Danny Says No More Signings

SSN reporting thT "promising" Ghanian midfield Caleb Gomah has been taken on an initial 3 week trial so as all rational balanced fans knew we ARE still active in the transfer market despite the usual rhetoric from the club that the knicker wetters swallow hook, line and sinker. Calm down FFS!

How can a manager have a "poor pre-season" ?

We haven't even kicked a single ball, but not that it really matters what happens in the pre-season matches themselves.

The season is still 3 weeks away, we play one competitive match and then have another two weeks after that before our next.

The transfer window doesn't close for another 6 weeks.

Why not wait and judge the team and the manager once they have a few competitive games under their belt and once the full transfer window has run it's course ?

ICT have signed a lorry load of players, none of whom have SPL experience and none of whom anyone up here has ever heard of. They might be dynamite, they might be absolutely shite. Who really knows until the action gets underway ?

Danny also managed to sign Gowser up for another season. Don't think any other diddy team will top that, maybe if Killie sign Boyd and Motherwell sign McFadden but thats the only 2 that can trump our signing.

Danny has had 3 seasons in charge now and last season was our worst in the spl since we came back up. Only rangers going bust saved us from relegation. The league cup win was great... But it was a fluke and masks over the fact that Lennon doesn't really know what he is doing.

The fact is that this per season is irrelevant. Steven Thompson will be manager before the season is out, attempting to keep us up. It's only then that we start to look forward.

I'd say his first season in charge was the worst, Higdon's goals saved us.

You must have a very short memory if you think last season was worse than watching a team with guys like Lynch,Wardlaw,McQuade,McCluskey in it.

SSN reporting thT "promising" Ghanian midfield Caleb Gomah has been taken on an initial 3 week trial so as all rational balanced fans knew we ARE still active in the transfer market despite the usual rhetoric from the club that the knicker wetters swallow hook, line and sinker. Calm down FFS!

Promising news. I love midfielders me. Not as much as oor' Danny, but still, I love midfielders.

Danny has had 3 seasons in charge now and last season was our worst in the spl since we came back up. Only rangers going bust saved us from relegation. The league cup win was great... But it was a fluke and masks over the fact that Lennon doesn't really know what he is doing.

The fact is that this per season is irrelevant. Steven Thompson will be manager before the season is out, attempting to keep us up. It's only then that we start to look forward.

A fluke my arse. We had as tough a route as was possible Aberdeen away then beating Celtic and Hearts on neutral ground. Clearly you are just another Lennon hater who will never be happy with him in charge regardless of what we achieve.

Promising news. I love midfielders me. Not as much as oor' Danny, but still, I love midfielders.

It's more the fact we are obviously still actively seeking players thats important rather than who they are or where they play. I haven't done a shit today but that statement doesn't mean I won't ever shit again.

The league cup was a Fluke , putting Aberdeen out away from home - beating the Scottish champions in the semi final - beating Hearts a club that had much bigger wages and support than we can muster and you call it a fluke. Get a grip

Yes beating Aberdeen at Pittodrie, Celtic at Hampden and Hearts at Hampden was a complete fluke wacko.png

The league cup was a Fluke , putting Aberdeen out away from home - beating the Scottish champions in the semi final - beating Hearts a club that had much bigger wages and support than we can muster and you call it a fluke. Get a grip

As you say, Nae fluke aboot it. I was at those 3 games,(as well as the rest) and the Aberdeen game was a night not to be forgotten, also the other 2, but to get to penalty kicks, wheee! The team worked their socks off to get that cup, although on the negative side, we fell away after winning it.

How can a manager have a "poor pre-season" ?

We haven't even kicked a single ball, but not that it really matters what happens in the pre-season matches themselves.

The season is still 3 weeks away, we play one competitive match and then have another two weeks after that before our next.

The transfer window doesn't close for another 6 weeks.

Why not wait and judge the team and the manager once they have a few competitive games under their belt and once the full transfer window has run it's course ?

ICT have signed a lorry load of players, none of whom have SPL experience and none of whom anyone up here has ever heard of. They might be dynamite, they might be absolutely shite. Who really knows until the action gets underway ?

You have a poor pre season by not managing the squad correctly. Take last pre season for example, Guy, Parkin and Robbo were the permanent signings, that was a poor pre season. That was a big reason for us falling from 8th in 2012 to 11th in 2013.

I did say at the start of my post it's early, and i did say it has been poor up until this point, if Danny gets his act together it still could turn out to be an excellent pre season. The manager seems to have spent most of the summer so far releasing players and negotiating mutual termination deals for duds that he's signed on long contracts, it's seemed like he's forgotten he has to sign players too.

Take the left back position as one example. A position that we have struggled with for about 10 years. We know early that Dummett isn't coming back. There is two proven experienced SPL left backs available on free transfers that are comfortably within our budget; Brian Easton and Ben Gordon. Gordon goes to Ross County and Easton goes to St Johnstone. Did we offer these players deals? If not, why not?

Why are we letting our rivals steal a march on us? There won't be many left backs of their caliber on the market within our budget. Here's hoping Danny pulls it out the bag in the next month or so, he's got quite a bit of catching up to do.

It's more the fact we are obviously still actively seeking players thats important rather than who they are or where they play. I haven't done a shit today but that statement doesn't mean I won't ever shit again.

Don't get me wrong, I was being serious when I said it was promising news. For exactly the reason you say, if true, it shows we are still active.

Having said that, are promising midfielders from Ghana on three week 'have a look' trials where we need to be active?

McLean, McGowan, Robertson, Harkins, Teale, Goodwin, McGinn..... but big Thommo' gets whacked and right away we're bypassing Plan B for a plan a lot further down the alphabet than that?

Edited by pozbaird

This Isabella Duke character is clearly yet another puerile alias, and, as such, doesn't warrant a response.

There are literally hundreds of players looking for clubs. The fact that other clubs have picked some of them up needn't be a cause of undue concern. I would much rather Danny takes his time to assess exactly which type of players we require, as opposed to the scatter-gun approach that he was guilty of early in his tenure. He will know more than anyone that it is crunch time for him in some respects as his contract will expire at the end of the season. He also knows (and has acknowledged) that we under-performed in the league last year and that this must be addressed.

At least 2 more players will come in. I am absolutely confident that this will be the case. No insider knowledge applied here, simply common sense. They might well be loan deals, but who would grumble about that given how well our last crop performed for us. The very fact that there are vacant squad numbers speaks volumes.

People really need to calm down a bit.

Edited by Drew

Who do you work that one out.

This is the very reason that i said Hearts will be above us come the end of the season by about 5 points unless something dramatic happens in the transfer market for us its going to be a long hard season.HOPE TO HELL IM WRONG.

You do really surpass yourself sometimes. Even for you that kind of statement based on absolutely no evidence is hilarious. On what grounds do you feel that Hearts will have a swing of at least 20 points over us when a) you have no idea how strong Hearts will be and B) we have no idea of our final squad. Knicker wetting of the most extremem type and continuous moaning for the sake of it. Btw, you do realise there are another 10 teams (discounting Celtic) in this league and they have all lost quality players. Few, if any, have replaced that quality and I don't hear the Motherwell fans bleating about how they will struggle and they finished a strong second. At least wait until Danny has finished his rebuilding job and for the first quarter of the season to be played to see how we are doing against the opposition.

But, but, but...No opinion, just abuse

You complain about abuse, yet your the one dishing the dirt towards our manager before a ball is kicked, the manager who delivered silverware for the first time in 20 plus years.

Don't you think he deserves the respect to asemble his squad before shooting him down in flames? Let's see the team on the park in meaningful games before you judge.

What happens if hearts go into liquidation before the start of the season? Then a 1st div team would come up and the 15 point deduction that our board seem to be relying on will no longer be there and we'll be in a bit of trouble to avoid the bottom 2!

FFS.

Seriously?wacko.png

The League cup was a fluke? FFS we beat Aberdeen, Celtic and Hearts. How can that be a fluke?

Some fans on here dumbfound me. Other than the period 77-80, I have witnessed St Mirren as a team always struggling at the wrong end of the table, been relegated twice and won promotion. We have remained in the SPL while other bigger clubs have gone down and all with a limited budget and small playing squad. Just what do people expect with very little money floating about and clubs that offer more mean that our squad will be continually limited in size and talent. We have no divine right to be up in the top 6 challenging for anything and some fans aspirations need to take into account the real world we live in. Survival in the SPL is the No1 priority for Danny Lennon and the BOD - anything else will be a bonus. I would like us to be up there challenging and away from the fear of the drop but I am realistic enough to know that keeping a tight ship and the club running at minimal loss is far better than trying to achieve a higher position by putting out money we simply do not have. Other than Celtic who will win the league and staying up, any other position means sod all. Europe is a myth and any Scottish club is way behind those they draw in the various Euro cups and, again, other than Celtic, the revenue is minimal to what you may have to pay out to get one of those Euro places.

Expectations is one thing but that has to be based on knowing who the full squad are, the strength of the opposition and our own strengths. We just need to temper that expectation at times with a dose of reality. Danny will be working on things behind the scene and should not be villified for not producing a number of new players (all requiring to be paid a wage remember) simply because other teams have brought in players. None of those players brought in by other clubs have caused me any sleepless nights so I am not worried.

Patience is a virtue - let's just wait and see what the next 3 weeks brings in terms of new players.

Why are we letting our rivals steal a march on us? There won't be many left backs of their caliber on the market within our budget. Here's hoping Danny pulls it out the bag in the next month or so, he's got quite a bit of catching up to do.

Well give him the next month or so and stop pissing your knickers. x

Obviously the league cup win buzz is wearing off and certain posters are reverting back to their negative ways.

If Danny thought that Easton, Gordon or Saunders was a good fit for us we would've been in for them. But clearly he didnt, so we werent.

Just last week Div said we were in for a left back that would please the vast majority of fans. No-one else (apart from Lovestreet clearly) knows who it is. Is that not how we have wanted Saints to do transfer business for years now? Remember all the names we were linked with that subsequently signed elsewhere. Now Danny is keeping a lid on things and our transfer targets aren't known publicly...the site is in meltdown and knickerwetting has set in.

If folk honestly think that we will play the season with only Yacob as a left back and Thommo and Reilly as strikers then you need help. What else can Danny say than praise the players he currently has, and build up their confidence.

Lewis Guy's contract termination means that there should be 2 new additions. Adam Campbell from Newcastle on loan is poss if club let him go

Can I just add at this juncture that I'm happy to be in the happy clapper gang on this one.

The knicker-wetting crew must be having a pretty grim summer if they are finding themselves sitting fretting over why St Mirren haven't signed as many mediocre journeymen players as ICT and Ross County et al.

A good friend of mine was taken well before his time yesterday. He was a glass half full kind of guy all the way, and brought light into every room he entered. A bright light has been extinguished folks, so we could do without the unnecessary gloom and doom, or we could all be fumbling about in the darkness before long.

Maybe its time we all lightened up a bit.

Edited by Drew

What happens if hearts go into liquidation before the start of the season? Then a 1st div team would come up and the 15 point deduction that our board seem to be relying on will no longer be there and we'll be in a bit of trouble to avoid the bottom 2!

Ifs and buts. Hearts will not go into liquidation before the season starts and are likely to simply come out of administration. We don't know this of course but this is the most likel scenario.

Any club simply being asked to come up - should Hearts go into liquidation - will be as unprepared as Dimdee were and no matter what anyone says, there is a gap in quality between the SPL and 1st Division. If it was Morton then, like Dimdee, they have been planning for a first division campaign and would have little time to bring in the players required to survive in the SPL.

Finally, why is everyone assuming it would be us struggling at the bottom? There is every likelihood that 4-6 other teams will be there. Hibs have not replaced Griffiths (their only real scorer), ICT are unknown, RC are unlikely to repeat their heroics of last season while Motherwell and Aberdeen are inknown at this time. Killie will be similar as will Fakes. The thing is, we simply do not know how things are going to pan out otherwise I would be sunning myself in the Bahamas than sitting in a bloody office sweating my cobs off. Too many worries over too many hypothetical situations. Chill FFS

Can I just add at this juncture that I'm happy to be in the happy clapper gang on this one.

The knicker-wetting crew must be having a pretty grim summer if they are finding themsleves sitting fretting over why St Mirren haven't signed as many mediocre journeymen players as ICT and Ross County et al.

A good friend of mine was taken well before his time yesterday. He was a glass half full kind of guy all the way, and brought light into every room he entered. A bright light has been extinguished folks, so we could do without the unnecessary gloom and doom, or we could all be fumbling about in the darkness before long.

The knicker-wetting crew must be having a pretty grim summer if they are finding themsleves sitting fretting over why St Mirren haven't signed as many mediocre journeymen players as ICT and Ross County et al.

Well said. There are things in life more important than football. It is just a game after all even if it is one that we are all so passionate about.

Its more the attitude of the board and taking us all for a bunch of mugs that annoys me. A few weeks ago it was Danny's going to have a good budget to spend on players then as soon as hearts get a points deduction they change theor tune to the youth players will play a big part this season and we don't need to sign any more players.

Just shows the lack of ambition at our club and how everyone is happy to scrape by every season. I'm not looking for us to spend loads of money, just looking for us to have a left back and a 2nd striker since we are a football team and need back up players as well as the starting 11. Saying the youth can do that us just a cop out in my opinion