St Mirren v Aberdeen SPFL Premiership 27/8/23

shull

• 2 weeks later...

This is the real acid test. The Dons are certainly a different animal to last season and will have studied our setup, I'm going to go out there and say, if we play our game to Robinson's plan to the best of our abilities, that won't matter. With the floating defence/midfield role he has for Gogic I think he has created a system that is going to be hard to combat.

6 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

This is the real acid test. The Dons are certainly a different animal to last season and will have studied our setup, I'm going to go out there and say, if we play our game to Robinson's plan to the best of our abilities, that won't matter. With the floating defence/midfield role he has for Gogic I think he has created a system that is going to be hard to combat.

You forgot "I hope I'm wrong". :lol:

52 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I’m a wee bit surprised we’re quite as firm favourites as that. 

Aye, I'd have thought the odds would have been closer to the odds offered on the Motherwell game when both teams were almost the same to win.

Suppose our home form has influenced it a bit.

Our biggest test to date coming up, no doubt.

The Dons finished last season very strongly under Robson, but they haven't started so well this season, though one of their games was against Celtic. Sunday's game comes after a trip to Europe for them, so I think we have a decent chance of getting at least a draw. But we must play for 90 minutes, and not let them into the game in the second half as we did against Hibs and Motherwell.

COYS!!

We will need to be considerably sharper in front of goal than we were last weekend to get anything from this game.  I'd like to see more game time for Olusanya, maybe ahead of Mandron, and would hope that we can start to see what Nahmani can do.  I fear that Jamieson, after a good run in the friendlies and LC group stage, is going to suffer the fate that most academy graduates face in our team after early promise-an extended period on the bench, with no game time and eventually dropping off the page when money comes available for a journeyman 

Really could do with a win against Aberdeen as September's fixtures look pretty tough.
2nd Sept Away to Livingston
16th Sept Away to Motherwell
23rd Sept Home to Hearts
30th Sept Away to Killie
Add in the cup game AWAY to Hibs on 27th it all adds up to a real testing month. 
Strange post to make??? All fixtures in this league are tough for us especially this one on Sunday against the form team of last 6 months.

Going by those fixtures I presume we have both Rangers and Celtic in October doesn't that make that month tougher???

Sent from my T610K using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Strange post to make??? All fixtures in this league are tough for us especially this one on Sunday against the form team of last 6 months.

Going by those fixtures I presume we have both Rangers and Celtic in October doesn't that make that month tougher???

Sent from my T610K using Tapatalk

I'll try to make it easy for you, we have 4 AWAY fixtures from 5, that's what makes it tough as our away form, while we had an excellent AWAY win against Hibs, despite the previous ten years of results seemingly making that next to impossible, is still an area where we have to improve.

As for October, I hadn't looked that far ahead.

It did cross my mind about the OF, but it turns out we only have Rangers and as it's at HOME I still see us having a chance of taking something from any teams at HOME.

Add in we have Ross County AWAY and St Johnstone at HOME, no October isn't, IMO, tougher. 

I hope this helps as I can't make it much simpler. 

Edited by faraway saint

On 8/19/2023 at 11:53 PM, BigYardsAndBasher said:

I'll not be able to attend this match unfortunately.  Had it been the Saturday I'd have been ok to attend.

I like it when we get a win over the "Dandies", a lot of their supporters still think they are the force they were in the Eighties and think they're entitled to success.

Basher, are there still Dons fans out there that think that?  If so they must be a miserable bunch!

11 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I'll try to make it easy for you, we have 4 AWAY fixtures from 5, that's what makes it tough as our away form, while we had an excellent AWAY win against Hibs, despite the previous ten years of results seemingly making that next to impossible, is still an area where we have to improve.

As for October, I hadn't looked that far ahead.

It did cross my mind about the OF, but it turns out we only have Rangers and as it's at HOME I still see us having a chance of taking something from any teams at HOME.

Add in we have Ross County AWAY and St Johnstone at HOME, no October isn't, IMO, tougher. 

I hope this helps as I can't make it much simpler. 

Could you be any more condescending?