Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

40 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Just shows you how police standards have slipped when in 2008 police investigated this yet in 2022 they don't investigate the clear sectarian singing at the game during the minutes applause at the death of the queen. 

17 minutes ago, exiledfan said:

Just shows you how police standards have slipped when in 2008 police investigated this yet in 2022 they don't investigate the clear sectarian singing at the game during the minutes applause at the death of the queen. 

Racism from a small amount of idiots is more practical to deal with than trying to prosecute thousands of imbeciles singing sectarian songs. 

30 minutes ago, exiledfan said:

Hardly sectarian singing, rather refusal to applaud what to many is an offensive and unelected position.

30 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Racism from a small amount of idiots is more practical to deal with than trying to prosecute thousands of imbeciles singing sectarian songs. 

So the police should just go around solving the easy crimes?

1 hour ago, exiledfan said:

There was no sectarian singing during the minutes applause Watch it again and open your ears this time 

5 hours ago, faraway saint said:

I thought that was the case. Please note I never said I agreed with those fans views on his actual Irish heritage. 

I wonder if those fans received stadium bans for such abuse? 

Did John Needham receive a stadium ban for his derogatory comments towards The Rangers fans that ultimately led to a fine by the SFA?

That’s why I find the total stadium ban for Alan Wardrop rather odd and troubling. Double standards?

55 minutes ago, Albanian Buddy said:

I thought that was the case. Please note I never said I agreed with those fans views on his actual Irish heritage. 

I wonder if those fans received stadium bans for such abuse? 

Did John Needham receive a stadium ban for his derogatory comments towards The Rangers fans that ultimately led to a fine by the SFA?

That’s why I find the total stadium ban for Alan Wardrop rather odd and troubling. Double standards?

The racist behaviour was back in 2008, if the particular clowns weren't banned then they would be now.

Let's not mix up racist abuse and the Needham embarrassment or Aw's alleged stupidity. 

1 hour ago, Albanian Buddy said:

That does not mean that the abuse was unwarranted, discriminatory and should be condemned. 

But you undermine the harm of true racism by branding personal abuse as racist.  McGeady was abused all over Scotland for turning his back on his nation of birth to play for a nation that he was culturally more aligned to, a personal decision and not one based on his "race".  All of it was unnecessary as he turned out to be well short of the standard Scotland needed and also to be fairly injury prone

1 minute ago, beyond our ken said:

But you undermine the harm of true racism by branding personal abuse as racist.  McGeady was abused all over Scotland for turning his back on his nation of birth to play for a nation that he was culturally more aligned to, a personal decision and not one based on his "race".  All of it was unnecessary as he turned out to be well short of the standard Scotland needed and also to be fairly injury prone

He is only following his heritage. Same as Ray Houghton, Bernie Slaven and Tony Cascarino (🤥). 

McGeady was perfectly entitled under the international laws of the game to play for the RoI. 

He played 93 times for RoI and at two major tournaments which Scotland never qualified for. 

1 hour ago, Albanian Buddy said:

He is only following his heritage. Same as Ray Houghton, Bernie Slaven and Tony Cascarino (🤥). 

McGeady was perfectly entitled under the international laws of the game to play for the RoI. 

He played 93 times for RoI and at two major tournaments which Scotland never qualified for. 

Unlike Darren Fletcher and Davie Weir’s boys who have both disappointingly chosen to play for England. I only ask that players choose from their heart rather that what will benefit their career most. If you feel English you feel English. That’s fine by me. 

2 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Unlike Darren Fletcher and Davie Weir’s boys who have both disappointingly chosen to play for England. I only ask that players choose from their heart rather that what will benefit their career most. If you feel English you feel English. That’s fine by me. 

Agreed.

Our current goalie was perfectly happy to be considered by England for long enough.

IMG_3220.thumb.jpeg.3c7feadcd0c47d3c143ee6bdcad87ef3.jpeg

Stuart McCall initially chose to play for England (his birth nation) over Scotland. 
It is rather difficult for people to accuse McGeady when Scotland have taken advantage of the situation.
We have had many examples down the years made under the laws of the game. It’s hypocrisy by individuals who accuse McGeady of such treacherous behaviour.

I wonder whether they went to Hampden and abused Rioch, McCall, Gough and many others of turning their back on their specific country of birth. 

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

One of Darren Fletcher's sons has played for Scotland.

Darren Fletcher's twin sons line-up against each other in game between England and Scotland (sportbible.com)