Poor R*ngers Theads Merged.....

bluto

There will be tears .......alot of them .......But only if you support the team who have cheated for more than 20yrs. This newco deal will not happen. Duff and Phelps are now playing the blame game and the body language of Paul Clark is of a man who has obviously lost! Duff and Phelps are now trying to protect themselves from blame for the worst Admin in history. They have screwed up big time and Rang*rs will only be able to compete under administration or not at all next season.

There will be tears .......alot of them .......But only if you support the team who have cheated for more than 20yrs. This newco deal will not happen. Duff and Phelps are now playing the blame game and the body language of Paul Clark is of a man who has obviously lost! Duff and Phelps are now trying to protect themselves from blame for the worst Admin in history. They have screwed up big time and Rang*rs will only be able to compete under administration or not at all next season.

Any chance you could explain what you mean?

Any chance you could explain what you mean?

It's straightforward.

Diouf and Fiddler have neither liquidated nor sold off the club in administration. It's currently going through due diligence to become a newco with someone who has a lot of hurdles to overcome.

There's no chance this most recent ploy will get a new Miller Rongers playing in SPHell.

I severely doubt funds will be available for them even to limp along in administration... Even if admin continuing was a possibility.

Oh dear. How sad. Never mind.

The report that all SPL chairmen are to be involved in the vote about Rangers situation and a potential backlash seems to me to speak volumes. If they vote against Rangers we know well how their fans will react. If they vote against they know how the fans of all the other clubs will react. I think the SPL chairmen fully intend to vote to keep Rangers in the league no matter what. UEFA might have something to say but I wouldn't hold my breath. Does anyone know if it is in the gift of the SPL and the club chairmen to do that? Could it be contested in the courts?

If the article in today's Sunday Mail by Gordon Waddell is accurate, if the SPL let newco Rangers into the league next year they have no powers to punish them. The vote has to be simply yes or no with no strings attached. It's there online so you can all make of it what you like. We already had more or less come to the conclusion that all SPL club chairmen can be bought and moral considerations are only for honest people but if they were going into that meeting with that knowledge and were still prepared to let them in, then may they rot in hell. We, the fans, are worthy of no consideration. There's a surprise.

As the Mainstream Scottish Media colluded with decades of cover-ups at Ibrokes and as they have consistently been there to clean the Hvn rear-end, whenever it deigned to crap on the wee diddy clubs, there can be no Buddies on the planet who are at all surprised to learn of yet another PR exercise by those apologies for journalists.

Two things...

What was Scottish fitba to do, other than implode, when Hvns and Tics exited for England or the Atlantic league? Did THEY care...?

And...

If (by some miracle that I cannot fathom...)... If there were a "suitably punished" Ringers in SPL next season, and due to the 'swingeing punishments' they failed to be triumphalistically victorious, indeed if they were faced with relegation.... Would the SPHell chairmen then vote for another of their number to bite the bullet for Ringers, cos, ye know, Scottish fitba cannae get by withoot Ra Lads playing at The Big Hoose...

And will Sky have pulled out by that time cos there had been no Old Scum tv matches since the split...?

It's all madness. Doing the right thing would be the simple, as well as the correct, thing. All else recalls... Oh what a tangled web we weave....

Edited by bluto

Talking to my mate (R*ngers fan) last night, some guy as done some research into Bill Millar and found out he lives in a small town of a population around 650. The town is famous for its golf course. Bill Millar is a member as is Alistair Johnson (ex RFC chairman) huh.png

And...

If (by some miracle that I cannot fathom...)... If there were a "suitably punished" Ringers in SPL next season, and due to the 'swingeing punishments' they failed to be triumphalistically victorious, indeed if they were faced with relegation.... Would the SPHell chairmen then vote for another of their number to bite the bullet for Ringers, cos, ye know, Scottish fitba cannae get by withoot Ra Lads playing at The Big Hoose...

And will Sky have pulled out by that time cos there had been no Old Scum tv matches since the split...?

It's all madness. Doing the right thing would be the simple, as well as the correct, thing. All else recalls... Oh what a tangled web we weave....

This is the bit that really bugs me too. What if Rangers or Celtic get into a position that they could be relegated. We would basically be setting a precedent that would allow them to dodge future relegation, based purely on the tagline "Scottish football needs them in the top league". That is utterly disgraceful.

I may be wrong here but is it not just the SPL board members that vote on letting Rangers into the SPL i.e. NOT the individual club chairmen. If this is true then St Mirren and most other clubs wouldn't even get a say in the matter? Celtic, Dundee Utd and St Johnstone have members on the SPL board but the rest of the clubs will just have to abide by the decision that is made.

Jason Brown will be the talk of the lodge this week:

Aberdeen goalkeeper Jason Brown believes Rangers should be punished for their financial misdemeanours.

The wegiescumbag giants are currently trying to get out of administration after naming US businessman Bill Miller as the preferred bidder to taker majority shareholding from Craig Whyte who was at the helm when the club fell into their current situation.

Many have called for ‘Gers to be relegated to Scotland’s Division Three whilst some feel they need to be kept in the Scottish Premier League with Dons gloveman Brown one of those feeling they need to be duly punished.

“I don’t think they should be given any special dispensation. If they’ve broken the rules, they should be punished,” Brown told Record “They say you need the Old Firm for revenue but how long are you going to carry on?

“They are just getting bigger and the rest of the clubs are getting smaller. How long can it go on with the money always going to Celtic and Rangers for finishing in the top two?

“If you or me don’t pay taxes, what happens? If you don’t pay, you have to be punished. That’s life. Who cares who they are?

“If Rangers have a couple of years out the SPL it gives others an opportunity.

“It’s difficult for people to invest due to the global economy but this is an opportunity and a club of Aberdeen’s size needs to try to take it.

“The fans need it, the club needs it. It has to happen as you can’t keep making excuses.”

Edited by St. Sid

I see they have delayed a decision on financial fair play till may the 30th about time the spineless bastards made a decision and ended this saga.

i would probably have done the same in their position - as nobody knows whether it's a newco thats coming or not, so if a decision was made then those who are deciding on ownership of that club will have the ability to decide a plan of action, this way they know nothing about future financial fair play restrictions and have to decide before being told what it means for them

He blames the reaction of the Rangers fans ..........Well done ya dafties .........

Part of what he said in statement...

He added: "Having no intention of negatively affecting the potential outcome of the club's future and after hearing the message from Rangers supporters and fans loud and clear (‘Yank go home!’), I notified the administrators today that I have withdrawn my bid for Rangers and will not be moving forward".

This whole situation is becoming more tedious and sounding more and more like Jabba the Hutt's Court with each passing day. If this was a patient connected to a Life Support system, I reckon the Doctor would have pulled the plug by now. I wish it could all be brought to a head ASAP and we can all move on. It's time to round up the old Rebel Alliance and make the Death Star burn for good. I have "A New Hope", so to speak.

Edited by Obi-Wan Ben Kenobi