Renfrewshire Cup Final

Full time 2-4

Well, that is one of the worst defensive performances I've seen from a St Mirren team in about 10 years.

Based on this game Kelly, Naismith and Cornell are nowhere near the required standard. The keeper was at fault for 3 of the 4 goals IMO (1 with the help of Vanzy) Kelly was at fault for the other 1. McGregor started well but had a poor second half, Vanzy was poor and then got injured. Only Cheesy out the 6 used defenders gets pass marks from me.

Going forward we were good enough, Teale was our best player. McGinn, McGowan and Thommo had decent games. Harkins was poor, he looks unfit and - to be honest - rubbish.

We have two weeks left. If we don't sign anyone between now and then I am pretty sure we will be in yet another relegation dog fight. Will Hearts -15 be enough to save us? Who knows.

Two weeks to sort the defence Danny. A keeper and a left back are urgently required, then sort the rest out.

if a diddy team like morton are tearing us apart what the fu*k are newcastle going to do?

Don't worry, old mr reliable, lovestreet has it on good authority that we will have 4 new players in and Newcastle will play there under 12s side after a talking to his sources

maybe we should be asking are the board backing danny instead of saying change him ,he can only sign players if the board give hime the money,which seems is not the case

Where did you spring up from as that’s far too sensible a post for on here , you should ether be a troll or a doom and gloom merchant. Yes you are correct 100% this has nothing to do with Danny and everything to do with the board and the budget , who knows maybe we just have not got the money. Div kept posting that no one is in unless more season tickets which all adds up.

I had Morton at 4/1 -1 I thought we would get gubbed and we did anyone stupid enough to think we have got anything like a squad are very mistaken. We have brought in Harkins(useless) and a couple of kids. Either back Danny with cash to get a squad pretty damn quick or get someone in who can. We are at least 5 players light and defence will leak goals.We have no options at the back or upfront Thommo gets injured what we got 2 games 8 goals conceded that should tell the management something.

Where did you spring up from as that’s far too sensible a post for on here , you should ether be a troll or a doom and gloom merchant. Yes you are correct 100% this has nothing to do with Danny and everything to do with the board and the budget , who knows maybe we just have not got the money. Div kept posting that no one is in unless more season tickets which all adds up.

It's not time for the blame game.

The lessons that should be learned from today is that the squad is - for whatever reason - nowhere near good enough.

Luckily we have two full weeks before the start of the season. I'm sure SGG, Brian Caldwell and Danny were as alarmed by today as we all were. I'm sure they're already working double time to fix the evident issues.

About time too. Some of us seen these issues weeks ago.

In reality preseason games mean the square root of fcuk all. It's all about getting the fitness back up to standard. We won 7 of these in a row and it did nothing for us once the season started.

We knew we needed players before the game...and we still need players after today.

Just hope this reaction doesn't force Danny into panic buying. If he is playing the long game with regards to certain transfers I hope he sticks to it.

I'm sure SGG, Brian Caldwell and Danny were as alarmed by today as we all were. I'm sure they're already working double time to fix the evident issues.

Yesterday Danny said,

“As coaches, we sat down at the end of the season and went through everything with a fine toothcomb."

“We worked out what changes have to be made and will be looking to implement them this season.”

If we're losing 10 goals in 2 games after all the work they've put in since the close of the season then somethings very wrong.

In reality preseason games mean the square root of fcuk all. It's all about getting the fitness back up to standard. We won 7 of these in a row and it did nothing for us once the season started.

We knew we needed players before the game...and we still need players after today.

Just hope this reaction doesn't force Danny into panic buying. If he is playing the long game with regards to certain transfers I hope he sticks to it.

Danny Lennon and panic buying, two words I never thought i'd hear in the one sentence were Lennon is involved,

Edited by santaponsasaint