Sevco FC 2012 v St Mirren SPFL PREMIERSHIP 3/12/23

shull

On 11/14/2023 at 8:11 AM, antrin said:

Don’t give them your money!

Happily, they need it badly.  :)

https://x.com/rangerstaxcase/status/1724157679742951453?s=61&t=FjxxXMQtxgkJ_FuXqPpQaQ

I just have done! 

I was going to wait to see how we did against Livingston and Ross County, but decided I'd go for it. I will meet a few Rangers supporting fiends friends pre-match.

1 hour ago, W6er said:

I just have done! 

I was going to wait to see how we did against Livingston and Ross County, but decided I'd go for it. I will meet a few Rangers supporting fiends friends pre-match.

Ah…

… so you still console them about the death of their club?

That’s nice.  :)

8 hours ago, W6er said:

Any  predictions? Have I wasted thirty-two 'fecking quid'? 

Penalty to The Rangers! 

No one should tell you how you spend your money. 

I have had wonderful memories in the 70s, 80s and 90s at Ibrox when we have beaten them. But there has always been bigotry, sectarianism and violence against our supporters. 

I actually think since they were liquidated some of their supporters have become more extreme in their behaviour. 

My last visit I think was the Thommo last minute equaliser. Tremendous memories but the treatment received and the lack of support from the police and stewards has stopped me from going back - for now.

Never say never. I really hope that you have a great time and it’s the best £32 you have ever spent as that hopefully means St Mirren get a positive result. 

Go buddie go!

13 hours ago, W6er said:

Anyone else going to this? :) 

Any score predictions? Have I wasted thirty-two 'fecking quid'? 

I don't see how anyone can enjoy the "experience" away fans get at either if the big Glasgow slums.  Those around have free-rein to abuse and harass,  even thrown objects will be tolerated.

I went to the first post-promotion game there in the Gus McPherson era and despite us getting a great result I vowed never to return. I don't see the point of paying good money to be treated like shit by these people just because they can.

Edited by beyond our ken

It is one of the biggest shadows hanging over Scottish life - that this persistent sectarianism is not dealt with by the police and football authorities.

We must ask - why is this so?

I think we all have our own ideas on this.

Contrast this with the action taken in Europe where it does not seem to be a problem in dealing with this cancer.

On 11/19/2023 at 9:00 AM, Albanian Buddy said:

Penalty to The Rangers! 

No one should tell you how you spend your money. 

I have had wonderful memories in the 70s, 80s and 90s at Ibrox when we have beaten them. But there has always been bigotry, sectarianism and violence against our supporters. 

I actually think since they were liquidated some of their supporters have become more extreme in their behaviour. 

My last visit I think was the Thommo last minute equaliser. Tremendous memories but the treatment received and the lack of support from the police and stewards has stopped me from going back - for now.

Never say never. I really hope that you have a great time and it’s the best £32 you have ever spent as that hopefully means St Mirren get a positive result. 

Go buddie go!

Thanks, buddie! :) 

Their supporters have a sort of siege mentality. I think one could write a PhD thesis on why that is, as I think there is scope to argue it goes way beyond supposed grievances relating to their club's fortunes, both on and off the pitch. It can arguably be related to the threat posed to the United Kingdom, both here and in Ulster; their patriotism (or perhaps jingoism?) is now deeply unfashionable; and the realisation that their 'culture' is becoming more and more irrelevant.

T2 summarised it quite well:

"these are people who've been abandoned by their political class..."

20 hours ago, northstbuddie said:

It is one of the biggest shadows hanging over Scottish life - that this persistent sectarianism is not dealt with by the police and football authorities.

We must ask - why is this so?

I think we all have our own ideas on this.

Contrast this with the action taken in Europe where it does not seem to be a problem in dealing with this cancer.

I think a lot of it is exaggerated, to be honest. I also don't have a problem with people, even a very large group of people, expressing an identity, which is ultimately what both the Old Firm clubs do. They feed off one another. 

As long as our club remains free of it, that's all that matters to me. :) 

I have found both grounds to be very hostile, but I think they always have been. I prefer that to grounds that have no atmosphere and quite like the idea of going to into the lion's den, so to speak. I do not long for the day when angry, working class Glaswegians have been replaced by the prawn sandwich brigade, which seems to be the case with many clubs down south.

• 2 weeks later...

From 2 or 3 weeks ago, this link exemplifies the problem:

But, of course, because it was compiled initially by a Celtic fan - it MUST be false, lies, cheating… according to h uns who respond.

(it should be “The Rangers”, so I kinda doubt that it was really compiled by a Shellic fan….  :)