The capacity debacle

28 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Yes.
All the moreso when others don't.

Funerals in the last year... Double figures.
Eulogies given .. 2.
Healthy double vaccinated friends hospitalised... 2
Time unable to work... 15 months.
Chances being taken... 0.

So your recent issues about tickets etc are irrelevant as it's not safe?

It's as safe as it's ever going to be. 

So your recent issues about tickets etc are irrelevant as it's not safe?
It's as safe as it's ever going to be. 
I said in my original email of 2 months ago I wasn't interested in being included in draws... PPV coverage was fine for now and allowed me to support the club.

Re your last sentence... Matter of opinion! I'd rather wait till after schools go back and restrictions are lifted before easing up.

Personally, I don't care if I get it. I don't even care if I die from it... but I work with elderly people living with dementia... The highest risk category.

I'm simply not prepared to take chances with their well-being.

20 hours ago, div said:

That isn't actually true.

The reason the two league cup games were not taken into account for subsequent ballots was that the club was concerned folk would not apply for a ticket for the League Cup matches if they knew it was going to rule them out of getting a ticket for the first home league game.

The plan was always that league game ballots would be done fairly - ie; If you got Hearts you wouldn't be eligible for St.Johnstone

That is all hopefully moot now that the capacity is increasing from Monday but that is and always has been the thinking behind it.

So instead after all this time we have folk going to all three and some going to none. It makes no difference to me I just want to see our team play ? So why didn’t they ballot the first and second game fairer ? You get Dunfermline you don’t get Thistle? Also the communication and whole organisation from the club has been terrible. Five weeks no response to an email, arrive at reception promised a call no call. Thank goodness for the SLO because I’d still be waiting. Hopeless div and For all this # in you we trust nonsense maybe instead of hitting out with this and actually helping the fans would be a good idea. An example is a lot of the older men who sit next to me had no idea about the ballot or how to register to buy a ticket I mean they still count even if they don’t Have an email? 

for what it’s worth the man who called was brilliant a credit to the club but the weeks I waited along with others is not markings of a premier league club. Let’s hope that it improves for the future. 

Edited by norrie82

24 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

I said in my original email of 2 months ago I wasn't interested in being included in draws... PPV coverage was fine for now and allowed me to support the club.

Re your last sentence... Matter of opinion! I'd rather wait till after schools go back and restrictions are lifted before easing up.

Personally, I don't care if I get it. I don't even care if I die from it... but I work with elderly people living with dementia... The highest risk category.

I'm simply not prepared to take chances with their well-being.

So Covid will take a rest?

As for the rest, we all can't live in a cave for a few people so best let people attend when it's deemed "safe". 

So Covid will take a rest?
As for the rest, we all can't live in a cave for a few people so best let people attend when it's deemed "safe". 
No it won't take a rest, and hopefully the vaccination programme will allow a return to "normality" of a sort.

Spikes have happened before in a number of countries who thought it was under control.

I am not living in a cave.

I had my first draught pint in 15 months two weeks ago.

Attended my first live gig of the year ... Was at 160 in 2019.

I'm willing to take steps where I see safety measures are in place.

A care home manager in England killed himself as the guilt of his residents dying was too hard to live with.

I want complete peace of mind that whatever happens, I have done all I can to protect those in my care if I have that, I can cope with whatever happens.

14 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

No it won't take a rest, and hopefully the vaccination programme will allow a return to "normality" of a sort.

Spikes have happened before in a number of countries who thought it was under control.

I am not living in a cave.

I had my first draught pint in 15 months two weeks ago.

Attended my first live gig of the year ... Was at 160 in 2019.

I'm willing to take steps where I see safety measures are in place.

A care home manager in England killed himself as the guilt of his residents dying was too hard to live with.

I want complete peace of mind that whatever happens, I have done all I can to protect those in my care if I have that, I can cope with whatever happens.

Then you should stay in that cave or get a new job as things are as good as they are going to get. 

Please keep the sob stories to yourself, we've had enough emotional blackmail to last us a lifetime. 

11 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:
13 minutes ago, faraway saint said:
Then you should stay in that cave or get a new job as things are as good as they are going to get. 
Please keep the sob stories to yourself, we've had enough emotional blackmail to last us a lifetime. 

Low blow. Uncalled for.

Surprised?

10 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:
11 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Low blow. Uncalled for.

Looks like he hastily deleted this, only too late to prevent you quoting it

He's  quite right about not being able to live in a cave, the rock he lives under seems to do him quite nicely for now.  He is angry wee man who seems to feel the need to act the hard man.  Really not worth the bother.

1 hour ago, BuddieinEK said:
1 hour ago, alanb said:
You seem concerned about something 
Care to share ? 
All board members are legitimately  appointed. 

WHY did the Kibble need 2 seats on the board and insist on the right to veto any SMISA proposal?

Don't know but can guess they deemed those conditions valid for their investment. SMISA and SMFC (GLS) agreed.

Hope it works better from now on

10 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

Looks like he hastily deleted this, only too late to prevent you quoting it

He's  quite right about not being able to live in a cave, the rock he lives under seems to do him quite nicely for now.  He is angry wee man who seems to feel the need to act the hard man.  Really not worth the bother.

Making stuff up again, you really are making a lot of fcuk ups this weather, you ok HU n? 

8 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

how could anyone who has witnessed his behaviour on this forum be surprised?  The only surprise is that he managed to keep the bile and hatred in for a few minutes.

Here he comes, the forum hardman who thinks everything comes down to fighting.

Best you keep your comments to yourself, you're not a well wee man. 

Edited by faraway saint

27 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:
28 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Low blow. Uncalled for.

As is the level of unnecessary personal issues you've decided to bring to a public forum.

Many people could well be anxious without you fuelling their worries.

3 hours ago, alanb said:

Don't know but can guess they deemed those conditions valid for their investment. SMISA and SMFC (GLS) agreed.

Hope it works better from now on

From my perspective it looks like Kibble managed to get far more power than their 27% investment merits.

I can see a case for 2 board members being argued but then you add a veto to that, giving Kibble equal weighting to the 51% majority shareholder? Really??! 

I asked earlier in the thread if anyone knew the breakdown of the board. A couple of people mentioned numbers/people but not the full picture. Here it is according to the official site if anyone is interested, assuming it is accurate: 

Chairman: John Needham

Vice Chairman: Jim Gillespie (Kibble)

Directors: Tony Fitzpatrick, Gordon Scott, Alan Wardrop, David Riley, Mark MacMillan (Kibble)

Edit :

Just discovered a SMISA article detailing there are 8 board members. Club Secretary, Chris Stewart, is the 8th Director.

4x SMISA nominated: Needham, Scott, Wardrop, Riley

2x Kibble nominated: Gillespie, MacMillan

2x other: Fitzpatrick, Stewart

Edited by Maboza

7 minutes ago, Maboza said:

From my perspective it looks like Kibble managed to get far more power than their 27% investment merits.

I can see a case for 2 board members being argued but then you add a veto to that, giving Kibble equal weighting to the 51% majority shareholder? Really??! 

I asked earlier in the thread if anyone knew the breakdown of the board. A couple of people mentioned numbers/people but not the full picture. Here it is according to the official site if anyone is interested, assuming it is accurate: 

Directors: Tony Fitzpatrick, Gordon Scott, Alan Wardrop, David Riley, Mark MacMillan (Kibble)

I quoted and replied with board members to your earlier post 

There are more board members,11 in total I think.

what’s done is done deal suited all interests of GLS and SMISA and vote passed 

May never ever see a veto invoked 

more to be concerned about 

10 hours ago, jaybee said:

That's down to the voters my friend, if they don't like who is in power, then campaign for someone who you would like to be in power............ I think it's called Democracy

You can only vote for councillors, I was referring to heads of department and such. They are employed not voted into office. What we need is an employment policy that is weighted towards employing local people into these posts, it’s the only way the service from the council will improve. 

10 hours ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

The elected leaders don’t make these sorts of decisions. It’s the paid employees of RDC that do. I think the poster is making the point that the people at the head of RDC, that command a huge council tax payers salary, don’t necessarily stay in Renfrewshire. Therefore they don’t give two hoots.

Spot on 👍🏻

1 hour ago, Maboza said:

Edit :

Just discovered a SMISA article detailing there are 8 board members. Club Secretary, Chris Stewart, is the 8th Director.

4x SMISA nominated: Needham, Scott, Wardrop, Riley

2x Kibble nominated: Gillespie, MacMillan

2x other: Fitzpatrick, Stewart

Theres not a lot of diversity on that board - 8 white middle aged men.