Sevco FC 2012 v St Mirren SPFL PREMIERSHIP 3/12/23

shull

37 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

"All the good work will be as good as gone"we are 5 points clear of team in 7th place who upon checking are away at Aberdeen & Livingston and home to Celtic next 3 games so very good chance we will still be well in top 6 at end of this busy month.

I say this every year but no matter what teams are involved the amount of wins,draws and defeats stays very very similar each season the fact we are 2/3 victories more than most teams already suggests that if we keep ticking along the odd win here and there the 9 teams below us won't win enough matches to overtake us pre split.

Sent from my T610K using Tapatalk

We are not ticking along at all just now, 3rd, 4th and fifth place are big prizes in this league and you have to seize them.  You don't get there by jogging along with a bit of limp as awe are just now.  We petered out after the split last season and if we had to compete to stay in the top 6 then we would not done so.

Thought at times we were OK. Both goals could have been avoided with simple fou!s by Gogic and O'Hara. We really do  not seem to know that when players are running towards our goal you take them down. The Rangers did not create that much. At an hour in their goalie had made more saves than ours. We just seen to lose concentration at times. Fear we will lose in Perth , as usual ,so the Ross County game becomes must win. 

1 hour ago, guinness said:

Thought at times we were OK. Both goals could have been avoided with simple fou!s by Gogic and O'Hara. We really do  not seem to know that when players are running towards our goal you take them down. The Rangers did not create that much. At an hour in their goalie had made more saves than ours. We just seen to lose concentration at times. Fear we will lose in Perth , as usual ,so the Ross County game becomes must win. 

At the first goal it would have helped if Taylor wasn't having a tour of the club deck, not for the first time he's caught totally out of position costing us. someone needs to tell him this 

3 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

At the first goal it would have helped if Taylor wasn't having a tour of the club deck, not for the first time he's caught totally out of position costing us. someone needs to tell him this 

Taylor is a decent footballer but he’s found out of position far too often. I’d think now is the time to rest him for a few games and see if we can tighten up. I’d put Gogic back in the middle of the park and see if they could free up o Hara to get forward more like last term. That said none of of strikers look to have any goals in them at present. I knew we would hit a sticky point and this seems to be it. The thing is these next three games would be good to win as it’s a tough run after that. I’m hopeful that the boys will get back into the groove soon

3 minutes ago, norrie82 said:

Taylor is a decent footballer but he’s found out of position far too often. I’d think now is the time to rest him for a few games and see if we can tighten up. I’d put Gogic back in the middle of the park and see if they could free up o Hara to get forward more like last term. That said none of of strikers look to have any goals in them at present. I knew we would hit a sticky point and this seems to be it. The thing is these next three games would be good to win as it’s a tough run after that. I’m hopeful that the boys will get back into the groove soon

i'd be having nightmares if Gogic got took out that defence, Gogic Fraser And Tanser are the ones playing well,  Bolton is a strange one he's behind Taylor Dunne and even Flynn today in the pecking order.  is he that poor or I'm I missing something  

On 12/3/2023 at 10:17 PM, portmahomack saint said:

i'd be having nightmares if Gogic got took out that defence, Gogic Fraser And Tanser are the ones playing well,  Bolton is a strange one he's behind Taylor Dunne and even Flynn today in the pecking order.  is he that poor or I'm I missing something  

What I've seen of Bolton doesn't suggest a nightmare waiting to happen, he is perhaps not as quick footed as Taylor but he seems to clear his lines when the ball comes his way in the back line. 

Maybe he doesn't inpire total confidence to his Manger in training, or show that he has the ball playing ability to the same degree as others, but so far I haven't seen a waste of a salary.

I agree that Gogic has been solid at the back and 8 times out of 10 he reads the game well, and occasionally he gets beaten for speed, but his game management makes up for that so I would leave him at the back.

As an aside, a player I have watched this year is Yan Dhanda at Ross County and I like him. He plays with a no. 10 on his back and plays like one. He is creative and I think if he was in the right team, he could certainly be an asset and do some damage to the opposition.......... just a thought!

1 hour ago, The Original 59er said:

What I've seen of Bolton doesn't suggest a nightmare waiting to happen, he is perhaps not as quick footed as Taylor but he seems to clear his lines when the ball comes his way in the back line. 

Maybe he doesn't inpire total confidence to his Manger in training, or show that he has the ball playing ability to the same degree as others, but so far I haven't seen a waste of a salary.

I agree that Gogic has been solid at the back and 8 times out of 10 he reads the game well, and occasionally he gets beaten for speed, but his game management makes up for that so I would leave him at the back.

As an aside, a player I have watched this year is Yan Dhanda at Ross County and I like him. He plays with a no. 10 on his back and plays like one. He is creative and I think if he was in the right team, he could certainly be an asset and do some damage to the opposition.......... just a thought!

Agree, in the few minutes we've seen, Bolton has done nothing wrong but there must a reason why he's not featured more. As for Small I've not been impressed by him, but he's young. But once again his lack of game time is concerning. Tanser's been playing well but you'd expect Small to have made more of a impact when we're chasing the game He Hasn't...  wouldn't be surprised if both go back in January, I don't see the point in bringing players up here on loan to sit on the bench...  

5 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

Agree, in the few minutes we've seen, Bolton has done nothing wrong but there must a reason why he's not featured more. As for Small I've not been impressed by him, but he's young. But once again his lack of game time is concerning. Tanser's been playing well but you'd expect Small to have made more of a impact when we're chasing the game He Hasn't...  wouldn't be surprised if both go back in January, I don't see the point in bringing players up here on loan to sit on the bench...  

Small is a gem of a player and should have started v the rangers. As an aside, Ayunga should have been nowhere near the starting line up. Half a game under his belt, and not even a good half game and he goes ahead of fully match fit players? Ridiculous decision.

25 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Small is a gem of a player and should have started v the rangers. As an aside, Ayunga should have been nowhere near the starting line up. Half a game under his belt, and not even a good half game and he goes ahead of fully match fit players? Ridiculous decision.

I'd suggest he's miles away from a "gem of a player".

He's definitely a gem at getting sent off, but as a player, nothing to write home about IMO. 

It seems some are doing the usual...................when a player isn't playing he becomes a "gem". 

PS I'd also suggest most supporters were ok with Ayunga getting a start but it's all about opinions. 

Edited by faraway saint

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

I'd suggest he's miles away from a "gem of a player".

He's definitely a gem at getting sent off, but as a player, nothing to write home about IMO. 

It seems some are doing the usual...................when a player isn't playing he becomes a "gem". 

PS I'd also suggest most supporters were ok with Ayunga getting a start but it's all about opinions. 

Not sure what some folk see in Small because I haven't seen it 

I thought it was a good decision to play Ayunga in a game we were unlikely to win getting more minutes into him just what he needs