Russell Brand

shull

It never fails to amaze me when historical rape allegations take over the front pages of our media. It shows the depths we, as a nation have, fallen to. I've never found Brand the least bit funny but IF, and it is if, he is guilty of the charges placed on him then, WHEN it is proven, for me, that is when it is news, if it ever should be headline.

Edited by stlucifer

24 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

It never fails to amaze me when historical rape allegations take over the front pages of our media. It shows the depths we, as a nation have, fallen to. I've never found Brand the least bit funny but IF, and it is if, he is guilty of the charges placed on him then, WHEN it is proven, for me, that is when it is news, if it ever should be headline.

Agreed.

Too many reputations tarnished by the eagerness of the authorities, media and anyone else looking for 15 mins of fame.

Funny Brand's been targeted now, after he's spent the last few years building up a YouTube channel which has criticised the media, military industrial complex, pharmaceutical industry and politicians. Reminds me a bit of what happened to Julian Assange.

FWIW, I am not a fan of Brand. I always thought he was a bit smarmy. But I cannot help but notice the similarity between him and Assange.

6 hours ago, W6er said:

Funny Brand's been targeted now, after he's spent the last few years building up a YouTube channel which has criticised the media, military industrial complex, pharmaceutical industry and politicians. Reminds me a bit of what happened to Julian Assange.

FWIW, I am not a fan of Brand. I always thought he was a bit smarmy. But I cannot help but notice the similarity between him and Assange.

The frenzy from the media really is out of order.

A massive amount of air time on the BBC news has been allocated to these claims. 

On 9/17/2023 at 9:09 AM, stlucifer said:

100%. These are allegations. Too many people tried in the court of public opinion. Cliff Richard springs to mind, Kevin Spacey.  It will be happening in all walks of life.

Ill personally be very interested if Goodwillie goes to criminal court which has been suggested.

1 hour ago, Hunterian said:

100%. These are allegations. Too many people tried in the court of public opinion. Cliff Richard springs to mind, Kevin Spacey.  It will be happening in all walks of life.

Ill personally be very interested if Goodwillie goes to criminal court which has been suggested.

But its not really public opinion is it.... its forced media opinion... the BBC have time and time again harboured predators....Saville, Harris , Hall, and others.. one thing press/ media coverage has shown over the decades..is that if you highlight and headline it later is percieved as fact..  Geldof summed up Brand perfectly in Shulls UTube post above

40 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

But its not really public opinion is it.... its forced media opinion... the BBC have time and time again harboured predators....Saville, Harris , Hall, and others.. one thing press/ media coverage has shown over the decades..is that if you highlight and headline it later is percieved as fact..  Geldof summed up Brand perfectly in Shulls UTube post above

Bob Geldof - A publicity hungry opportunist.

I agree about the media, particularly the BBC trying to be guardians after the fact given that the licence paid for all you mentioned as well as Tim Westwood.

6 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Still think RB is a c u next tuesday

He is. I'm really not a violent person, but there was a time when I found him so annoying and smarmy that had I ever encountered him, the thought of giving him a sore face would have crossed my mind. There are honestly very few people I feel like that about, so when I say I'm not a fan of his, it's a massive understatement. However, that doesn't make him a sexual predator and I find the media accusations levelled at him to be very suspicious.

I picked up a copy of The Metro this morning and he was front page. The way the article was worded implied guilt:

IMG-20230918-WA0000.thumb.jpg.69e6b4fec55b456b42404409789927d1.jpg  

BRAND: WHAT DID TV BOSSES KNOW?

That headline implies there was something unsavoury for them to know. This is based on allegations, remember.

IMG-20230918-WA0002.thumb.jpg.d15f7a9665d35ab7960b3430d478935d.jpg

That second paragraph:

'The ex-BBC and Channel 4 presenter, 48, raped one victim, sexually assaulted two more and groomed a 16-year old...' It's listed these as facts, only at the end of the sentence do we learn that this is a claim made by an investigation.

I found that appalling. Why not begin with 'A bombshell report alleges that Brand...'? People may suggest it's about sensationalising the story in order to sell papers, but The Metro is free. Plus it's the headline that usually attracts interest. I found that very distasteful.

Also, once accusations have been made, many folk will think 'there's no smoke without fire.' He may become another John Leslie, which is very convenient for those who have been the target of his criticism.