Trip To Dumfries.

Ooof and in it goes 6 - 4 - 4

Blue Square North Stockport will never have a better chance before we face English Premiership standard (far from the best but good standard I'll bet)

14 goals against in 3 games ....bloody dreadful....shall we have a sweep on the final total from our 5 preseason games

I'll go for a round 4 a game 20.

Love your optimism WirralSaint :)

Centre of defence deffo a worry:

McGregor - decent but hardly kicked a ball in anger in two seasons. Not match sharp and an injury risk

Goodwin - should be playing in midfield anyway

McAusland - I know he's improved but FFS he bloody well had to. Is it really too much to ask for a centre half with some ball skills? Don't rate him

Mair - deemed not worth keeping when compared to the above.

Love your optimism WirralSaint smile.png

One bright note.....quite pleased that Celtic arranged that friendly and that game now doesn't happen wk2.

At least we have the hope of new additions. The thought of the current squad going to Celtic Park Aug 10th is terrifying.

There found my happy thought. wink.png

For me it's a week on Saturday up in Inverness to how we really shape up not before. Players don't want to pick up injuries it's a run out nothing else.

I'm confused. Was tonight a training exercise or not? Disappointing if this really was a competitive game... If this was a pre-season friendly, run out or training exercise...

Its going to be a long season !

How long is it going to take Danny to realise that you build a good team from the back?

In a nutshell, the defence has been needing sorted for a couple of seasons now and it still hasnt happened. We are still screaming out for a new centre half.

Per-season friendlies or not. We should NOT be losing 12 goals to teams like Charlton, Morton, and QOS.

If it's about getting a run out and fitness, is it not also about match sharpness and gelling the team?? Cos we're failing very badly at that.

At this rate Inverness will f**king pump us unless DL gets his thinking cap on and his negotiating skills polished.

Players are complacent, no need to be arsed as they will play each week with no competition.

Unless he addresses this we are in trouble but he would have to be very stupid not to see that what's been shown so far in pre-season is not good enough. If he thinks it is, doesn't bring in quality, then he won't be there very long but I think he will do something in the next couple of days

Thompson hasn't scored in three matches.

Totally useless. Wage thief. Time to get shot.

It does seem to be the way a lot of people think...

The defence could be better - no arguments. However, the panic-mongering seems to be way out of proportion.

A left back seems to have arrived (see lovestreet's PMs and above), pre-season is about fitness not results and there appears to be time for more arrivals, to name but three reasons for not panicking.

If the same results are replicated in the league fair enough, but wait and see rather than lambasting the manager, team and each other over what essentially are friendlies...