Danny Says No More Signings

Obviously the league cup win buzz is wearing off and certain posters are reverting back to their negative ways.

If Danny thought that Easton, Gordon or Saunders was a good fit for us we would've been in for them. But clearly he didnt, so we werent.

Just last week Div said we were in for a left back that would please the vast majority of fans. No-one else (apart from Lovestreet clearly) knows who it is. Is that not how we have wanted Saints to do transfer business for years now? Remember all the names we were linked with that subsequently signed elsewhere. Now Danny is keeping a lid on things and our transfer targets aren't known publicly...the site is in meltdown and knickerwetting has set in.

If folk honestly think that we will play the season with only Yacob as a left back and Thommo and Reilly as strikers then you need help. What else can Danny say than praise the players he currently has, and build up their confidence.

Lewis Guy's contract termination means that there should be 2 new additions. Adam Campbell from Newcastle on loan is poss if club let him go

Neil, it is always possible that Danny was interested in any of those player but that they were made a better offer elsewhere. A fact of life and something that is privvy to the manager and others within the club. It could also be that Danny did not rate them as much as some on here. No idea why Easton is being lauded so much when he was a failure down south and no other major club (North or South) thought him good enough to take on board (as good as some on here rate his).

Its more the attitude of the board and taking us all for a bunch of mugs that annoys me. A few weeks ago it was Danny's going to have a good budget to spend on players then as soon as hearts get a points deduction they change theor tune to the youth players will play a big part this season and we don't need to sign any more players.

Just shows the lack of ambition at our club and how everyone is happy to scrape by every season. I'm not looking for us to spend loads of money, just looking for us to have a left back and a 2nd striker since we are a football team and need back up players as well as the starting 11. Saying the youth can do that us just a cop out in my opinion

We will, FFS!

This Isabella Duke character is clearly yet another puerile alias, and, as such, doesn't warrant a response.

There are literally hundreds of players looking for clubs. The fact that other clubs have picked some of them up needn't be a cause of undue concern. I would much rather Danny takes his time to assess exactly which type of players we require, as opposed to the scatter-gun approach that he was guilty of early in his tenure. He will know more than anyone that it is crunch time for him in some respects as his contract will expire at the end of the season. He also knows (and has acknowledged) that we under-performed in the league last year and that this must be addressed.

At least 2 more players will come in. I am absolutely confident that this will be the case. No insider knowledge applied here, simply common sense. They might well be loan deals, but who would grumble about that given how well our last crop performed for us. The very fact that there are vacant squad numbers speaks volumes.

People really need to calm down a bit.

While I agree with most of the above, I have to say that I'm concerned that we have gone to our pre season training camp a few players light. I'm usually one for urging us not to panic and I still feel that this is the case. However I feel that we are leaving things a bit late and I'm getting a wee bit twitchy.

Only 3 and a bit weeks till we kick off.

While I agree with most of the above, I have to say that I'm concerned that we have gone to our pre season training camp a few players light. I'm usually one for urging us not to panic and I still feel that this is the case. However I feel that we are leaving things a bit late and I'm getting a wee bit twitchy.

Only 3 and a bit weeks till we kick off.

The scheduling of the training camp is possibly something that was out with Danny's control. Other clubs have travelled without having made signings in key areas (Hibs being the obvious example in terms of their striking options).

I wouldn't read too much into this. Some of our best signings have come late in the day (Sutton and Adam spring to mind), while others have come mid-season (Dorman, Isma, Newton etc.).

If you look at it from the flip side, having the pre-season training camp now will give the coaching staff the opportunity to analyse exactly what might be required in terms of additions. This is surely better than desperately trying to fill berths in order to take them to Spain for a week in mid-July, no?

The scheduling of the training camp is possibly something that was out with Danny's control. Other clubs have travelled without having made signings in key areas (Hibs being the obvious example in terms of their striking options).

I wouldn't read too much into this. Some of our best signings have come late in the day (Sutton and Adam spring to mind), while others have come mid-season (Dorman, Isma, Newton etc.).

If you look at it from the flip side, having the pre-season training camp now will give the coaching staff the opportunity to analyse exactly what might be required in terms of additions. This is surely better than desperately trying to fill berths in order to take them to Spain for a week in mid-July, no?

Agree with no panic buying. However I would have thought DL would know by now who his targets are and I'm concerned that we can't afford them or they're not willing to come. This could result in a late panic buy. I do however prefer your scenario. Edited by Kendo

It's clear that Lennon has failed to get the men he wanted and is now up against it.

Lex is right, as usual, Lennon has had a poor per season. The current manager doesn't really know what he is doing.

We need to keep calm however. Lennon will be replaced as manager by Steven Thompson before the season is out.

Edited by Isabella Duke

SPL survival and a national trophy.

Just imagine what we can achieve when we get someone who knows what they're doing !!!!

Sorry, but cup results don't count. The anti gus brigade made that clear.

Only league results count.

Based on the anti gus brigade's own criteria, Lennon must go!

It's YOUR rules, please be consistent and stick by them!

It's clear that Lennon has failed to get the men he wanted and is now up against it.

Lex is right, as usual, Lennon has had a poor per season. The current manager doesn't really know what he is doing.

We need to keep calm however. Lennon will be replaced as manager by Steven Thompson before the season is out.

The quality of trolling is even starting to go downhill. This is a poor, poor effort and 'Isabella' needs to up 'her' game to sound even half convincing.

Where do you get the thousands from, Oaky? I realise that there would be some kind of administrative cost but if we're really talking thousands plural it's no bloody wonder clubs run out of money regularly. And some of us think it's all down to overpaid players. I'm not trying to argue about this because I simply don't know. But thousands?

To change the software and add new packages etc to handle buying packages of matches when this facility doesn't already exist, including testing and trialling would require a minimum of 50 hours of work. Possibly a fortnight.

You'd be paying a freelancer around £30 to £40 an hour so that would be anything from £1500 to £3000 for a sole trader to do the work.

If you hire a company (for the trust and guarantees the work would come with) you'll probably pay £60 an hour at least so you'd be around £3000 to £4500.

Alternatively you could buy the software from a vendor and you might make a saving but you'll be tied into paying an activation fee every year which would be expected to be more than £1000 a year.

I'd be very surprised if something like this was cheap I'm afraid.

Sorry, but cup results don't count. The anti gus brigade made that clear.

Only league results count.

Based on the anti gus brigade's own criteria, Lennon must go!

It's YOUR rules, please be consistent and stick by them!

One question. Did we win the League cup under Gus?? Naw, 9 men beat us!!!

The quality of trolling is even starting to go downhill. This is a poor, poor effort and 'Isabella' needs to up 'her' game to sound even half convincing.

Andy must have suffered some kind of breakdown, because this is a dramatic slump in form even by his standards.

Danny has had 3 seasons in charge now and last season was our worst in the spl since we came back up. Only rangers going bust saved us from relegation. The league cup win was great... But it was a fluke and masks over the fact that Lennon doesn't really know what he is doing.

The fact is that this per season is irrelevant. Steven Thompson will be manager before the season is out, attempting to keep us up. It's only then that we start to look forward.

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Well done on achieving the Grand Slam of forum posts. Every single sentence more shite than the last.

This is the funniest piece of knicker wetting I've seen since norrie68's embarassing panic attack after our 6 game losing streak last season.

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Well done on achieving the Grand Slam of forum posts. Every single sentence more shite than the last.

This is the funniest piece of knicker wetting I've seen since norrie68's embarassing panic attack after our 6 game losing streak last season.

You could say he's the captain of knicker wetting....

There's only one way to stop this bickering....

GIE'S A SIGNING!*

* Terms and conditions apply. The St Mirren 2013 Gie's a Signing promotion does not apply to ginger midfielders fae' the lower leagues, promising teenage Africans, or anyone that isnae' a natural left back or striker over 6 feet tall (proven goalscoring record preferred, but not essential, full training will be given to any successful applicant). For full T&Cs, please contact St Mirren Football Club and ask for Brian Caldwell, Danny Lennon, Stewart Gilmour, or Lovestreet fae' the forum. Mo Camara and Ian Harte need not apply, nor should any previous unsuccessful applicants.

* Terms and conditions apply. The St Mirren 2013 Gie's a Signing promotion does not apply to ginger midfielders fae' the lower leagues, promising teenage Africans, or anyone that isnae' a natural left back or striker over 6 feet tall (proven goalscoring record preferred, but not essential, full training will be given to any successful applicant). For full T&Cs, please contact St Mirren Football Club and ask for Brian Caldwell, Danny Lennon, Stewart Gilmour, or Lovestreet fae' the forum. Mo Camara and Ian Harte need not apply, nor should any previous unsuccessful applicants.

Excellent lol.gif

To change the software and add new packages etc to handle buying packages of matches when this facility doesn't already exist, including testing and trialling would require a minimum of 50 hours of work. Possibly a fortnight.

You'd be paying a freelancer around £30 to £40 an hour so that would be anything from £1500 to £3000 for a sole trader to do the work.

If you hire a company (for the trust and guarantees the work would come with) you'll probably pay £60 an hour at least so you'd be around £3000 to £4500.

Alternatively you could buy the software from a vendor and you might make a saving but you'll be tied into paying an activation fee every year which would be expected to be more than £1000 a year.

I'd be very surprised if something like this was cheap I'm afraid.

If I recall correctly, Brian told me that it needn't be prohibitive in terms of cost, as we already have the infrastructure in place.

​"Lex is right". At least we all know who you are now !!!!