St Mirren v Motherwell Scottish League Cup 19th August 2023

shull

4 minutes ago, guinness said:

Very entertaining match today. Thought we were the better side all through. Result was never really in doubt. Most of their attacks came from us giving the ba!l away. Thought Baccus was poor today but Gogic was superb. He Is the best signing we have made in years. Tay!or also improves with everymatch. What length of deal is he on?  Also have rare!y seen a ball hit harder than the goal. 

Had we had VAR today we might still be in the ground. Thankfully we did not.

6 minutes ago, munoz said:

Catch 22 really. 

Finishing top 6+ and the later stages of cup competitions helps generate cash. 

Sell out the current stadium first and then possibly look at increasing. 

No point in putting in more seats for them to be empty.

Agreed.

How many times have we sold out the stadium as it stands?

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Agreed.

How many times have we sold out the stadium as it stands?

Three times i reckon ... however i cant remember a better start... if we have same increase in percentage terms as last season we will be close to capacity every home game.... happy days... getting back to Fergie time.

Great performance today. Everybody played their part at some point.

Richard Taylor is some player. He was excellent alongside Gogic, who strolled the game too.

Hemming with a very assured performance also. Trevor who?

McMenamin is a great signing too.

They didn't really lay a glove on us.

Should have been a bigger winning margin.

I seem to remember someone telling us Richard Taylor was shite.😄

3 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Agreed. I doubt we have that many armchair fans in the Paisley area. 

There are a lot of “big game” supporters living in the local area.

Our 2nd last home game before the ‘87 cup final against Hibs we had only 3500 at Love St. Our last home game before the cup win in ‘87 was 11,000 against Celtic.

How many Saints fans were at Hampden against United? Certainly well over 25,000.

Our first home game after winning the cup in ‘86 - 4700. 

Similar situation for 2013 cup win.

Our first home game after the cup final was just over 6000 against Celtic.
Our crowds have grown considerably the last few seasons. Long may it continue but I’d say there are many local “glory hunting” fans who only come out to see Saints play on big occasions. 

I don’t see the benefit in expanding the ground capacity beyond putting in a standing zone between the family stand and the West Bank. 

That’s the only area of the ground that could realistically be developed at a reasonable cost. Fcuk putting in executive boxes there. 

We had an opportunity to fill our home ends today and there were stacks of empty seats despite a good price for tickets. 

Considering the run of form we are in at home it was really disappointing the poor turnout from our fans. 

At least those who went enjoyed themselves! 

COYS

55 minutes ago, Albanian Buddy said:

There are a lot of “big game” supporters living in the local area.

Our 2nd last home game before the ‘87 cup final against Hibs we had only 3500 at Love St. Our last home game before the cup win in ‘87 was 11,000 against Celtic.

How many Saints fans were at Hampden against United? Certainly well over 25,000.

Our first home game after winning the cup in ‘86 - 4700. 

Similar situation for 2013 cup win.

Our first home game after the cup final was just over 6000 against Celtic.
Our crowds have grown considerably the last few seasons. Long may it continue but I’d say there are many local “glory hunting” fans who only come out to see Saints play on big occasions. 

If you build it, (ie team performances), they will come.

Today wasn't the best performance I've seen from Saints in recent seasons but we deserved the win.  I think that's the worst performance I've seen in Paisley by a Motherwell side for years!

I think Richard Taylor gets better with every match and having "Mr. Stability" Alex Gogic alongside him will certainly do him no harm at all.

What a goal by Caolan Boyd-Munce!  I think he's improving with each game too.  He came across well in his post-match interview on BBC Radio Scotland.

As BuddieinEK has already said, Diarmuid O'Carroll was also interviewed on BBC Radio Scotland and he too came across well.

A "good day at the office" by Saints and we're through to the next round of the League Cup! 🏁

1 minute ago, BigYardsAndBasher said:

Today wasn't the best performance I've seen from Saints in recent seasons but we deserved the win.  I think that's the worst performance I've seen in Paisley by a Motherwell side for years!

I think Richard Taylor gets better with every match and having "Mr. Stability" Alex Gogic alongside him will certainly do him no harm at all.

What a goal by Caolan Boyd-Munce!  I think he's improving with each game too.  He came across well in his post-match interview on BBC Radio Scotland.

As BuddieinEK has already said, Diarmuid O'Carroll was also interviewed on BBC Radio Scotland and he too came across well.

A "good day at the office" by Saints and we're through to the next round of the League Cup! 🏁

Brilliant made up story. :lol: