Adam Campbell Tonight

GMBB

Ask lovestreet, he knows what the plan iswhistling.gif

Do you watch St Mirren, or the highlights on TV? You would know that when things aren't OK on the park, he doesn't what to do next. Cue Goodwin's sending off. The crowd were screaming for his substitution after his first yellow in the game, but DL persisted which ended up in a yellow. Similarly with DVZ at ICT. There are others but those 2 come to mind

there are loads of strikers looking for clubs ,but our manager is quoted as saying we don't need anybody else ,if that doesn't tell you his limited ability then YOU are struggling.

• Yep, shite ones. So shite that Andy Barrowman and Kevin Kyle top the list
  • No, he isn't. He was quoted only today saying that there's every chance of players coming in prior to the end of the transfer window

He's made a huge mistake leaving signings to the last minute but he's keeping his cards close to his chest this season, and rightfully so.

Do you watch St Mirren, or the highlights on TV? You would know that when things aren't OK on the park, he doesn't what to do next. Cue Goodwin's sending off. The crowd were screaming for his substitution after his first yellow in the game, but DL persisted which ended up in a yellow. Similarly with DVZ at ICT. There are others but those 2 come to mind

Like when we were a goal down in the Cup final. Danny stuck to his principles and it payed of. Some times it does sometimes it does not.

DVZ didnt look like getting sent off at Inverness - it was obvious someone was going to get sent off for something daft with that many bookings but to suggest DVZ was obvious to come off is stupid and I'd question if you were actually there.

As for Goodwin - yes, everyone could see he was going to get sent off but Lennon has to be able to trust his captain and Jim takes the fall for that one. Stop finding sticks to beat the manager with and get behind him boo boy.

DVZ didnt look like getting sent off at Inverness - it was obvious someone was going to get sent off for something daft with that many bookings but to suggest DVZ was obvious to come off is stupid and I'd question if you were actually there.

As for Goodwin - yes, everyone could see he was going to get sent off but Lennon has to be able to trust his captain and Jim takes the fall for that one. Stop finding sticks to beat the manager with and get behind him boo boy.

Believe it or not, I am not a boo boy. I make my observations by watching Saint Mirren and praising the good, but I'll also slag the bad. It is too early in the season to be making judgements team wise, but, at times, I think DL would benefit from sitting higher up for about 30 mins to see how his formation is working for a particular game

Here's and update from DL on the situation. It's worrying because its the only striker I've heard linked with the club in the last few weeks. Surely he's got to prepare for the fact we might not get him!

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11781/8859419/spfl-st-mirren-boss-danny-lennon-says-his-side-arent-guaranteed-adam-campbell

I like Danny's tone here. He's not trying to make it look like we are desperate and he's also not trying to pressure Newcastle.

The man has class - there's no doubt about that.

Some of the panicking on here about this kid is unbelievable. You'd think he was the reincarnation of Jesus and yet few of us have seen him play for more than a few minutes. He's an unproven 19 year old. We'll either get him or we won't. Either way our season doesn't hinge on his decision.

If he had repeatedly scored for us then we would have done.

Let's see if he's still scoring in 30 games time.

Guy was with us for a whole season and made next to no impact. So keen was Danny he even signed him six months early when he couldn't even play for us. However it didn't work out and it was definitely time to let him go....

Believe it or not, I am not a boo boy. I make my observations by watching Saint Mirren and praising the good, but I'll also slag the bad. It is too early in the season to be making judgements team wise, but, at times, I think DL would benefit from sitting higher up for about 30 mins to see how his formation is working for a particular game

Apologies, boo boy was perhaps the wrong word- knicker wetter would fit better :P

I like Danny's tone here. He's not trying to make it look like we are desperate and he's also not trying to pressure Newcastle.

Some of the panicking on here about this kid is unbelievable. You'd think he was the reincarnation of Jesus and yet few of us have seen him play for more than a few minutes. He's an unproven 19 year old. We'll either get him or we won't. Either way our season doesn't hinge on his decision.

Agreed about Danny.

The way the team is playing just now, it's looking like we will need a reincarnation of Jesus to save us!!! (hence the panicking and the praying.....)

ETA... Agreed about Danny apart from the class thing. He maybe should have thought about that last week when he started blabbing to the press about Campbell in the first place

Edited by ds10

If we don't get someone in who can score a few up front , Danny's job will hinge on it !

If we get this lad,and he is all we hope,then it will be brilliant.However I get a horrible deja vu feeling reading this thread and keep getting flashbacks to the last messiah that we chased,Aaron Mooy.I am ever hopeful,but like many I feel we are completely theadbare this season and will need a lot of luck to finish 10th or above.Cant see top 6,and can definitely see me checking other teams results every week from week 1 hoping that other teams are doing us a favour.......Is it fun?....No--its just all about supporting the Saints at the moment and hoping that there is a strategy and that it will work!!

If we get this lad,and he is all we hope,then it will be brilliant.However I get a horrible deja vu feeling reading this thread and keep getting flashbacks to the last messiah that we chased,Aaron Mooy.I am ever hopeful,but like many I feel we are completely theadbare this season and will need a lot of luck to finish 10th or above.Cant see top 6,and can definitely see me checking other teams results every week from week 1 hoping that other teams are doing us a favour.......Is it fun?....No--its just all about supporting the Saints at the moment and hoping that there is a strategy and that it will work!!

In this case it is somone who is highly rated by their team and are sending out on loan, rather than somone they are trying to get rid of

In this case it is somone who is highly rated by their team and are sending out on loan, rather than somone they are trying to get rid of

I know...I am desperate for him to come and be a success......but being a Saints fan desperation and worry come easily to me.It feels worse this season though,but maybe I am just getting old!

So, no further noises regarding Campbell.

While there is no news that he has signed on elsewhere, I suppose that is a good thing, but the days are passing and we still haven't strengthened up front.

There is no scope for fannying about here. I'm not expecting the club to announce the identity of a striker (or two, preferably) that they might be chasing, but I hope the wheels are in motion on this. There is only so many times we can repeat this refrain, but, with each passing day, the need becomes greater, and the urgency more acute.

Even a player in the Parkin mould - ie: been around the block a bit, scores from time to time, and looking for a contract - would be progress. As things stand, we are screwed. This isn't knicker-wetting, simply a common sense appraisal of the current situation.

So, no further noises regarding Campbell.

While there is no news that he has signed on elsewhere, I suppose that is a good thing, but the days are passing and we still haven't strengthened up front.

There is no scope for fannying about here. I'm not expecting the club to announce the identity of a striker (or two, preferably) that they might be chasing, but I hope the wheels are in motion on this. There is only so many times we can repeat this refrain, but, with each passing day, the need becomes greater, and the urgency more acute.

Even a player in the Parkin mould - ie: been around the block a bit, scores from time to time, and looking for a contract - would be progress. As things stand, we are screwed. This isn't knicker-wetting, simply a common sense appraisal of the current situation.

I would have thought as the other teams in for him are playing this weekend then they may be too pushy.

If young Campbell comes then Danny's strategy will be approved of, if not, he will be vilified.

Who would be a manager?