The Club Buy Out - 10000 Hours

gotta say thanks to the wee cliche of people prepared to join in the round of personal insults, name calling and threats. nice touch boys but fortunately i saw threw all that at school many years ago.

as my dear old mum used to say, don;t let the bullies win.

so i would expect another round of the secret society threats and insults in response, me i'll take the grown up route and leave you to your own method. but definetly not going away :lol:

Awesome stuff there.

Your dear old Mum would be very proud :rolleyes:

I'd like to meet a cliche of people. Do they just take it one post at a time and set their stall out early doors? Sick as parrots the lot of em'.

They are hard to beat though and make it difficult for the opposition. Over the moon when they win too.

But it's not just the support they'd be marketing themselves to, there would be a sort of business networking going on. For example business A offers a service that business B needs and possibly ofers a discount to other CiC members. From the community side you could have something like a St Mirren credit union offering it's services to the 300+ supporters who are members - it all depends on what type of businesses and community schemes get involved how it would work.

Sounds like the Masons :P

Guest somner9

thanks again for the added insults. nice to see we can discuss things here in an open and candid way.

dont get where the thinly veiled threat is re my second post?

i was expressing an opinion that if the poster that had replied sought to fire off insults at everyone he disagreed with/slighted someone connected with the club, then he would be a brave boy as that amounts to a heck of a lot of posts on here when people let off steam.

hopefully the post where the guy said something about battering people, and the post about people on Job seekers allowance won't deter anyone in that situation from posting and ignoring that type of belittling.

ref my original comment about how Richard Atkinson used a recollection about glasgow ladies football club in a press interview regarding the takeover of the football club i love. i still maintain it was at best naive, at worst ill prepared. or you could refer to my original comment :o

right bored now, time to toast "Hat-Trick Higdon" :D

thanks again for the added insults. nice to see we can discuss things here in an open and candid way.

dont get where the thinly veiled threat is re my second post?

i was expressing an opinion that if the poster that had replied sought to fire off insults at everyone he disagreed with/slighted someone connected with the club, then he would be a brave boy as that amounts to a heck of a lot of posts on here when people let off steam.

hopefully the post where the guy said something about battering people, and the post about people on Job seekers allowance won't deter anyone in that situation from posting and ignoring that type of belittling.

ref my original comment about how Richard Atkinson used a recollection about glasgow ladies football club in a press interview regarding the takeover of the football club i love. i still maintain it was at best naive, at worst ill prepared. or you could refer to my original comment :o

right bored now, time to toast "Hat-Trick Higdon" :D

It was entirely in context with what Atkinson was talking about. If he hadn't been looking into doing something with them then he wouldn't have discovered that St.Mirren were looking for a buyer. There was nothing remotely belittling about what he said. It was just his version of the chain of events that led him to the stage he's at now.

I don't really understand what you are having a go at the guy for there? :unsure:

Guest somner9

It was entirely in context with what Atkinson was talking about. If he hadn't been looking into doing something with them then he wouldn't have discovered that St.Mirren were looking for a buyer. There was nothing remotely belittling about what he said. It was just his version of the chain of events that led him to the stage he's at now.

I don't really understand what you are having a go at the guy for there? :unsure:

thanks for not starting/ending with a pop

if i look at his interviews objectively you know you just don't want him to say something like "I was only thinking of GLFC the other day when BAM! i thought i'd mount a CIC on st mirren!" we get the pee-soup taken out of us in so many other ways we don't need to give ammo for a new one.

still will be interesting to see if there are enough individuals/companies willing to dig deep? i suspect the companies will be a harder sell than the punters

thanks for not starting/ending with a pop

if i look at his interviews objectively you know you just don't want him to say something like "I was only thinking of GLFC the other day when BAM! i thought i'd mount a CIC on st mirren!" we get the pee-soup taken out of us in so many other ways we don't need to give ammo for a new one.

But that's not what he said, he said he initially contacted St. Mirren about Glasgow City playing at Ralston and his interest stemmed from there. And I don't see how being associated with Glasgow Ladies would encourage others to rip the pish - they are arguably the best Ladies team in Scotland....unless you're taking a sexist view there??

It seems to everyone on here you're just looking at cheap shots to get at Atkinson instead of having an open mind.

Sounds like the Masons :P

It does - but with several flaws. See at least in the Masons you can't just join. An existing member has to vouch for you. Under this system, as described by Bud 77, any business can join so long as they can pay £10,000 per annum to St Mirren. Now I know I'm pretty negative about everything St Mirren, but I don't think I know any business owners who would pay £10,000 for access to a network on companies who don't come recommended, with credit checks, or with their work being checked - especially when they could get the same contact by surfing the internet or opening up a copy of the yellow pages.

If this is going to be a success it's going to have to offer something that will represent value for money to both spectators and to the businesses alike. The old 500 club didn't cost £10,000 per annum and it came with access to it's own lounge and match day tickets. They are going to have to offer way more than that IMO.

It does - but with several flaws. See at least in the Masons you can't just join. An existing member has to vouch for you. Under this system, as described by Bud 77, any business can join so long as they can pay £10,000 per annum to St Mirren. Now I know I'm pretty negative about everything St Mirren, but I don't think I know any business owners who would pay £10,000 for access to a network on companies who don't come recommended, with credit checks, or with their work being checked - especially when they could get the same contact by surfing the internet or opening up a copy of the yellow pages.

If this is going to be a success it's going to have to offer something that will represent value for money to both spectators and to the businesses alike. The old 500 club didn't cost £10,000 per annum and it came with access to it's own lounge and match day tickets. They are going to have to offer way more than that IMO.

Took some time before, during and after today's game to ask a few business owners I know if they would be putting in £10,000 to the CIC scheme. Many currently sponsor a shirt, take a track-side ad, take corporate hospitality several times a year, attend the club dinners etc etc.

None will be paying into the scheme. Not one sees how this can work. Some have registered to get more info. One sees it as a potential scam. All are concerned that the future of the Club is at stake. Most are really concerned by the lack of detail provided by the CIC 'sponsors'.

All would be happy to see SG and Co. get their money back out of the Club but not at the expense of its potential demise. Those that are shareholders feel they will be marginalized even more than they are now.

Be interesting to find out what you would get in return for 10 grand a year.

It will. It'll be interesting to hear all the details. About raising the 2 million, about loans and grants, about the membership benefits, about how it all works.

I also spoke to half a dozen or so people about it today. All of them said they were open minded about it all, and weren't jumping to conclusions one way or another. Many of them said that in light of the r*ngers financial issues in the media this week, then they thought the CIC plan was worth learning more about.

Sounds fair enough to me.

Took some time before, during and after today's game to ask a few business owners I know if they would be putting in £10,000 to the CIC scheme. Many currently sponsor a shirt, take a track-side ad, take corporate hospitality several times a year, attend the club dinners etc etc.

None will be paying into the scheme. Not one sees how this can work. Some have registered to get more info. One sees it as a potential scam. All are concerned that the future of the Club is at stake. Most are really concerned by the lack of detail provided by the CIC 'sponsors'.

All would be happy to see SG and Co. get their money back out of the Club but not at the expense of its potential demise. Those that are shareholders feel they will be marginalized even more than they are now.

What did you tell them they would get for their £10K that allowed them to make the informed decision at this point to not pay into the scheme ? :unsure::blink:

Yes, briefly. He suspects he may have a degree of difficulty in retrieving his cash if in say the middle of year two the scheme collapses.

And that's a scam, how? :blink:

That would simply be a failed initiative, would it not?

Edited by Drew

For your 10 grand do you get some sort of commercial package (boards corporate etc) or do you just get a pat on the back and membership card to the 10000 hours social network club?

We'll surely learn the answer when the information pack is made available, and the shareholder / public meetings take place!

Just wondering if anyone knows the answer just now since a number of companies have already signed up?

I'm guessing that any corporate guys who have signed up are keeping Shhh! about it until after the scheme is actually up and running? You know what'll happen if they start talking... Motherwell will sign them.

What did you tell them they would get for their £10K that allowed them to make the informed decision at this point to not pay into the scheme ? :unsure::blink:

I did not tell them anything.

It's been up to you, Mr. A and Co. to provide that kind of information, and you have all failed to do so. No one can see anything on offer so far which would make them part with their hard earned cash, and they can't think of anything else which could.

I find it hard to see anything that would make me part with £10 a month let alone £10,000 a year.

Edited by animal

I did not tell them anything.

It's been up to you, Mr. A and Co. to provide that kind of information, and you have all failed to do so. No one can see anything on offer so far which would make them part with their hard earned cash, and they can't think of anything else which could.

I find it hard to see anything that would make me part with £10 a month let alone £10,000 a year.

What's it got to do with me :unsure::blink:

Have you read what it says on the 10,000 Hours website ?

I'm pretty sure it mentions that they will be sending information about the scheme out week beginning April 11th.

If you want to know how it works you know what to do.

Yes, briefly. He suspects he may have a degree of difficulty in retrieving his cash if in say the middle of year two the scheme collapses.

Retrieving his cash? Pretty obvious he hasn't read up on this much. It's an investment, not a loan.

Oh and do you really, seriously, find it hard to see that putting your £10 a month will make the finances better even just a little bit? Do you fail to see the cummulative effect of at least 299 people doing the same? Do you fail to see that you come on here and complain or demand, yet by being part of the CIC you'd have the chance to actually bring change about and get some proposals through?