Sevco FC 2012 v St Mirren SPFL PREMIERSHIP 3/12/23

shull

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

2-0, final score.

Quite hard to say if today was better or worse than recent performances. 

We've certainly taken bigger defeats at Ibrox.

I missed all the penalties they were guaranteed to get. 🤣

Yeah it was pretty shite again. Passing was shocking. You could probably give pass marks to 3 or 4 players, but overall it was poor again.

Feels like a missed opportunity too because that really is not a good Rangers team. 

Didn't think it was too bad a performance. Yes, the passing wasn't great at times but we played well in small bursts. Ayunga did well with the limited amount of time on the ball that he had. I hate to say it (again) but I just don't see what McMenamin offers. We worked so hard to win the ball back and get it out to him and he either gave it away or kept it and did nothing with it. Really frustrating to watch. Midweek is massive now.

13 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

2-0, final score.

Was definitely better than the County game but we never really looked like getting anything.

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

2-0, final score.

That Rangers team were there for the taking they're not very good at all, yet they still beat us comfortably 2-0 we really are powder puff up front, Jonah needs a decent partner and we now need a right wing back pronto 

Just now, munoz said:

Was definitely better than the County game but we never really looked like getting anything.

Thought in a few short periods in the 2nd half we were trying, and succeeding, in passing the ball out a bit better.

When you only have about 30% possession it's not easy to build any momentum.

Our goalie didn't have many saves to make so we limited them to a few chances, which deserves some credit. 

As you say, better than the County game. 

Just now, portmahomack saint said:

That Rangers team were there for the taking they're not very good at all, yet they still beat us comfortably 2-0 we really are powder puff up front, Jonah needs a decent partner and we now need a right wing back pronto 

Not quite there for the taking but I've already said before the game they are no great shakes.

2-0 was probably about right and we've been hammered many a time at Ibrox although it is a bit more annoying when it might not have taken much to get more. 

It was a "go through the motions" performance for us against a not very good Rangers , we got what we deserved . A repeat v the Fakes during the week and all the good early work will be as good as gone. Too many big players not turning up , team needs a complete refresh ! I'd be starting Bolton , Small , Nahmani and Jamieson this week !

28 minutes ago, billyg said:

It was a "go through the motions" performance for us against a not very good Rangers , we got what we deserved . A repeat v the Fakes during the week and all the good early work will be as good as gone. Too many big players not turning up , team needs a complete refresh ! I'd be starting Bolton , Small , Nahmani and Jamieson this week !

And we know that's not going to happen .Another away defeat in coming I'm afraid  we should just give up playing away games and forfeit the points.

"All the good work will be as good as gone"we are 5 points clear of team in 7th place who upon checking are away at Aberdeen & Livingston and home to Celtic next 3 games so very good chance we will still be well in top 6 at end of this busy month.

I say this every year but no matter what teams are involved the amount of wins,draws and defeats stays very very similar each season the fact we are 2/3 victories more than most teams already suggests that if we keep ticking along the odd win here and there the 9 teams below us won't win enough matches to overtake us pre split.

Sent from my T610K using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, billyg said:

What is the point of signing players like Bolton and not using him when the defence is not delivering?  McMenamin took a while to get going for us and after some good performances has fallen away so I'd say that the very lively LJ should be given the chance to put Conor under pressure.  Small is definitely a player and has both strength and pace, so why not use him?  As for Nahmani, maybe get him some minutes on the pitch.

Good to see Ryan Flynn back in the team

for the fakes game I'd like to see Bolton, Fraser and Dunne across the back with McMenamin or Flynn and Small as wing-backs.  Get Alex back in his best midfield position alongside O' Hara with Jamieson linking back to the midfield supporting Ayunga and Olusanya.

Good players like Kiltie, Tanser, Baccus and Mandron have flattered to deceive with good-looking play that really hasn't delivered anything much for a month now.

The fakes give me the fear right now, it's a bad tie to try and turn things round in. Clarke usually manages to get a goal against us and they won't be as bad as they were in Paisley a few weeks ago.  That shitty hole-in-the ground stadium also seems to suck the life out of our performance there.  We need to rise above the environment, the reaction they have given Levein and our really poor recent form.  I thoroughly applaud the way we started the season, it was enough for me to suspect that Robinson really is a top manager and the proof of that will be in turning around this languid spell that has already run for too long.

Edited by beyond our ken