Stubbs can go now

24 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

If this board sack Stubbs after six games then they need to resign en masse for the colossal f**k up and waste of money they made all the decisions on. The club will be a laughing stock that no manager worth his salt will want to touch with a ten foot barge pole!

En masse, there is only about 3 on the board!

We needed an even stronger center back pairing than last year and we haven’t got that it’s got worse jack is our best defender so far this year and he wasn’t even the 2nd best last year.

Agreed with pretty much the whole post but this is the most damning indictment of Stubbs IMO.

He was a centre back FFS. Surely he can spot the difference between a decent one and Kpekwa?

13 minutes ago, ged62 said:

You don’t see the fans attacking the club, Stubbs is part of the club what have I been reading on the thread?

You’ve been quiet of late on here but you are back to have a dig like others on Stubbs. He’s going nowhere soon.

Agree. Stubbs isn't going anywhere, and nor should he after 3 league games!

These are the times when the forum is at it's very best. We've got constructive (well some) arguments about what's happening on the park.

It's marvellous. This is why I kept this place going.

When everything is great on the pitch the forum is incredibly dull.

Great, a snap shot and you use it to back up your obvious view. :thumbsdown
As I said, plenty successful managers don't feel the need to be out of the dug out.
They do the work during the week, make changes as required,  you are a bit simple to think they can influence the play by shouting from the sidelines. :lol:
PS See below. 

Faraway, I’m not expecting Stubbs to deliver a cheerleading session from the dugout but when things are obviously not going to plan I’d hope that he’d be able to influence the shape and tactics of the team, based on what he’d seen, to be more effective.

Surely that’s a reasonable expectation?

Just now, DLBud said:

Faraway, I’m not expecting Stubbs to deliver a cheerleading session from the dugout but when things are obviously not going to plan I’d hope that he’d be able to influence the shape and tactics of the team, based on what he’d seen, to be more effective.

Surely that’s a reasonable expectation?

How does he do that...................you don't think by shouting at players from the touchline do you?

I'm well aware managers have a role to play during the game, but trying to say, and showing a stupid snapshot as Div did, that a manager can have any great influence by being out of the dug out shows people are making something out of nothing. 

9 minutes ago, DLBud said:

Agreed with pretty much the whole post but this is the most damning indictment of Stubbs IMO.

He was a centre back FFS. Surely he can spot the difference between a decent one and Kpekwa?

The transfer window isn't shut yet. 

45 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

If this board sack Stubbs after six games then they need to resign en masse for the colossal f**k up and waste of money they made all the decisions on. The club will be a laughing stock that no manager worth his salt will want to touch with a ten foot barge pole!

They dont have a crystal ball. It was a reasonable enough appointment at the time. There wasnt an outcry when he got the job. It's been a bad appointment - thats it, it happens. 

I really cant see a way back for him now tbh. The next few games will decide if he can at least keep his head above water for a while without the whole thing going into complete meltdown. If it continues to get worse he will need to go asap.

Is signings have been shocking and it looks as if he has lost the dressing room. 

6 hours ago, div said:

Which tweet was inapproriate, and why?

You already know but just to play the game, the one on Friday night about team selection, because it wasn't your information to share, just showing off. 

It comes down to the contradictory positions you take on here at different times the "I'm just a regular fan" & then showing off your "insider" knowledge.

Just waiting for the "I don't know why I bother" post or have I missed it?

Edited by Bud the Baker

2 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

You already know but just to play the game, the one on Friday night about team selection, because it wasn't your information to share, just showing off. 

It comes down to your contradictory positions you take on here at different times the "I'm just a regular fan" & then showing off your "insider" knowledge.

Just waiting for the "I don't know why I bother" post or have I missed it?

Bud has a point on that particular post Div. In my opinion. 

Guest TPAFKATS
So how were we lucky, although all you've done for weeks is dig away at the manager so, on 2nd thoughts, don't bother.:byebye
Great how a game we  win we're lucky. [emoji38]
I was happy to see Stubbs get the job out of the options that we eventually had.

As for Dundee game, we started well and were level at half time which was a fair score. Second half they were the better team. Our keeper made three great saves and their keeper sold the winning goal.
You'd know this if you actually went to games and watched performances.

2 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

I was happy to see Stubbs get the job out of the options that we eventually had.

As for Dundee game, we started well and were level at half time which was a fair score. Second half they were the better team. Our keeper made three great saves and their keeper sold the winning goal.
You'd know this if you actually went to games and watched performances.

Close but wrong, they had a 20 minute spell after half time, not the whole second half.

Keep firing in with the "you don't go to games patter" it's always a sign of no fecking idea. :lol:

I don't think that a decline is inevitable.  I do think that we need to be more realistic in our expectations. 
42 to 44 points from 38 matches will see a team to safety in this league.. An average of just over 1 point per game. 
Livvy have a great record against us head to head. 
They play simple,  quick football,  look to create corners and set pieces and attack the resulting crosses in the air. 
We didn't defend,  we didn't pick up second balls,  we didn't pick up runners. 
Alan Stubbs wasn't playing.  
They have a good record in Paisley while we have a good record in Livingston.
Both fairly similar records with us just edging it.

1 hour ago, div said:

"Attacking the club" is a bit melodramatic.

It was the Paisley Express who broke the story about Eck, McShane, MacKenzie et al being told they could go.

On Cammy Smith the manager himself told BT Sport that Cammy could go if the deal suited the club.

I'm not sure if you're talking about something else but I don't see fans "attacking the club".

Everyone is pissed off right now, that's what happens when the team is playing shite!

A couple of posters on this page are saying that Smith has been told to go because we want him to be replaced by Miller.

That's not come from the club, the PDE or any other remotely credible source. It is fans of this club with an agenda against Stubbs deliberately using the forum to sow discord amongst other fans who are lapping it up like ice cream because it suits their agenda to hear this shite. That is an attack on staff of the club.

ETA. f**king ipad keyboard!!!!!!!

Edited by oaksoft

3 minutes ago, Hambud said:

They have a good record in Paisley while we have a good record in Livingston.
Both fairly similar records with us just edging it.

Fair. They did well in their last 3 games against us now. If I am correct then they have now won two and drawn 1. AS has only been in charge in the last of these. Generally they have out muscled us. IMO

Edited by St.Ricky

50 minutes ago, div said:

Agree. Stubbs isn't going anywhere, and nor should he after 3 league games!

These are the times when the forum is at it's very best. We've got constructive (well some) arguments about what's happening on the park.

It's marvellous. This is why I kept this place going.

When everything is great on the pitch the forum is incredibly dull.

Just as well you put the words "well some" in there. :lol:

At one point I genuinely feared we were all one wrong word away from some serious kung fu shit (Paisley style) breaking out. :lol:

Edited by oaksoft

Guest TPAFKATS
Thats funny because most of the great managers don't embarrass themselves like a Klopp etc by jumping up and down trying to make out they are having an effect on the game, because they arent, other than pissing off the ref and 4th official, or indeed getting themselves sent to the stand whe they have no part in the game.
where on gods earth is that a positive? Its mainly ego pish. The team should know there jobs, formation etc by Thursday practice it Thu, Fri and excute on Saturday. The manager, and team are there to spot where a sub or tactical change will help achieve the objective. Its easier to do that from the dug out than being sent to the stand.
I don't think Rae or Farrell sat during a game. Did that help them in anyway?
the witchhunt goes on, complete with one off pictures of the manager reacting to another conceded set piece. Maybe if he was waving his arms about the ball would magically have missed the goal.
You use klopp as an example. In addition to klopp I would add Pep, Jose, Conti as another 3 great managers who are animated on the touchline and constantly instructing their team.

Hmmm

45 minutes ago, DLBud said:

Well, Cathro tried wee notes and that didn’t work out well. Maybe some form of morse or semaphore?

I am not sure how effective Stubbs would be if he was wielding a set of flags or issuing various smoke signals. I would pay to see that TBH. I remember Lennon handing Potter what looked like an extended novel during a match. :D

Seeriously though, there is very little any manager can do once the game is in play.

Guest TPAFKATS
Close but wrong, they had a 20 minute spell after half time, not the whole second half.
Keep firing in with the "you don't go to games patter" it's always a sign of no fecking idea. [emoji38]
I didn't say the whole second half.

BTW, going to games is generally the best way to comment on performances. Not watching games but commenting, generally shows you to have "no fecking idea".

12 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

You use klopp as an example. In addition to klopp I would add Pep, Jose, Conti as another 3 great managers who are animated on the touchline and constantly instructing their team.

Hmmm

You're being very selective, plenty successful managers don't feel the need to leave the dug out.

Even if they do, what real difference does it really make, I would suggest little and certainly doesn't reflect a managers ability to manage and is farcical to use it as a negative. 

I don't need to attend games to realise this. :byebye

Edited by faraway saint

1 hour ago, cambiebud said:

Callum, you usually talk more sense than this. Alan Stubbs stated when he took the job that he wanted 2 players for every position. Circumstances have determined that he has had to fling these young boys into the team, without any experience. I suspect most were intended to be gradually introduced throughout the season. He has so far been unable to bring the quality 1st choices he hoped. I am prepared to wait until the window shuts. I also suspect that the team at Tynecastle will bare no relation to Saturdays. I have stated before that blaming these youngsters after Saturday is out of order. Let’s wait and see after Friday

I go with this too.