Paisley Pubs

Typical scenario - Belhaven give the place a (cheap and nesty) refurb then get someone to take the place on with short term lease. It looks horrible, and won't last long! :ph34r:

Aye, it'll be the straw. Human pub-goers don't tend to like straw everywhere. And it's difficult to see if it can survive on the starling/sparrow customer base alone. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Been told the stows brae had been taken over by the guy that owned corkers and will re-open in 2 weeks, and will go by their old name, the station bar. It will be a saint pub and no blue or green fcukers will be welcome :bounce2

Been told the stows brae had been taken over by the guy that owned corkers and will re-open in 2 weeks, and will go by their old name, the station bar. It will be a saint pub and no blue or green fcukers will be welcome :bounce2

Thats not true, is a saints pub but all members of the public are welcome, no colours will be worn by the bigot bros tho

Good to see the 2 above pubs reopening,especially the Station as it is an eyesore at the moment.

Good luck to the people involved,only thing is when a pub shuts it's doors it's very hard to make it work again.Hope these guys reverse the trend. :cheers

The Craigielea is closing down tomorrow.

NSS will be pleased that someone has lost some money there. :wink:

And as far as i know someone has applied for a licence for the Inshot/Whiskey Joes

walked past the craigelea last night,thought i would nip in and see an old uncle,its still open,and it was mobbed!

the inshot was still dubbed up

What if aw the Punters fae Corkers flock tae the Station Bar ? :unsure:

Corkers had lost quite a lot of it's weekend punters anyway, 'cos of a recently installed limiter switch, due to complaints from the flats above !

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TPAFKATS

Drove past the inshot/faithers/whisky joes/stab inn/sellik minded but never go to a game pub the other day and it has been given a nice lick of paint and a banner. Looks like they are trying to appeal to the polish community but it seemed to be called madagascar :blink:

Drove past the inshot/faithers/whisky joes/stab inn/sellik minded but never go to a game pub the other day and it has been given a nice lick of paint and a banner. Looks like they are trying to appeal to the polish community but it seemed to be called madagascar :blink:

More like "Republika In Madagascaraneri".... the banner is a BIG Saltire....

Cannae see THAT name catching on.

Likely get shortened to... er... RIM. Gulp. :)

Guest TPAFKATS
More like "Republika In Madagascaraneri".... the banner is a BIG Saltire....

Cannae see THAT name catching on.

Likely get shortened to... er... RIM. Gulp. :)

I try not to slow down to much when passing through that junction - never seen a saltire but what the feck does Republika In Madagascaraneri relate to?

I can think of a few rimmers on here who would visit :ph34r:

I try not to slow down to much when passing through that junction - never seen a saltire but what the feck does Republika In Madagascaraneri relate to?

RED LIGHT - when heading south/uphill on Well Street.... time to scrutinise.... :)

ETA: Though I'm no sure about the total accuracy of that last bit... "caraneri". It seemed awfy long and wilfully obscure...

Edited by bluto

I can think of a few rimmers on here who would visit :ph34r:

There is a saltire in the left hand corner as you look at the place, But god knows the thinking about the bar,