Lewis Morgan..Is he injured or just out of favour?

23 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Goody on STV suggesting he wants to bring Morgan back on loan in January. Anyone think Morgan would choose us?

The club that rescued him from football wilderness, got him a big money move and earned him his first Scotland cap? I don't see why not but it would depend on who else is interested. 

4 minutes ago, paisleysaint1973 said:

Ross took him to Sunderland and if they are going to put him out on loan there is probably a more than fair chance he will be in for him for Hibs 

Sellic FC dont like Hibs,they wont be keen to help them out.

27 minutes ago, Long John Baldy said:

Yeah, he's already paid us back, less than no chance he'd come to us, playing for a club in a relegation battle won't do his profile any good at all. 

Ooops me negative, me bad. ha ha

If there was no chance, It wouldn’t even have a basis. 

I’m also not necessarily meaning ‘paying us back’ it could be a good move for him to get his career & profile back on track. He knows the club, knows the fans, knows a lot of the staff & some of the players. Sometimes the money isn’t always the right move. 

6 minutes ago, Long John Baldy said:

A speculative comment, nothing wrong with that, I'm more in the "Celtic's view is more relative" camp, :byebye

Ffs we’re talking on speculation he might come back. No one is saying he 100% will be back. You had to get involved and negatively rule it out completely. St Moan to the end 

Lewis has been a Celtic player for almost 18 months. The only time he started every game during that time was when he was loaned back to St Mirren FC in the Championship. He's heading for being a third of the way through his Celtic contract now. He started a decent number of games for Sunderland but had mixed reviews there. If Celtic have most of Forrest, Hayes, Sinclair, Johnston, Shved all fit then Lewis doesn't even make the bench. He's started a grand total of 6 Celtic games. 

Since Lennon and Hibs didn't part company on the best of terms we might have a better chance of landing Lewis, but if clubs like Aberdeen or Killie were also in for him I would guess they would be seen as a more attractive option than us.

Last year when Brendan Rogers was still around you could see the logic of staying and fighting for his place and then going to a big club like Sunderland. A year further on we might not look like such a backward step when most weeks he isn't in the Celtic starting XI or on the bench. If he goes on loan, Celtic might want to see what he can do at Scottish premiership level week in week out up until the summer when he'll be halfway through his contract.

Lewis has been a Celtic player for almost 18 months. The only time he started every game during that time was when he was loaned back to St Mirren FC in the Championship. He's heading for being a third of the way through his Celtic contract now. He started a decent number of games for Sunderland but had mixed reviews there. If Celtic have most of Forrest, Hayes, Sinclair, Johnston, Shved all fit then Lewis doesn't even make the bench. He's started a grand total of 6 Celtic games. 
Since Lennon and Hibs didn't part company on the best of terms we might have a better chance of landing Lewis, but if clubs like Aberdeen or Killie were also in for him I would guess they would be seen as a more attractive option than us.
Last year when Brendan Rogers was still around you could see the logic of staying and fighting for his place and then going to a big club like Sunderland. A year further on we might not look like such a backward step when most weeks he isn't in the Celtic starting XI or on the bench. If he goes on loan, Celtic might want to see what he can do at Scottish premiership level week in week out up until the summer when he'll be halfway through his contract.
So, but what on earth have we got now to offer Lewis by ways of career development?
Mibbaes when he gets perennially injured we'll swoop to sign him?

5 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

So, but what on earth have we got now to offer Lewis by ways of career development?
Mibbaes when he gets perennially injured we'll swoop to sign him?

Playing every week at a club he knows very well would do him no harm whatsoever.  Surely better than the occasional cameo appearance from the bench at Celtic. 

6 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:
15 minutes ago, munoz said:
Playing every week at a club he knows very well would do him no harm whatsoever.  Surely better than the occasional cameo appearance from the bench at Celtic. 

I would have him in a heartbeat. But he is destined for bigger things, and going backwards wont help his career. It's a nice thought though.

I know it's a very slim chance to none, but in terms of rebuilding his confidence why not return to the place where he's played his best football. Would only be for less than 5 months. 

I know it's a very slim chance to none, but in terms of rebuilding his confidence why not return to the place where he's played his best football. Would only be for less than 5 months. 
He would be better getting a permanent or loan move to the English Championship. At least then he might get a break to join the likes of McGinn or McLean in the epl?

11 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:
25 minutes ago, munoz said:

He would be better getting a permanent or loan move to the English Championship. At least then he might get a break to join the likes of McGinn or McLean in the epl?

I agree, but is that opportunity actually there for him? I'm not sure there will be many teams in the Championship that interested in him right now.

As for Hibs, it makes sense with Ross being there, but again, is someone like Morgan what they need? They are actually fairly decent going forward, but really soft in midfeild and defence. I expect Ross will be looking to resolve that in January first.

5 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:
6 hours ago, munoz said:

Both McGinn and McLean earned their big moves after shining in the Scottish league. Don't see why that would be any different for Morgan.

Morgan wont sign on loan in January for us bigger clubs than ourselves up here will be in for him. As much as i would love to see him back at us for half a season just not going to happen, what baffles me is why put it out in the media we are interested if other clubs didnt know all it does it highlight there is a possibility. Personally i think the championship down south is a step too high at the moment 

52 minutes ago, paisleysaint1973 said:

Morgan wont sign on loan in January for us bigger clubs than ourselves up here will be in for him. As much as i would love to see him back at us for half a season just not going to happen, what baffles me is why put it out in the media we are interested if other clubs didnt know all it does it highlight there is a possibility. Personally i think the championship down south is a step too high at the moment 

Based on the fact he didn’t exactly set the heather on fire in League One playing for one of the top teams I’d agree.

The harsh truth is that the only level he has shone at SO FAR is the Scottish Chanpionship.