St Mirren v Ayr United Championship 1/4/17

shull

14 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Stelios was great today. Super. Loved the way he approached El Alagui after a tough challenge and rather than get in his face, put an arm around his opponent and with dramatic hand gestures, a shrug of the shoulders, and a flourish only continental players can carry off, seemed to gesture 'come on tae' fcuk big man, nae' need for that'..... I paraphrase.

Maybe he did go a bit 'continental' after being flattened, but that boy was superb today. Back-heels, flicks, great engine, tackles, creative going forward. A real find.

I concur. Fantastic Turn of phrase so much more eloquent than cheating. I thought he did make a bit of a meal of it with the hands on his face routine after being clearly forearmed across the chest and his theatrics contributed to O'Brien losing concentration and conceding the goal. Trying to con the ref is one thing but conning your own keeper wasn't a great move.

:withstupid

He'll learn (Maybe)

Stelios is still my Top Man.

15 minutes ago, Drew said:

Special mention for Jack Baird yesterday. He absolutely strolled through the game. Great to see.

Glad you mentioned this sure I wasn't the only Saints fan (Worried/Gutted) about Davies injury and impact on the defence.

Baird has had a few dodgy moments in the past but has settled in great since Davies injury and really pleased for him as sometimes he has took alot of stick.

With Morgan being out, next week’s formation will be interesting. Irvine wasn’t even in the squad this week. Was he injured?

After Morgan went off JR seemed to opt for a 4-4-2 bringing on Sutton. Will that be his preferred option next week meaning he could just bring in Todd to replace Morgan? That would presumably leave us a bit unbalanced and Jack is hinting that Stelios may be moved up suggesting Irvine may be back and presumably Sutton would be a non-starter leaving Loy alone up front.

Dumbarton will be no push over ask Hibs and Falkirk as they have taken points at both these grounds and they have Beaten both us and Morton this season.

It will be an interesting challenge for JR but I’m sure he will rise to it.

Lets see stelly move up the park

Super Stelios

Edited by East Lothian Saint
Formation change

5 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

With Morgan being out, next week’s formation will be interesting. Irvine wasn’t even in the squad this week. Was he injured?

After Morgan went off JR seemed to opt for a 4-4-2 bringing on Sutton. Will that be his preferred option next week meaning he could just bring in Todd to replace Morgan? That would presumably leave us a bit unbalanced and Jack is hinting that Stelios may be moved up suggesting Irvine may be back and presumably Sutton would be a non-starter leaving Loy alone up front.

Dumbarton will be no push over ask Hibs and Falkirk as they have taken points at both these grounds and they have Beaten both us and Morton this season.

Super Stelios

Irvine was suspended.

2 minutes ago, southsidebud said:

Stelios backfills Lewis Morgan. Gary Irvine returns to favoured position where he has been outstanding in recent weeks

Victory

Simples

:D

That would be my preferred option too but I'm only a cnut in a scarf. It can't be that easy. Can it?

Football manager champion

21 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Glad you mentioned this sure I wasn't the only Saints fan (Worried/Gutted) about Davies injury and impact on the defence.

Baird has had a few dodgy moments in the past but has settled in great since Davies injury and really pleased for him as sometimes he has took alot of stick.

Baird has played well and Big Gary took his goal well yesterday too. Since Davis has been sidelined, at recent matches, I've been a bit prone to saying, tongue in cheek, Ether "Big Harry would have scored that" or "Big Harry would have cleared that".  Well Done McKenzie and Baird. Big Harry ain't available and you're stepping up to the plate. Good effort boys and that ain't tongue in cheek.

Who needs Steve McQueen and Charles Bronson when you've got Baird and McKenzie.

51-zVAQWD9L._SY445_.jpg

31 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Super Stelios

Stelios straight swap for Morgan ,Irvine back at left back 

easy decision 

So,on Ayr's 2nd goal, the charges are:

1. Stelios dived.

Absolute f**king nonsense, as anyone can see.

2. He should have hoofed it up the park instead of cutting inside. Someone even called that 'showboating'.

Again, pause the video at the moment he should supposedly have have cleared it. The Ayr player is already right on top of him, and there's every chance the clearance is getting blocked. Hence why, being a skilled footballer, he cuts inside instead, only to be flattened.

3. He should have got up quicker, and by not doing so he distracted O'Brien (:lol:).

That cross is coming in even if he gets up immediately, and he hasn't gone down voluntarily, he's been knocked down hard.

McGinn is telling him to get up, and O'Brien is telling him he should have cleared it (Starks Park, Billy? :whistle) Really, guys?

It all seems incredibly harsh. Why?

Is McGinn still reeling from Stelios labelling his voice as boring in that Sun article.:lol:

You can nit pick anything. What's Mallan doing at their 1st goal?

I'd prefer to focus on things like, which other full back at the club could have set up the key 3rd goal, etc.

6 minutes ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

O'Brien is telling him he should have cleared it (Starks Park, Billy? :whistle) Really, guys?

It all seems incredibly harsh. Why?

Feck, that's a bit harsh. The poor boy probably still has night mares about that one. Feck so do I!

Go easy on the boy FFS

4 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:

Feck, that's a bit harsh. The poor boy probably still has night mares about that one. Feck so do I!

Go easy on the boy FFS

context
ˈkɒntɛkst/   
noun

1. the circumstances that form the setting for an event, statement, or idea, and in terms of which it can be fully understood.

2 minutes ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

context
ˈkɒntɛkst/   
noun

1. the circumstances that form the setting for an event, statement, or idea, and in terms of which it can be fully understood.
TOP DEFINITION

Mainly virtual Westbank. (v) To use information (true or fictional) to provoke, tease or deceive. (v) To invent with the intent of conning. (n)A deceptive or provocative act. A "Wind-up merchant" is somebody who is disposed to wind others up, a  or prankster. Origin: from the act of winding a clock or other clockwork device.
Stelios tried to wind up the referee. Didnae work. O'Brien didnae clear the ba. feck knows what he was doing?

5 minutes ago, East Lothian Saint said:
TOP DEFINITION

Mainly virtual Westbank. (v) To use information (true or fictional) to provoke, tease or deceive. (v) To invent with the intent of conning. (n)A deceptive or provocative act. A "Wind-up merchant" is somebody who is disposed to wind others up, a  or prankster. Origin: from the act of winding a clock or other clockwork device.
Stelios tried to wind up the referee. Didnae work. O'Brien didnae clear the ba. feck knows what he was doing?

Yes, a bit cryptic. I was going ask you to clarify your intent. You never know with some of the wallopers around here.

The fact is, I f**king love Stelios and I'm sensitive when people pie him! :wub:

Just now, Dirty Sanchez said:

Yes, a bit cryptic. I was going ask you to clarify your intent. You never know with some of the wallopers around here.

The fact is, I f**king love Stelios and I'm sensitive when people pie him! :wub:

Stelios is my top man. I think his commitment is evident. That aside he was a bit theatrical after he went down. There was no way he could have stayed up but the hands on the face malarkey was OTT. He would be in my starting team every week though. Like you I'm a big fan.

Super Stelios 

Getting clattered into by a fat ned like Cairney must be the equivalent of getting hit by a bus at 40mph.

If Stelios came out of that challenge without broken bones and huge internal bleeding, I'd be surprised.

11 minutes ago, JM1 said:

Getting clattered into by a fat ned like Cairney must be the equivalent of getting hit by a bus at 40mph.

If Stelios came out of that challenge without broken bones and huge internal bleeding, I'd be surprised.

If you check it out you can see the fat pr88k run into Stelios and raise his arm in the process. Should have been carded and I'm pretty certain it would have hurt.

2 hours ago, JM1 said:

Shattered rib cage, maybe even a ruptured windpipe. 27 blood transfusions needed. Cairney's buses obviously at fault. Couldn't have hurt that much though because Stelios was rolling around holding his head. Maybe he was thinking feck "I should have cleared that" and was merely holding his head in dismay.

40mph what happened to 30mph in a built up area.

Look left and all that

Super Stelios