Where is our season heading now?

4 hours ago, El Gingero said:

I remember putting the ball through you and Munoz's legs in the Willybugs playground in the late 70's.

Ha ha , I don't recollect that ever happened . Saying that , my memory isn't what it once was .

6 minutes ago, El Gingero said:

What do you mean? Just cos you were in P6 doesn't mean you weren't 14. You were too OLD for the team !!!!!!

I forgot to add in the 6 years I was kept back , so your probably right .

On Saturday, December 10, 2016 at 8:21 PM, zurich_allan said:

Okay, so two wins on the bounce, still 4 points away from the team ahead of us, but with a quite possible result next week against Ayr we could be right back in the mix.

Having been hopeless and out of it, we're now bizarrely only 13 points from 4th and a playoff place - stranger things have happened?

Relegation? Promotion? Mid-table comfort? Where do we go from here?

If ...and it is a big if...we beat Ayr then take a point from Tannadice and take the points against Norton then top 5 is possible. 

11 hours ago, Soctty said:

It's still possible to win the league...

It's very possible to stay up...

And it's just possible to make 5th, and if it's possible to make 5th, then 4th is on the same points at the moment...

But let's win tomorrow first, then see how things look from there.

Indeed. Me, I still reckon we'll be off the bottom before next year but also think 6th or 7th more likely. 

Next 3 games - What would you realistically expect/ be happy with ?

My guesses for the games would be as follows 5 points from 9 , possibly a bit ambitious not losing but I'd take defeat to United if it meant winning the next 2 games.

United ( A ) draw
Morton ( H ) Win
QOS ( H ) draw

6 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

My guesses for the games would be as follows 5 points from 9 , possibly a bit ambitious not losing but I'd take defeat to United if it meant winning the next 2 games.

United ( A ) draw
Morton ( H ) Win
QOS ( H ) draw

I think any of the three games are winnable but two much harder than the other. I think we will have to beat QoS, at least avoid defeat to Morton and then anything at all from Tannadice would be a bonus. Although I am the eternal optimist, 4 pts is my prediction.

13 hours ago, whydowebother said:

United ( A ) draw
Morton ( H ) Win
QOS ( H ) draw

We can beat Utd. Big ask, but we gave them a good run for money at St Mirren Park, creating loads of chances, but also giving them a goal with a shocking mixup at the back. We can win the other two as well. Probably won't win all three, but capable of picking up a good number of points.

1 hour ago, zurich_allan said:

4 points from the next 3 games would be just fine. 6 would be brilliant...

Yup! At present the three teams above us have 17 points from 17 games - that's a point a game! :nerd 

We're chasing a moving target and in 3 games times let's assume they'll all be on 20 points - in that case we'll need 3 points just to keep pace. Over the second half of the season unless one or both of the p/t teams blow up we'll probably need to finish around the 36 point mark (a point a game again) to finish 8th, maybe a bit less 'cos if we do better they'll do worse but let's say 34/35 to be safe. That 23/24 points in 19 games which is top half of the table form, not far off of a promotion play-off spot, a big improvement on what we've seen so far and we'll have to be performing at close to our potential for the bulk of the second half of the season to achieve it. We may scrape by on less but there's no guarantee of it.

Still, never say never and COYS!