Old board

ged62

It's also down to their decision making that we are sat in a new stadium, with a dedicated training ground, and no bank debt.

Either way that has been done to death. I see very little point in looking back the way, it serves zero purpose to the here and now.

We are all in this together. None of us can put the ball in the net or stop the team conceding cheap goals, but we can make a small difference by going along and supporting the team and encouraging them.

Everyone has a choice to make of course. Hand on heart I couldn't ever criticise anyone for staying away right now. I pick and choose away games myself these days.

The last 3 years has been absolutely brutal and it's taken it's toll on everyone but here we are with a new board, and a new management team. Hopefully we'll hit the bottom of the curve soon and start going the other way.

KTF and COYS!

That was a no brainer for them or anyone with your first point, my point is there are too many fans/supporters in denial about the mess they left us in too.
Again I'll say i still go to the games & support the team, A few on this forum & this topic seem to be ignoring that I've said that. I'd also like to point out while I'm at the games I give my full support, I don't & never have booed the team like some.
Hopefully we turn the corner soon & get out this mess.

45 minutes ago, ged62 said:

Explain?? I still go to the games. Because I criticised the mess Gilmours decision making has left the club in means I don't support the team then? Aye ok then emoji6.png

If I don't earn, I can't support my kids.  If we don't buy a ST we can't support the club.

Edited by pod

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Oh, sorry, that's not on..............insinuating it's only by buying a ST you support the club? :huh:

Best you rethink that one. :byebye

Financially   Supporting the team, we're not doing to well either. 

Do you not get drink over there.

Edited by pod

Just now, pod said:

Financially   Supporting the team, we're not doing to well either. 

Aye? Are you drunk? :huh:

Let's be clear, you're stating the only people who FINACIALLY support the club are ST holders? :lol:

Oh well, nice to know the punters, can't be supporters, who turn up and pay or buy various shite merchandise aren't supporting the club.

FFS, away and have a word with yourself. :byebye

9 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Aye? Are you drunk? :huh:

Let's be clear, you're stating the only people who FINACIALLY support the club are ST holders? :lol:

Oh well, nice to know the punters, can't be supporters, who turn up and pay or buy various shite merchandise aren't supporting the club.

FFS, away and have a word with yourself. :byebye

Where did I state only. Get I grip.  

The old board are responsible for our current mess.

However they were also "responsible" for the Tom Hendrie promotion year, the Gus MacPherson promotion year plus the SPL years that followed, the Challenge cup final victory and the league cup victory.

If you support a club like ours, you take the rough with the smooth and appreciate the good times that their decisions and finances provided us with.

The old board are responsible for our current mess.

However they were also "responsible" for the Tom Hendrie promotion year, the Gus MacPherson promotion year plus the SPL years that followed, the Challenge cup final victory and the league cup victory.

If you support a club like ours, you take the rough with the smooth and appreciate the good times that their decisions and finances provided us with.

Thats true. One man in particular was very quick to gate crash the players celebrations on each of those occassions. When the going wasnt so smooth he wasnt so up front and centre.

On 01 November 2016 at 9:57 PM, billyg said:

100% correct. I said at the time when we won the LC in 2013 that the victory would work against us. The BOD at that time couldn't believe their luck , a cheaply put together team and a low-cost manager and we won a national trophy. They got away with murder and simply withdrew the finances required to survive after that , whilst the blind core of the support continued to wallow in the LC win. Fiddling while Rome burned  , so to speak !

totally agree,other clubs build on a cup win,we dismantled our team,constantly cutting cloth till cutting fingers,any player on decent wage getting hounded out or not getting game so they either didn't pass played so many games which triggered another contract,or always looking at cheaper option,you sow what you reep,and Gilmour and the other rats jumped from a sinking ship,perfect timing,and shambolic manager appointments that cost a fortune,yes they done great,wasn't for Tesco deal we would be finished,Tesco saved there arses

totally agree,other clubs build on a cup win,we dismantled our team,constantly cutting cloth till cutting fingers,any player on decent wage getting hounded out or not getting game so they either didn't pass played so many games which triggered another contract,or always looking at cheaper option,you sow what you reep,and Gilmour and the other rats jumped from a sinking ship,perfect timing,and shambolic manager appointments that cost a fortune,yes they done great,wasn't for Tesco deal we would be finished,Tesco saved there arses

Glad it's not just me with the same thoughts. [emoji6]

The Old Board is exactly that - The Old Board.

Credit to them. They "saved" the club. They had a cup win under their time in charge.

They are getting their money back - I have no real problem with that.

Did they hang about too long - probably yes.

But the past is gone even though its legacy lingers on.

I know that where we are at present hurts. I hurt.

But it is Time to move on.

Unless we do - we will unwittingly prolong the hurt and problems.

We have a New Board.

We have an agreeent in place leading to eventual fan ownership.

We have a New Manager in place Appointed by The New Board.

We have a very loyal core support.

We have a modern stadium.

Facilities are improving.

Time to put differences behind us and look to the future. 

Our Future Starts Today unless we prevent it by hanging on to old wounds.

COYS

The Old Board is exactly that - The Old Board.

Credit to them. They "saved" the club. They had a cup win under their time in charge.

They are getting their money back - I have no real problem with that.

Did they hang about too long - probably yes.

But the past is gone even though its legacy lingers on.

I know that where we are at present hurts. I hurt.

But it is Time to move on.

Unless we do - we will unwittingly prolong the hurt and problems.

We have a New Board.

We have an agreeent in place leading to eventual fan ownership.

We have a New Manager in place Appointed by The New Board.

We have a very loyal core support.

We have a modern stadium.

Facilities are improving.

Time to put differences behind us and look to the future. 

Our Future Starts Today unless we prevent it by hanging on to old wounds.

COYS

As you said it hurts with the mess we are in. Hopefully we can the corner soon.

This is why I doff my cap to anyone silly enough to want to sit on the board at the club.

You get zero credit for anything that goes well, that's always down to the players and the manager, and you get absolute dogs abuse and all the blame if it goes wrong.

Good luck to anyone mad enough to get involved in that carry on!!

This is why I doff my cap to anyone silly enough to want to sit on the board at the club.

You get zero credit for anything that goes well, that's always down to the players and the manager, and you get absolute dogs abuse and all the blame if it goes wrong.

Good luck to anyone mad enough to get involved in that carry on!!

Div they got loads of credit when they helped saved the club but also deserved criticism too.

I just hope the new regime get it right. We're not looking to be world beaters we all know that's never going to happen but I think we all deserve better.

Gilmour and Co have been virtually untouchable amongst a particular group of St Mirren fans. When Gilmour fudged the sacking of the legend that was Tom Hendrie fans backed him. When he replaced Hendrie with the car crash that was John Coughlin the fans backed him. When Gilmour claimed that Mark Crilly was a player of such standing fans would be amazed at a club like St Mirren being able to land him Gilmour was backed. Even when Gilmour told St Mirren fans that St Mirren needed "Rangers" to be in either the top tier or second tier to prevent St Mirren going into administration Gilmour got a free ticket. Even when Gilmour showed a real lack of class and attacked the likes of Turnbull Hutton and other Chairmen from the lower leagues he got a free ticket. Some fans even tried to protect Gilmour and started to re-write history to make out that it was Gilmour and St Mirren who took a strong stance against "Rangers" as they went bust. 

Slashing players bonuses mid season, destroying the clubs excellent scouting and youth production line, public falls outs with managers, woeful managerial appointments, relegation, early cup embarrassments by the likes of Edinburgh Spartans, even f**king up the team lines and breaking the SFA rules in that season, not to mention the ridiculous "breaking into" the Spartans ground to measure the pitch brought minimal criticism on Stewart Gilmour and the former board of directors. Never before has a group of supporters so resolutely backed their Chairman and his board. And in the end the same group of supporters handed these charlatans over £1m as a thank you, a valuation of shares in a worthless business that hadn't turned an operating profit in more than two of their 18 years tenure at the club. 

I always suspected Div was a puppet from the old board. This latest comment just proves it. :rolleyes: 

Edited by Stuart Dickson