Kealan Dillon

Okay, didn't see this coming!!

One night about a month ago I hitched a taxi from Dublin city centre back to my flat. The inevitable conversation with the cab driver regarding my nationality ensued, and was told by the cab driver that he had just returned from a town called Paisley, where he had been trying to arrange a deal with the local club about signing a young, Irish midfielder he represented.

He also told me that we had a Greek striker on trial, and that Danny would be mad not to sign him. (These were his exact words) He also told me that Stuart McCall was a stick on for the Sheffield Utd job, and should stick a fiver on it.... He was very complimentary about Saints and our management team and wished them all well.

Suprised this transfer happened - I actually thought I dreamed the entire conversation, I was kinda pished at the time....

Anyway - welcome Kealan!!

so what happened to the Greek?

• 5 months later...

Why he not get a chance another signing that's never kicked a ball for us

We only get to see the surface of a guy being signed, not getting a game in the first team, and then let go. What we don't know are, possibly, issues with training, or not really as good as what we've already got.

Lennon must go, wasting time, he should have dropped........ Erm, well, tell us, who should he have dropped? I see this is being turned into another "have a go at Lennon" thread, dearie me.

I'm not having a go at Danny. He has overloaded the squad with central midfielders though. Especially since we have a bit of an embarrassment of riches in the middle of the park.

He was signed as a youth player the same way signed Kenny Mclean, He got a chance to show what he can do and to develop with our coaches. He cost next to nothing and is exactly the kind of player we should be looking at. It did not work out move on.

I've also seen him a few times with the U20's and clearly there is a player there, we just were not getting it for whatever reason. Failed to outshine our own talent. Good luck to him I understand he's a nice enough kid.

Seen him play a few times in the u20s and he looked hopeless. Not surprised he's left.

Another one to be filed squarely in the bulging 'Danny Lennon's failed signings' drawer.

I like some of your posts Lex ,but this is just pish of the highest order. 3 out of 10 if you're lucky. Disappointing IMHO.

I like some of your posts Lex ,but this is just pish of the highest order. 3 out of 10 if you're lucky. Disappointing IMHO.

What part of the post do you disagree with?

Was he good for the u20s? Or should he be remembered as a successful signing?

Seen him play a few times in the u20s and he looked hopeless. Not surprised he's left.

Another one to be filed squarely in the bulging 'Danny Lennon's failed signings' drawer.

Typed out a post but the app kept crashing!

Along the lines of... I expected to see this from you, it didn't wok out for the lad, retention rate of under 20 teams; less than 10%?, when he signed it was stated that they hoped we would get close to first team but not ready yet, is Danny to blame for every failed player over the age of 16?

Lex, some of what you say can make sense. Unfortunately, you're starting to become a parody of yourself.

Typed out a post but the app kept crashing!

Along the lines of... I expected to see this from you, it didn't wok out for the lad, retention rate of under 20 teams; less than 10%?, when he signed it was stated that they hoped we would get close to first team but not ready yet, is Danny to blame for every failed player over the age of 16?

Lex, some of what you say can make sense. Unfortunately, you're starting to become a parody of yourself.

Danny Lennon signed him and he failed. Therefore he is a failed Danny Lennon signing.

I'm struggling with why you're struggling here. What you on about players over 16? If Danny signs a player and he fails it's Danny's failed signing and he has to accept a share of the responsibility.

Did Danny Lennon sign him? Or was it Longwell?

clubs sign players to create a youth team (Under 20's, etc), like I said, I would guess that less than 10% of players to feature for a youth team of a club make it to the first team. Dillon didn't make it so falls in to the other 90%.

Don't really see what is difficult to get here Lex. As you mentioned the bulging drawer of failed signings, I wonder if there is any statistical stuff behind every Saints manager and the % of successful signings a manager makes. Would be interesting.

I mean, is Bobby Dawson classed as successful signing? He definitely played in the first team but he was definitely f**king gash.

Danny Lennon signed him. He was 19 - older than John McGinn - when he joined and went straight into the first team squad and started the season on the bench. You think Danny delegates responsibility for signing first team players to Davie Longwell? Jeez... I can't believe I'm having to explain this.

Danny Lennon doesn't sign all the players in the u20s. Most of them come through the youth ranks and are given youth contracts by the club. If they fail to make the first team that's obviously not Danny's fault. For example I wouldn't class Dominic Kennedy, Mark Lamont or Jack Smith as failed Danny Lennon signings... Because he never signed them.

However he did sign Kealan Dillon. Therefore he has to accept blame for him not working out. How do you think Kealan should be remembered? As a successful signing or as a failed signing?

Lennon must go, wasting time, he should have dropped........ Erm, well, tell us, who should he have dropped? I see this is being turned into another "have a go at Lennon" thread, dearie me.

Nope, that's just you. Not one poster mentioned Lennon since the post about him being let go. So can you please explain why you brought Danny's name into it? Is it just because you're desperate to be 'in the right'?

Nope, that's just you. Not one poster mentioned Lennon since the post about him being let go. So can you please explain why you brought Danny's name into it? Is it just because you're desperate to be 'in the right'?

I'll assume this is a woosh or you are daft as a brush to see the slow but sure digs at Lennon? smile.png

Look on my post as enlightening you as you're obviously in the dark, proved by the posts from the king of the Lennon bashers above. bangin.gif

bye1.gif

Edited by faraway saint