jimdickloyal

Speculation Thread

3 hours ago, Radar said:

Except when he's a customer of course!!! :whistle

Hello Dicko. I was wondering what guise you would re-emerge under.

You have come here "under the radar" username. Nice pun. Was that intentional?

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

You are trying to discretise something which is a continuum.

That is the fundamental flaw right there.

Certainly not.....pointing out that this is how the mechanism operates. When the growth in fan Base happens there is a delay in conversion to monetisation unless something exceptional happens...like winning a league or cup or making "marquee" signings. The system also works in reverse.  At present we have more customers including opposition fans and friends of St Mirren Fans . At least one of mine has bought a season ticket.

3 hours ago, whydowebother said:

Only if you take a bag of messages for the collection :P

Complete with receipt for both photographable proof of your goodness and also because it could a tax deductible expense. :P

You can be both "good" and fiscally responsible you know. No wonder Ricky is proud of himself. 

5 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Certainly not.....pointing out that this is how the mechanism operates. When the growth in fan Base happens there is a delay in conversion to monetisation unless something exceptional happens...like winning a league or cup or making "marquee" signings. The system also works in reverse.  At present we have more customers including opposition fans and friends of St Mirren Fans . At least one of mine has bought a season ticket.

Really? You feel it's necessary to mansplain how ticket money feeds through to a club do you?

2 minutes ago, Ronnie said:
7 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:
Rumour has it that we enquired about Christie and Allan at Celtic. 

Yes along with half the team's in the SPL.

Can't / Won't argue with that.

Hayes would be interesting. 

Edited by St.Ricky

3 hours ago, oaksoft said:

You are trying to discretise something which is a continuum and you are tying yourself in knots as a result.

That is the fundamental flaw in your argument right there.

Not everything needs a label.

Discretise? I had to Google that to make sure it was a word.

You're right, not everything needs a label. Apart from you, you show offy prick.

4 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Rumour has it that we enquired about Christie and Allan at Celtic. 

We enquired about Allan before the season started . Allan , apparently , was all for it as he likes working with Stubbs , but money was the deciding factor , again !

3 hours ago, billyg said:

We enquired about Allan before the season started . Allan , apparently , was all for it as he likes working with Stubbs , but money was the deciding factor , again !

Thanks. Hard fact of life it seems

9 hours ago, Hendo said:

Discretise? I had to Google that to make sure it was a word.

You're right, not everything needs a label. Apart from you, you show offy prick.

I keep forgetting to dumb down my language so as not to cause stupid people to feel bad about themselves.

Sorry about that.

5 hours ago, billyg said:

If only we had more season ticket holders........

9 hours ago, Hendo said:

Apparently so, means to represent. Why he didn't just say represent I have no idea.

Because it would have made no f**king sense whatsoever to have done so, you absolute walloper.

It means to turn something into discrete quantities rather than a continuum.

Are there seriously people out there who don't know the difference? :lol:

The outside temperature would be an example of a continuum. It can have any value.

The number of brain cells rattling around in your skull on the other hand would be a discrete quantity because you could physically count them both.

Instead of berating people, you could show some gratitude for the free education you are getting.

It is not cool to be thick. Never has been.

Edited by oaksoft

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

If only we had more season ticket holders........

Correct. Though,  if we did have another couple of thousand season ticket holders, I'm not sure I'd want to see it spunked on Allan.