New ads LED boards

2 men working under a suspended load?
No exclusion zone
no secondary tether for the upright section being installed
looks like the teleporter is being used to maneuvre those uprights
I can see the main structural beams have been bored to take the horizontal beams, would I trust those guys to do that on the basis of astructural engineer report?  I guess not!
no traffic or pedestrian management
And it looks like that COULD be someone riding on the teleporter forks
no freakin' hard hats.

It' an absolute disgrace that the club has allowed the work to be done in this manner, I thought we had health & safety advice in the club.  Whoever signed off on this should hang their heads in shame.  It's literally a crime to expose those guys to that kind of risk.
FFS Sums this site up. [emoji849]

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, Scott-Leeds said:

Jesus Christ, shoddy is an understatement, borderline unsafe emoji23.png

Never thought the cladding would be removed I guess?

Cover it in Woodchip , overs a multitude of sins ( according to decorators ) emoji3.png

There just seems no pride in the job anymore. I’ve worked back in the 80s on building sites and that standard of work would see you kicked immediately off the job without pay. 

It’s no wonder that modern buildings don’t stand the test of time.

Perhaps we should have hired some foreign labour led by Egyptians.

I always admire Paisley Abbey and then look at that Council building behind it and I have no doubt which one is likely to still be standing in 100years. 

shit I’m starting to sound like the guy complaining about elf and safety 😂.

There just seems no pride in the job anymore. I’ve worked back in the 80s on building sites and that standard of work would see you kicked immediately off the job without pay. 
I always admire Paisley Abbey and then look at that Council building behind it and I have no doubt which one is likely to still be standing in 100years. 
shit I’m starting to sound like the guy complaining about elf and safety [emoji23].

You've obviously never noticed the leaning front door tower of the Abbey from bygone years never mind when all the different bits of the Abbey were erected. [emoji6]

7 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

You've obviously never noticed the leaning front door tower of the Abbey from bygone years never mind when all the different bits of the Abbey were erected. emoji6.png

You’ve obviously missed the point! 😂

But that’s normal practice for you. 😜

I was actually schooled in Paisley Abbey in the early 80s when our school was closed due to oil supplies/heating issues at our school.
There is a tapestry on display which I was “involved” with producing. 
Always makes me chuckle that the tapestry still exists never mind that someone decided to hang it within the abbey as it is part of the history of one of the finest buildings in our proud wee town. 

Perhaps you could even things up and set fire to the modern council buildings and see whether that can be rebuilt using building materials, tools and techniques after a long period of delay. After all that would be standard practice! 😜 

I enjoy visiting the Abbey regardless of the faults you describe. It’s great to visit especially on the open doors weekend event when you can climb the tower. 

15 hours ago, Albanian Buddy said:

shit I’m starting to sound like the guy complaining about elf and safety 😂.

Sadly, concrete becomes harder and more durable as time passes, as opposed to cut sandstone which erodes with the weather.

Come to think of it didn't the "intelligent Council Planners within the said building" suggest that their pride and joy should become a listed building a few years ago (stating that the concrete monstosity was a good example of its kind! :thumbsdown)?

Only in Paisley could Councils (Regional and County at the time) could come up with such a ribbed monstrosity opposite such an iconic 10th century building as a set off to show the Abbey in its best light!

Edited by The Original 59er

2 minutes ago, The Original 59er said:

Sadly, concrete becomes harder and more durable as time passes, as opposed to cut sandstone which erodes with the weather.

Come to think of it didn't the "intelligent Council Planners within the said building" suggest that their pride and joy should become a listed building a few years ago (stating that the concrete monstosity was a good example of its kind! :thumbsdown)?

Unless the council building was built with Reinforced autoclaved aerated concrete. 

1 minute ago, Albanian Buddy said:

Unless the council building was built with Reinforced autoclaved aerated concrete. 

They probably haven't analysed that particular construction detail yet (probably hoping for the best that they got away with it!) so maybe with a bit of luck, we might see total demolition in the next 12 months :happyclapper:whistle

43 minutes ago, The Original 59er said:

I don’t believe the “squinty door” is squinting due to erosion, more to subsidence - possibly due to supporting massive weight for centuries.  Perhaps it was “reinforced autoclaved aerated concrete” deployed in the foundations by the 12C monks.

18 minutes ago, antrin said:

I don’t believe the “squinty door” is squinting due to erosion, more to subsidence - possibly due to supporting massive weight for centuries.  Perhaps it was “reinforced autoclaved aerated concrete” deployed in the foundations by the 12C monks.

It was subsidence.  They reinforced the foundations a while back - dunno what with, though.

54 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:
3 hours ago, elvis said:
Just walked past ground LED has gone from side of building. Wonder  what's happened. 

When was it up?

Actually your right they were putting the frame work up on tuesday now cladding back on .