Two Days Left. Time To Decide, Or To Roll The Dice

div

Sid spins so much bollox that I wouldn't be surprised if he was the first to join then wind a few people up.

Perhaps we should start a poll, has sid joined or is he serious for once in his mad life?

My money is that he has joined and has decided to do what he does best and wind a few people up.

If we're short of 87's and 77's wouldn't a better tactic be for everyone to start highlighting reasons why businesses should want to be involved? £25,000 is a lot of money in the current economic climate - but if you can show a how a business can get value for money on at least part of that deal it might become a no brainer.

25k is alot of money, im the kind of guys that they should be targeting, but its out my price range really, if it was 3 or 4 grand and there were obvious benefits, then it would be worthwhile, but 25k is just too steep and also too elite.

Are the selling consortium not taken out the 25k one thats 5 and im sure GLS and REA Will have taken one so i think they might only be looking for two more as they were only looking for nine only my thoughts right enough.only 10.000 will know the answer to that one.

25k is alot of money, im the kind of guys that they should be targeting, but its out my price range really, if it was 3 or 4 grand and there were obvious benefits, then it would be worthwhile, but 25k is just too steep and also too elite.

I think 87 club is £3k.

I think there is always going to be concern about members leaving the CIC, either because of changes in circumstance, or perhaps because they maybe vote against a key issue but the other members carry it and they take the huff !

The £9.5k per month that has currently been pledged comes from 803 individual people, I still think that many more will join up after the deal is done once they see that the CIC really does own the club and the members really do get consulted on key decisions.

With 3,000 season ticket holders alone, I'd hope we could end up with a couple of thousand members in the fullness of time.

That would mean we could pay off the borrowing a lot quicker than is currently estimated, saving us a lot of money and greatly reducing the risk of financial difficulties through member drop outs.

Also imagine the scenario where we had say 2000 members each paying in £10 per month and the debt was cleared. The members would have £20k per month coming in to the organisation and would be free to spend it on whatever they wished. Think of the good that could do the football club !

Of course that is a long way off, and there is also the possibility that the members might decide to lower the subs once the debt was paid off.

I think the scenario you describe is entirely possible Div. As I said elsewhere I've funded WWW 98's membership. If the benefits of membership are tangible and can be shown to the committee then we've got 14 other teams who would do the same. That equates to 280 registered football players all needing footballs, football boots, training kit, home and away kit, tracksuits, kit bags, shin pads, training shoes, rain jackets etc, and 64 coaches all needing coaches jackets, tracksuits, trainers, tactics boards etc. Each of our kids also have parents, grandparents and siblings as well who will also have a requirement for some sort of sports equipment at some point.

In our division we've got 12 teams in our league each with the exact same requirements and our 14 teams are spread over different leagues in different age groups many of whom visit out club website at some point during the football season - and there's three other users on B&W Army that I know of who are involved in running kids teams across different leagues from Paisley to Romford.

Now if only there was a sports goods retailer with a team wear manufacturing division with the ability to supply a good range of quality sportswear in shops up and down the country that could get interested enough to be able to offer the kind of tangible benefits (discounts) that would return value for money to clubs like ours, then 10000hours would be in a position of being able to offer the corporate client a sufficiently large enough amount of business to deliver a return on their £25k membership, whilst also benefiting it's community members, and benefiting the club to in that volume purchase discounts would be much larger for St Mirren FC kit, and even better with all those properly SFA qualified coaches at all those community clubs having a link to the club there would be a natural, free, national scouting network immediately in place.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

No value in it for me LS. If I spend money there has to be something in it for me. The CIC doesn't offer me anything. I don't drink so the bar is a waste of time. The community slant is all but dead so there's no warm fuzzy feeling to be gained from doing good. As a miser I wouldn't spend a single tenner on it, never mind 10 years worth of tenners.

I've bought my season ticket and that'll do me.

laugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png

Sorry Marrez, missed this earlier.

The £25k is a lot of money but it depends on who your clients are and how you see it impressing them.

Would your clients be impressed by the fact that you were a non-exec director of an SPL club? Would they be interested in accompanying you to a match and being your guest in the directors box with all the free food and drink that comes with that? Would they be the kind of person who would be impressed at you showing them around the stadium before sitting down for a coffee in the lounge or gathering for a meeting in the club boardroom? Do you offer a product or service where the club becomes a client, or where 10000hours becomes a client?

If so then paying out £25k to get 1,877 shares - which you could eventually sell - supposedly valued at £13.10 per share (or £24,588) might seem like good business and better value for money than the £3k level.

I think there is always going to be concern about members leaving the CIC, either because of changes in circumstance, or perhaps because they maybe vote against a key issue but the other members carry it and they take the huff !

The £9.5k per month that has currently been pledged comes from 803 individual people, I still think that many more will join up after the deal is done once they see that the CIC really does own the club and the members really do get consulted on key decisions.

With 3,000 season ticket holders alone, I'd hope we could end up with a couple of thousand members in the fullness of time.

That would mean we could pay off the borrowing a lot quicker than is currently estimated, saving us a lot of money and greatly reducing the risk of financial difficulties through member drop outs.

Also imagine the scenario where we had say 2000 members each paying in £10 per month and the debt was cleared. The members would have £20k per month coming in to the organisation and would be free to spend it on whatever they wished. Think of the good that could do the football club !

Of course that is a long way off, and there is also the possibility that the members might decide to lower the subs once the debt was paid off.

REA has stated on more than one occasion at CIC meetings that ideally,in time, membership should be free.

REA has stated on more than one occasion at CIC meetings that ideally,in time, membership should be free.

And perhaps it might be, but at the risk of being a bit of a cliche, it will be up to the members to decide wink.png

Does anyone have any idea if and when a statement will be made about the viability or otherwise of this deal?

10000 Hours are getting out the abacus today to see what kind of offer they will be able to make. With the increase in fan subscriptions and missing the numbers on the corporate bawbags they may need to rejig the offer.

The lump sum payments are down. The fan memberships are being used to fund the £500,000.00 loan. I guess that means they either look for additional finance based on the additional numbers or they will need to defer some more of the initial lump sum to the consortium.

10000 Hours are getting out the abacus today to see what kind of offer they will be able to make. With the increase in fan subscriptions and missing the numbers on the corporate bawbags they may need to rejig the offer.

The lump sum payments are down. The fan memberships are being used to fund the £500,000.00 loan. I guess that means they either look for additional finance based on the additional numbers or they will need to defer some more of the initial lump sum to the consortium.

Sid go and pollute another thread as your not signing up for 10000hours, your a grade A knob

Sid Have you signed up yet, Are you in the know regarding the 87 and 1877 categories and speaking authoritively or are you just expressing an opinion..

Sid go and pollute another thread as your not signing up for 10000hours, your a grade A knob

I am merely trying to keep you excitable types feet on the ground. There's still a few obstacles to overcome. We've already been in this position where the fans have oversubscribed and the deal couldn't be done.

We should now be asking what the implications are of this - will it mean the debt will be paid off quicker, or does it mean more debt will be sought to make up the shortfall from the commercial / corporate bawbags? Perfectly reasonable points for us to discuss.

Sid Have you signed up yet, Are you in the know regarding the 87 and 1877 categories and speaking authoritively or are you just expressing an opinion..

There was a suggestion that it might be the case in a Herald article that someone else posted elsewhere. GMac(?), the Herald journo appears to be getting fed info by 10000 Hours and I doubt he would speculate - although the suggestion in the article is that more fan members will help counter the shortfall from the other two memberships....so it may just be more immoral marketing to get the numbers up.

...and no, I haven't signed up. £10-a-month gets you a subscription to Anne-Diamonds-cluggiest-toe-nail-clippings.com - which offers far better value.

Commercial / corporate 'bawbags' have sponsored St Mirren down the years and greatly helped the club, in areas such as shirt sponsorship, trackside advertising, programme advertising, sponsoring players, taking tables in CKs matchday suite, helping sell out the Premier Dinner at the Normandy, contributing greatly to long-serving players testimonial events, or, or...

Some of these 'bawbags' are known to me and they are every bit as passionate about St Mirren as an ST holder, a pay-at-the-gate punter, or those far-flung Buds' who cannot get to as many matches as they would love to.

In this economic climate, it's a tough task to sell 3k or 25k packages to these 'bawbags' - who rightly have to look at the baw-bees as the rest of us do. It wouldn't surprise me at all if the 'bawbag' take-up is lower than hoped, but the overall momentum gained so far gives me hope that a deal can be done. Individual memberships are on a roll - I'm convinced that the corporate 'bawbag' sign-ups would increase if the CIC launches. The same applies to individual take-up too of course.

Hopefully the selling consortium can see the momentum gained, and a deal can be brokered to get the ball rolling in earnest.