Paisley Eateries

WeeBud

Afternoon Buddies

I haven’t eaten out in Paisley for quite some time but will be going out on the town after the game this Saturday. I’m looking for recommendations for somewhere decent to eat…..wife doesn’t really fancy Indian as we’re going to Mowgli in Glasgow on Sunday evening and Trattoria and Cardosi’s are fully booked.

Any ideas, recommendations greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Afternoon Buddies
I haven’t eaten out in Paisley for quite some time but will be going out on the town after the game this Saturday. I’m looking for recommendations for somewhere decent to eat…..wife doesn’t really fancy Indian as we’re going to Mowgli in Glasgow on Sunday evening and Trattoria and Cardosi’s are fully booked.
Cheers

Caffe Royale on Glasgow Road. If you do facebook they put their weekly specials on a Wednesday usually. If you don't I'll post a picture of them on here.

7 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:
55 minutes ago, WeeBud said:
Afternoon Buddies
Cheers

Caffe Royale on Glasgow Road. If you do facebook they put their weekly specials on a Wednesday usually. If you don't I'll post a picture of them on here.

One of the worst places I have been in 

30 minutes ago, HSS said:

Never tried but i always had it down as a chippy/fry up type place

Genova is great, Pollo Milanese with maybe a few chillies in the sauce?  And a lovely Sangiovese

I dont like the Indian near Harvies,  I've tried it twice in the last year and the grub is disappointing. 

I do find the standard of prepared food is generally down in most establishments over the last year, even the mid-upper price range outlets.  My favourite place in the last few years was the Birds & Bees near Stirling and they took the signature dish (blade of beef) off the menu and employed a bunch of kids to run the front of house. 

Allans is still OK, certainly very good value, even better if you are happy with whiting instead of haddock.  Most places that sell you whiting just call it fish and people rarely complain about it.

It does need a right good re-furb though, those original "period" features are more than a bit tired.

Edited by beyond our ken

12 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:
1 hour ago, HSS said:

I go regularly, food and service is excellent. Would you have went before the current owners took it on?

I’ve no idea who owns it 🤷

Just noticed a new Italian Seafood restaurant on Bridge St.  Il Pescatore - it has a chippie take away but it would appear to be a restaurant.  As yet it doesn't have online booking so you might be lucky.  Call 0141 611 0907.  If you do go can you post a review on here 'cos I like a good fish restaurant.  Ta.

Just now, rabuddies said:

Just noticed a new Italian Seafood restaurant on Bridge St.  Il Pescatore - it has a chippie take away but it would appear to be a restaurant.  As yet it doesn't have online booking so you might be lucky.  Call 0141 611 0907.  If you do go can you post a review on here 'cos I like a good fish restaurant.  Ta.

I had a special fish from it on Sunday, good sized fish and chips were nice. My only negative would be that the breadcrumb coating came off the flesh very easily which resulted in big bits of coating being eaten at the end. Might just need to get the temperature adjusted on the fryer to remedy. Oh and it was a bit steep £9. 

3 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

I had a special fish from it on Sunday, good sized fish and chips were nice. My only negative would be that the breadcrumb coating came off the flesh very easily which resulted in big bits of coating being eaten at the end. Might just need to get the temperature adjusted on the fryer to remedy. Oh and it was a bit steep £9. 

Does Seem a bit steep for fish & chips . In their defence , none of that frozen fish crap, all fish are caught fresh daily just below the Hammils . 🐟 

12 hours ago, rabuddies said:

8 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Does Seem a bit steep for fish & chips . In their defence , none of that frozen fish crap, all fish are caught fresh daily just below the Hammils . 🐟 

My wife and I went for a run in the car a few weeks ago so we took advantage of their opening promotion and, I must admit, I wasn't impressed with the quality of the food. I don't think I'd rush to pay dull price

My wife and I went for a run in the car a few weeks ago so we took advantage of their opening promotion and, I must admit, I wasn't impressed with the quality of the food. I don't think I'd rush to pay dull price
Got the fish supper for £5, 1 large fish that was excellent quality. Cooked fresh as you waited.

13 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

£9 or less for a fish tea to sit in at Allans is really good value

Where i live, the local chippie charges £10.90 for a standard fish super and £11.90 for a special fish supper.  It's about £8 for an ashet pie and chips

8 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:
10 hours ago, stlucifer said:

Got the fish supper for £5, 1 large fish that was excellent quality. Cooked fresh as you waited.

Both our suppers. Fish was Ok..ish but the chips were such that we threw most of them away. Maybe we were unlucky.

Both our suppers. Fish was Ok..ish but the chips were such that we threw most of them away. Maybe we were unlucky.
Aa much as I'd have given the fish 10/10 the chips would have been a 7/10.

All the suppers including the special fish are £5 again on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday.

Other chip shops are available as well. [emoji848]

On 9/19/2023 at 12:27 PM, WeeBud said:

Afternoon Buddies

Cheers

Well, where'd you go and how was it? 

I went to il Pescatore again.

Fish supper £5

Fish was still 10/10 and was too large for the box, chips a disappointing 6/10

Glad I got a fritter as well. 10/10

𝐈𝐥 𝐏𝐄𝐒𝐂𝐀𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐓𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐀𝐖𝐀𝐘 [emoji226]

🤍 𝐎𝐏𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐎𝐅𝐅𝐄𝐑 🤍

Due to popular demand we have decided to extend our opening offer!

From Sunday 17th September..... ALL SUPPERS ARE ONLY £5 Sunday, Monday & Tuesday

Why not pop by? Open until 10pm every day!!

*excludes speciality fish*

On 9/25/2023 at 8:19 AM, faraway saint said:

I thought I’d posted about it but must have forgotten, that’ll have been the wine……six of us went to Zambretto. Food was excellent and a nice restaurant with great service was our experience. Live music in the background from 20:00 made for a very enjoyable evening, would recommend and definitely would go back. Thanks HSS for pointing us in it’s direction 👍

10 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

I thought I’d posted about it but must have forgotten, that’ll have been the wine……six of us went to Zambretto. Food was excellent and a nice restaurant with great service was our experience. Live music in the background from 20:00 made for a very enjoyable evening, would recommend and definitely would go back. Thanks HSS for pointing us in it’s direction 👍

I’m there fairly often, great food, good portions and reasonably priced. It was also excellent when it was Hamishes.

I thought I’d posted about it but must have forgotten, that’ll have been the wine……six of us went to Zambretto. Food was excellent and a nice restaurant with great service was our experience. Live music in the background from 20:00 made for a very enjoyable evening, would recommend and definitely would go back. Thanks HSS for pointing us in it’s direction [emoji106]

Foods always been good when I've been in, with the added bonus of the live music. [emoji106]