jimdickloyal

Speculation Thread

On ‎8‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 1:49 PM, djchapsticks said:

Think there could be something to this:

Clubs who can easily out bid us like Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs and Stewart's former club Dundee aren't in the market for a centre forward anymore having all recently made signings.

A centre forward is an absolute priority for us.

Birmingham have told him to find a new club, interestingly when the English window is closed so he must be coming back up the road.

Hopefully we'll get a nice booster next week. :D 

More likely he wil be released from his contract if he gets a deal elsewhere, so he could be going anywhere

“Lee Hodson is closing in on a loan switch from Rangers to St Mirren.

The full back has fallen well down the pecking order under Steven Gerrard and hasn’t featured since the final game of last season before the new boss was appointed.

Now the Northern Ireland international is expected to be confirmed as a St Mirren player in the next 24 hours on a season-long loan deal.

Hodson would become the 20th player to leave Ibrox this summer as Gerrard goes about overhauling his squad.”

26 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:

“Lee Hodson is closing in on a loan switch from Rangers to St Mirren.

The full back has fallen well down the pecking order under Steven Gerrard and hasn’t featured since the final game of last season before the new boss was appointed.

Now the Northern Ireland international is expected to be confirmed as a St Mirren player in the next 24 hours on a season-long loan deal.

Hodson would become the 20th player to leave Ibrox this summer as Gerrard goes about overhauling his squad.”

I think that would be a decent signing, but why another loan? I'm assuming his wages may be an issue.

I think that would be a decent signing, but why another loan? I'm assuming his wages may be an issue.

It appears it would have to be a permanent transfer not a loan as we are only allowed 1 over 23 and Danny Rodgers is 24

Even if it somehow is a loan so what would you rather we gave someone like stelios a 1 year deal that won’t be as good.

What’s the difference from a 1 year permanent deal to a 1 year loan really don’t get people complaining.

We’ve missed the boat this year on getting pre contract deals this year due to the manager situation

21 minutes ago, Drew said:

The currant buns seem to dislike him intensely, so that's a good enough positive reference for me.

Full current international, went to the euros in 2016 with Northern Ireland - I'd say he's better qualified than our other full backs to help us in this league. Let's hope he proves it on the park. 

38 minutes ago, Big Jake said:

Must be the wrong type of Northern Irish emoji848.pngemoji849.png

I did read a tweet from one of them claiming that he "couldn't take the pressure against Celtic", so suspect you are probably spot on.

I did read a tweet from one of them claiming that he "couldn't take the pressure against Celtic", so suspect you are probably spot on.

He might play for N Ireland but he’s actually English.

He qualifies through a granny.

I therefore doubt he is disliked because of any sectarian connections.

1 hour ago, Wendy Saintss said:

He might play for N Ireland but he’s actually English.

He qualifies through a granny.

I therefore doubt he is disliked because of any sectarian connections.

A small fact like that will be irrelevant to the hordes. They'll find something. 

Edited by munoz

This from    'This is is Futbol'.....

OPINION

Hodson has never really had much of a chance at Ibrox, with just 27 appearances across all competitions since he was signed by Mark Warburton over two years ago. However he hasn’t had much of a chance because he is not at all good – and as one fan points out “truly awful”. The Northern Ireland international is now in the final year of his contract and this loan deal effectively means that St Mirren are paying a chunk of his wages before he is free to leave Ibrox. It’s a good piece of business by Steven Gerrard and Mark Allen, who have probably struggled to arouse any serious interest in the player for a permanent deal. These Gers fans seem happy that he is going anyway, with some of them suggesting that his move away from Govan has been well overdue. It should have happened last year but Pedro Caixinha’s squad management will no doubt go down as one of the worst in Ibrox history.

Edited by Buddie Marvelous

14 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Probably wasn’t happy when he realised that David Martindale was actually running the show!

Wonder if David Hopkin will return or if Martindale will give up the pretence and just appoint himself as manager?

They will struggle to appoint someone outwith who is willing to not being able to appoint his own coaching staff. Was very surprised Miller took the job without at least one backroom member of staff, someone he trusts in the game, like a former team mate. I see Yogi has came out and had a go at Livy for the way they have went about things.

17 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Probably wasn’t happy when he realised that David Martindale was actually running the show!

Wonder if David Hopkin will return or if Martindale will give up the pretence and just appoint himself as manager?

The local rag journalist from West Lothian has just tweeted that Hopkin has ruled himself out of the running for another deal with Martindale.:ph34r: