Christmas

salmonbuddie

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Never seen this before today, here's Nobel Laureate Bob Dylan's Chrissmaaaaaaas Choon

Yo, Ho, Ho!

You never saw it before today ? Surely you are having a giraffe, Colin ?

Or , do you never read your own thread , ie I'm listening to. .

. .anyway , Merry Christmas. .

1 hour ago, saintnextlifetime said:

You never saw it before today ? Surely you are having a giraffe, Colin ?

Or , do you never read your own thread , ie I'm listening to. .

. .anyway , Merry Christmas. .

Must've missed it at the time. I'd never heard it until this morning when I was listening to a Christmas choons program on one of the music channels.

As for the Music Thread I guess I've missed it there too. Must start wearing my glasses

Mea Culpa.......................

1 hour ago, shull said:

I dinnae fancy much of the Christmas telly today. 

Just Doctor Who and Mrs Brown's Boys I have to record. 

They both should be decent. 

We were at the filming of the Mrs Browns show thats on tonight. It was done back in October IIRC. I'm looking forward to watching it just to see how they put it together and seeing which takes they used and which ones they dumped. The big scene just before the end took four takes and it was took around 15 minutes for each one setting up the stunt. 

2 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

We were at the filming of the Mrs Browns show thats on tonight. It was done back in October IIRC. I'm looking forward to watching it just to see how they put it together and seeing which takes they used and which ones they dumped. The big scene just before the end took four takes and it was took around 15 minutes for each one setting up the stunt. 

They used to film it at the Govan Town Hall.

Is it still there or have they moved filming to Pacific Quay ?

2 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

Me and the wife were at the rehearsals for the show they were going to show live and it was a great wee day. 

59 minutes ago, shull said:

They used to film it at the Govan Town Hall.

Is it still there or have they moved filming to Pacific Quay ?

Pacific Quay Shull. I knew about the rehearsals at the town hall. I wasn't aware they'd ever filmed in there though.

The tickets were free. I can't remember how we found out they were available, but we had to apply on the BBC website. There were four shows being filmed and I got a notification that we'd been drawn for the first one. That still didn't mean we were in though. They draw more tickets out than there are seats so you're warned that if you aren't one of the first - I think it was 700 - you might not get in the studio, but that you would instead watch from a viewing room. We arrived about 40 minutes before the doors opened and initially we were told we'd missed out and would be watching from the viewing room. Apparently people had been queuing from 4am that morning and this was now 12 noon. It was only after getting into the building we were finally told we were getting some of the last seats in the studio because some of the production staff weren't going to be using them. We went along with an attitude that if it was for us we'd get in and we'd booked a lunch at The Village incase we missed out. Just lucky I guess, it all worked out for us. 

Edited by Stuart Dickson

12 hours ago, Stuart Dickson said:

I know this is a very popular show liked by many. Have watched a few of them on TV and wondered what all the fuss is about. Jack & Victor any day of the week.