Government basher but it was one helluva mistake, and very avoidable. I know why they thought they needed to do what they did but they should have made sure there was a real guarantee with penalty clauses.

Just now, stlucifer said:

I'm not a Scottish Government basher but it was one helluva mistake, and very avoidable. I know why they thought they needed to do what they did but they should have made sure there was a real guarantee with penalty clauses.

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

I'm not a Scottis Government basher but it was one helluva mistake, and very avoidable. I know why they thought they needed to do what they did but they should have made sure there was a real guarantee with penalty clauses.

Clearly

11 hours ago, Rascal said:

Mr MacColl knows how to make money and how not to lose it. Despite having the dosh and being a big Rangers Fan he resisted all attempts to get him involved at Ibrox as far as I know.As I said…no fool and was, at least for a time, close to those at the top of Scottish Politics.

Incorrect, "he couldn't get it on his terms" would be far more accurate.....what he was doing at Ferguson's wasn't all that different to the sharks that were taking Rangers apart.

5 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

Incorrect, "he couldn't get it on his terms" would be far more accurate.....what he was doing at Ferguson's wasn't all that different to the sharks that were taking Rangers apart.

Actually, we are in agreement. He couldn’t get his  terms at Ibrox so demurred. He could at Ferguson so he went ahead. 

2 minutes ago, Rascal said:

Actually, we are in agreement. He couldn’t get his  terms at Ibrox so demurred. He could at Ferguson so he went ahead. 

You forgot "and ran Ferguson's into the ground". Living in Inverclyde and knowing a lot of people involved at Feguson's, I don't know one person with a good word to say about him.

7 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

You forgot "and ran Ferguson's into the ground". Living in Inverclyde and knowing a lot of people involved at Feguson's, I don't know one person with a good word to say about him.

I am not likely to add to his reputation. He makes money. Full stop Wee Bud. Somehow people who do seem to be given an elevated status. Not by me. Ruthless is the word I would use

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, HSS said:

Boris is one of many to be given fines for breaking covid rules 👏👏👏

I’’m sure we all must have broken some of the lockdown rules a few times. 

Remember when you were only allowed out for a walk or a run for 30minutes a day or something stupid like that.

Fcuk Covid!

Fcuk the Tories!

Fcuk Putin 

Fcuk the lab that this virus was released from!

Fcuk the Ton!

14 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

I’’m sure we all must have broken some of the lockdown rules a few times. 

Remember when you were only allowed out for a walk or a run for 30minutes a day or something stupid like that.

Fcuk Covid!

Fcuk the Tories!

Fcuk Putin 

Fcuk the lab that this virus was released from!

Fcuk the Ton!

Law makers cannot be law breakers 

On 3/24/2022 at 10:46 PM, faraway saint said:

Shhh, keep it quiet, a disastrous decision to subsidise the incompetent Scottish ship building company, but it's ok, it's only  £240 MILLION. 

Two and a half times the original quote. 

PS I should add I'm still astounded the the PM, and every half wit that attended these parties during lockdown should lose their jobs.

That's only fair as ALL politicians should be held accountable for their actions. 

Back in March this was my opinion, still is, no excuses, nowhere to hide, binned, every last one of them. 

Edited by faraway saint

1 hour ago, HSS said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-61083402.amp

Boris is one of many to be given fines for breaking covid rules 👏👏👏

But they did not stand up in Parliament  and say they did not attend a party nor did they ever broke the rules.

At a time that democracy  is under the cosh in Ukraine  it surely  is time to show the rule of law ,common decency  and fair play that we do not allow politicians  to get away with lying and cheating.

1 hour ago, HSS said:

Law makers cannot be law breakers 

Agreed. Please note I was not trying to defend their selfish actions. They are reprehensible odious Tory cnuts.

Edited by SuperSaints1877

I think if he doesn’t go (which he doesn’t look like doing voluntarily) and his MPs don’t vote for him to leave, then it’s pretty much the end of democracy in this country as we know it. Remember he is the first prime minister ever to be charged and given a fine. It makes you wonder what else he has been up to but denied. 

I hope the Civil servants in the home office walk out and refuse to work with the bullying racist that is Priti Patel.

.Does this even make financial sense?

Britain has promised Rwanda an initial £120m as part of an “economic transformation and integration fund”, but the UK will be paying for operational costs too. A set amount of funding will be allocated for each migrant, expected to cost between £20,000 and £30,000 a person for the flight to Rwanda, and the first three months of accommodation there.