The Club Buy Out - 10000 Hours

Mr Atkinson, as part of the Board, has already lied to St Mirren Supporters.

He is not a St Mirren Supporter.

The whole scenario worries me.

Sensible Saints Fans needed to run our Club.

We are now a multi million pound experiment which could go tits up and leave our Club DEAD. :angry:

We are now a multi million pound experiment which could go tits up and leave our Club DEAD. :angry:

He is now.

I was dragged to see c*ltic twice when I was a nipper by an uncle. My dad took me to see the mighty Johnstone Burgh when I was wee. I wasn't a St Mirren fan until the first day of the 1976/77 season, when I was browsing in the old Listen record shop across from the museum, and two Saints fans were in. One of them turned to his mate and said "Look at the time, better get down to Love Street!" - I decided, on the spot, to go too, as I had nothing to do that day. I stood on the North Bank, liked it, came back the next time, and kept coming. It was a 1-1 draw with East Fife. Both goals were own goals.... it was pish. B)

We all had to start somewhere. :P

Despite what he said in the papers last week, I have been told he is not even a football fan.

Had a look at the website of the organisation we've apparently applied to for cash. The maximum repayment period is 10 years, meaning we'd need to repay back £800,000 inside a decade (if the Mail story is accurate). There is also the potential of interest at 8 per cent, although this can be written off if they feel we've met certain aims.

Also noticed one of the case studies was our old pals Spartans and their youth academy :rolleyes:

Edited by Stu

Hopefully most pf the 300+ members will be sensible Saints fans. You should join, you could put a proposal forward for part time football, lower gate prices and a change of caterers. You could also put yourself forward for chairman.

Sorry to mix up your threads DIV but I think this is also a valid comment for this one

On another thread you said :-

""None of the community stuff that is happening just now has anything to do with the CIC, it's been going on for years.""

Why should it not have something to do with the CIC ?

You have raised an interesting point in my mind. Why does the CIC not seem to involve the local Council who I understand have put hundreds of thousands of pounds into the community football schemes via St. Mirren ? Why are Mr. Atkinson and Co. not asking the Council to take part in his scheme - I don't see their logo on the 10,000 hours web site. Could it be that the Council have enough lawyers and accountants to hand that they might see the potential flaws in the scheme ???

Sorry to mix up your threads DIV but I think this is also a valid comment for this one

""None of the community stuff that is happening just now has anything to do with the CIC, it's been going on for years.""

You have raised an interesting point in my mind. Why does the CIC not seem to involve the local Council who I understand have put hundreds of thousands of pounds into the community football schemes via St. Mirren ? Why are Mr. Atkinson and Co. not asking the Council to take part in his scheme - I don't see their logo on the 10,000 hours web site. Could it be that the Council have enough lawyers and accountants to hand that they might see the potential flaws in the scheme ???

I was under the impression that public sector organisations were not allowed to be a part of CICs

They will be part of CIC once and if it goes through :)

If the cic does go ahead as I suspect it will then st mirren fc will have st mirren supporters elected from the cic membership to the board.

I am sure at least two of the recent board members were not st mirren fans.

If the cic does go ahead as I suspect it will then st mirren fc will have st mirren supporters elected from the cic membership to the board.

I am sure at least two of the recent board members were not st mirren fans.

Brother Bob for starters :lol:

As I have said on the other thread, the CIC currently does not exist, how on earth could it be responsible for all the good work the club is currently doing in the community ? :blink:

As I have said on the other thread, the CIC currently does not exist, how on earth could it be responsible for all the good work the club is currently doing in the community ? :blink:

Perhaps we need to stick to one thread but as I said on the other one :-

Yes I know the CIC does not even 'exist' yet, but Stathclyde Police, Reid Kerr seem to be quoted on the web site and I assume have been asked to take part in the CIC. So why not the Council who I suspect put lots of money into the Club's community activities. It forces me to ask the question - Why have the Council not been invited to get involved ? Or have they ?

It is very hard to make out the logos on the 10,000 web site but I also don't seem to see Braehead - the Club's major sponsor. Why might that be ?

Perhaps we need to stick to one thread but as I said on the other one :-

Yes I know the CIC does not even 'exist' yet, but Stathclyde Police, Reid Kerr seem to be quoted on the web site and I assume have been asked to take part in the CIC. So why not the Council who I suspect put lots of money into the Club's community activities. It forces me to ask the question - Why have the Council not been invited to get involved ? Or have they ?

It is very hard to make out the logos on the 10,000 web site but I also don't seem to see Braehead - the Club's major sponsor. Why might that be ?

I've no idea and I've no idea.

Hopefully most pf the 300+ members will be sensible Saints fans. You should join, you could put a proposal forward for part time football, lower gate prices and a change of caterers. You could also put yourself forward for chairman.

Part Time football and lower gate prices could only be achieved if all 40 Clubs were in agreement to do it.

Hopefully the Old firm would be booted tae f*ck also.

Changing the Caterers wouldn't be a problem.

Whether or not RA is a St.Mirren fan is irrelevant. I think the chances of a private sector buy-out made up of Saints fan(s) is somewhat remote. Those who are have had their chance(s) and have been rejected by the current BoD. There doesn't appear to be any other wedged up Buds waiting in the wings.

I'm not doubting Richard's intentions (what is in it for him to f*ck it up other than a high profile shambles attached to his reputation ?!!). I'm not convinced by a lot of the spin and PR that has emerged in recent weeks, some of it contradictory. Nonetheless, it is beyond the control of anyone on here (I think), and we can only register sensible questions on the forum for a healthy debate.......but get a sense of perspective: it is not the fans that will cause this to fail - the financial numbers from the B&W Army are great, but not critical. It is the private sector investment that is key. RA seems like a persuasive, slick operator, with a nice line in spin.....so I wouldn't put it beyond him to reign in the corporate backers. But for people to already to suggest that if the CIC fails then the fans can be blamed...well, that seems a bit off the mark.

Bearing in kind the global access of t'internet, I could see the 300 target of fans at £10/month being easily met. For example, it would give exiled Buds a heightened sense of involvement in club affairs, and an ability to contribute towards the club even if they cannot regularly pay at the gate. I spend more than £10 in 48 hours on B&H, so this is a win/win for me !Yes, Div, that is the sound of a wallet being opened on t'moors.....