What Would Jesus Do ?

shull

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-45789759

Going with my limited knowledge of the New Testament, I am guessing Jesus Christ is a top class dude. 

And for that reason , he would most certainly bake a Cake for the the gentlemen above, no matter the message to be put on it. 

I wish his bigoted Christian followers would be more like him. 

They should stop and say to themselves... 

" WHAT WOULD JESUS DO " ? 

10 minutes ago, shull said:

Going with my limited knowledge of the New Testament, I am guessing Jesus Christ is a top class dude. 

And for that reason , he would most certainly bake a Cake for the the gentlemen above, no matter the message to be put on it. 

Bless Oran and the Saint Mirren.  The cake should have been made sections of Christianity need to wake up. It's ok for priest's to abuse wee boys around the world just don't put it on a cake. 

6 minutes ago, shull said:

Why do you feel the need to post so much crap. Do you get a wee jolly when you see you are the most liked every day. Is that your wee thing.  You must post at least 100 times a day, thats an addiction ......  Maybe you could join PPA ( Post Pish Anonymous)

Yesterday you happily said you don’t believe in Religion or God.................. and before you ask, find it yourself!! I used to get annoyed at you for being silly and bad, but actually you do need empathy ,understanding and help

Get a hobby- Rather than this pish !!!! Do you not have any friends?. Are you that depressing  taxi receptionist in Chewin the Fat ?

Have a wee lie down, and stop driving for a living.................... you don’t always need to type every thought that enters your head, its not necessary - Honest

Image result for chewin the fat TAXI DEPRESSION

21 minutes ago, shull said:

End of the day, if you or me in our jobs refused to serve a customer because they were, let's say of African ethnicity, we would likely be fired and charged with a hate crime. Why is it as soon as you put the word religion in there, you can get away with this pish?

I wouldn't like to judge either party but personally tend towards tolerance of others many and varied approaches to life but the case is not as straightforward as it seems.  This was no accidental incident.  The individual ordering the cake was/is an activist for Gay Rights.  No reason why he shouldn't be but is it a coincidence that he just happened to order the cake at this particular bakers?  I don't think so.  My point is,  I think,  that many might think the bakery to be intolerant but what of the person ordering the cake?  Was this a deliberate act of provocation to seek a negative response for "political" purposes and PR?  Neither party covers themselves in glory or shows much human understanding for the other. As for Jesus... I'll leave that to others to comment.

49 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

End of the day, if you or me in our jobs refused to serve a customer because they were, let's say of African ethnicity, we would likely be fired and charged with a hate crime. Why is it as soon as you put the word religion in there, you can get away with this pish?

The whole point of this judgement is that it has nothing to do with the customer, it's the product. They can't refuse to serve anyone because of who they are but can decide what products they make.

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

Why do you feel the need to post so much crap. Do you get a wee jolly when you see you are the most liked every day. Is that your wee thing.  You must post at least 100 times a day, thats an addiction ......  Maybe you could join PPA ( Post Pish Anonymous)

Yesterday you happily said you don’t believe in Religion or God.................. and before you ask, find it yourself!! I used to get annoyed at you for being silly and bad, but actually you do need empathy ,understanding and help

Get a hobby- Rather than this pish !!!! Do you not have any friends?. Are you that depressing  taxi receptionist in Chewin the Fat ?

Have a wee lie down, and stop driving for a living.................... you don’t always need to type every thought that enters your head, its not necessary - Honest

Image result for chewin the fat TAXI DEPRESSION

You should maybe try get help with your unhealthy obsession of me. 

You're a despicable abusive cnut who has made serious accusations at me with no evidence. 

So feck off wanker. 

Stalking arsehole. 

39 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I wouldn't like to judge either party but personally tend towards tolerance of others many and varied approaches to life but the case is not as straightforward as it seems.  This was no accidental incident.  The individual ordering the cake was/is an activist for Gay Rights.  No reason why he shouldn't be but is it a coincidence that he just happened to order the cake at this particular bakers?  I don't think so.  My point is,  I think,  that many might think the bakery to be intolerant but what of the person ordering the cake?  Was this a deliberate act of provocation to seek a negative response for "political" purposes and PR?  Neither party covers themselves in glory or shows much human understanding for the other. As for Jesus... I'll leave that to others to comment.

I think you are possibly right. It was a deliberately provocative message and nothing to do with equality at all.

Having said that if I was a baker and someone came in with a Christian message which I didn't agree with (basically take your pick) I would have still served them. Whilst I am happy to argue with people at the end f the day it's really no skin off my nose what people choose to believe. It was only a message on a cake FFS.

35 minutes ago, Thorizaar said:

The whole point of this judgement is that it has nothing to do with the customer, it's the product. They can't refuse to serve anyone because of who they are but can decide what products they make.

Yep and I think it is hard to disgaree that the bakers have the right to decide what to bake and what not to bake.

No customer of mine would be allowed to dictate what I did or did not provide as a product or service.

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

I know what you are saying St. Ricky.

The legendary Rosa Parks was preceded in her front of the bus seat protest by a Claudette Colvin.

Rosa Parks, rightly or wrongly, was thought a more suitable candidate for the NAAC, the National Association for the Advancement of Coloured People, to take to court.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-43171799

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claudette_Colvin

Peter Tatchell agrees with the court's decision.

When you are fighting for things you believe in you have to choose your battles carefully.

As some have said , I can’t help but feel the buyer chose this baker to provoke this sort of reaction. Wonder what would happen if the roles were reversed ? Would a gay baker be happy to put “ The bible says homosexuality is a sin “ on a cake ? I’m not sure they would and they would be perfectly within their rights to refuse such a request .

4 hours ago, shull said:

You should maybe try get help with your unhealthy obsession of me. 

You're a despicable abusive cnut who has made serious accusations at me with no evidence. 

So feck off wanker. 

Stalking arsehole. 

Its just a sympton of your obsession to be abusive. I get it its a Kind of a paranoia if someone doesnt tick like after you post. Oh dear.... so sad..... we really should have a thread on this. Get others input on possible remedies for you.... lets see if you can control your post content. Be realistic. Say go to 50 posts a day maybe just 2 threads. Baby steps mate... 

46 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Its just a sympton of your obsession to be abusive. I get it its a Kind of a paranoia if someone doesnt tick like after you post. Oh dear.... so sad..... we really should have a thread on this. Get others input on possible remedies for you.... lets see if you can control your post content. Be realistic. Say go to 50 posts a day maybe just 2 threads. Baby steps mate... 

You'll be wanting a signed photo next. :lol:

Can I just say to Ricky, oaky, and Callum that provocation was never on the agenda, the bakery won. Their appeal because they were his local bakery that had made several cakes for him before and would make cakes for him again, if asked therefor they could not be refusing to provide a service because of the customer's sexuality. They would have refused to make a cake with this message on it to a straight person. Please don't spin.

7 hours ago, Mykey said:

Can I just say to Ricky, oaky, and Callum that provocation was never on the agenda, the bakery won. Their appeal because they were his local bakery that had made several cakes for him before and would make cakes for him again, if asked therefor they could not be refusing to provide a service because of the customer's sexuality. They would have refused to make a cake with this message on it to a straight person. Please don't spin.

I'm sorry but this was nothing to do with equality. How can people be this naive?

I'm sorry but this was nothing to do with equality. How can people be this naive?
From what I can gather the customer's fees were paid by a lgbt pressure group and the baker's by a Christian pressure group so I guess they were just pushing to see where the boundary was in the hope of moving it a bit in the direction they wanted.