Imrie Gone

Why is it that when a player not deemed good enough or is surplus to requirements always going to come back and haunt us. Other than Richard Brittain can you give me 3 former players who have come back with another team and scored against us or proved us wrong?

Edited by billyg

Why is it that when a player not deemed good enough or is surplus to requirements always going to come back and haunt us. Other than Richard Brittain can you give me 3 former players who have come back with another team and scored against us or proved us wrong?

I hate the quote feature on this site now , I had drawn up a list of players who came back to haunt us but I can't be arsed typing it out again. Can we not go back to the idiot proof quoting of the past ? thumbdown.gif

Agreed, good post. whistling.gif

PS he sure as hell signed Steven Thompson.

Awful example. A striker with Thompson's pedigree knocks on the door of the club saying I want to come back to Scotland and play for my boyhood heroes. DL would have had to have been mental not to sign him.

DL was sure as hell responsible for signing Gowser would have been a better example.

Edited by ds10

Awful example. A striker with Thompson's pedigree knocks on the door of the club saying I want to come back to Scotland and play for my boyhood heroes. DL would have had to have been mental not to sign him.

DL was responsible for signing Gowser would have been a better example.

OK, DL signed McGowan. thumbup2.gif

This "never got a chance" is mostly rolled out to have another dig at Danny Lennon.

No real point trying to debate the facts, these "supporters" will continue to try to undermine the manager with any ammunition they can dig up.

Fcukem.

I admire your attempts to impose a Maoist style party line on this issue but it's largely irrelevant.

The ramblings of "supporters" on this Forum will have no impact on Danny Lennon's future, it'll depend on results next season when his GOOJFC expires.

I admire your attempts to impose a Maoist style party line on this issue but it's largely irrelevant.

The ramblings of "supporters" on this Forum will have no impact on Danny Lennon's future, it'll depend on results next season when his GOOJFC expires.

Thanks for "that", much appreciated. whistling.gif

PS You might want to expand on the "GOOJFC" as it means "not a jot". lol.gif

Edited by faraway saint

Bit harsh. I can name many others who were far worse but would be here all night.

Not the worst player - he played a small part in our highest league finish in 20-odd years and the LC win, certainly better than a number of players from The Summer of Beath, but taking all the circumstances of the deal into consideration I'll stick by my statement.

• 2 weeks later...

A Motherwell supporting friend of mine has told me they're apparently offering him a trial ... I believed he could've been pulling my pisser at first but it seems this is not the case and in fact he could well be signing for them!

McCall was wanting to sign Imrie when we signed him so there may well be truth in this.

It is a certainty that;

1) Dougie Imrie will sign for another club and be f**king awesome for them

2) Dougie Imrie will come back and score a winning goal against St.Mirren

These are the laws of the footballing world.

See Richard Brittain & Alex Burns as references. Christ even Alex Bone looked a player once he left us ! I am sure we could name many, many more !

It is a certainty that;

1) Dougie Imrie will sign for another club and be f**king awesome for them

2) Dougie Imrie will come back and score a winning goal against St.Mirren

These are the laws of the footballing world.

See Richard Brittain & Alex Burns as references. Christ even Alex Bone looked a player once he left us ! I am sure we could name many, many more !

There is no such law.

There are many many more who have left us and continued to be shite.

Don't care if he scores 5 against us (Aye that'll be right!) ..guy has an ego bigger than Ronaldo and he is pure pish!...Junior he should have stayed ...end of ...Well done Danny in clearing us of the superstars of Dougie and Carey......Not sure about Harkins though?......My info from Killie mates tell me he thinks he's better than Pelewhistling.gif ....Time will tell though