Queen Of The South V St Mirren League Cup Round 2

shull

Also. Look at this damning fact. Ross county results, Played Ceptic....Conceeded 2. Lost.

Partick...Conceeded 3. Lost.

Fakes....Conceeded 4. Lost.

Stranre..Conceeded 3. Lost.

Then they come up against the mighty Saints and pump us by 3 goals to Nil. I repeat. 0.

If this does not show that the party is over, then i do notknow what does.

Plus in 8 games since the start of summer we only win 1 of those against a diddy mob from Engurlund.

Unacceptable.

Also. Look at this damning fact. Ross county results, Played Ceptic....Conceeded 2. Lost.

Then they come up against the mighty Saints and pump us by 3 goals to Nil. I repeat. 0.

If this does not show that the party is over, then i do notknow what does.

Plus in 8 games since the start of summer we only win 1 of those against a diddy mob from Engurlund.

Unacceptable.

We also couldn't beat 10 man Killie who have only managed 1 point from their other 3 league matches - at home to St Johnstone, having lost to Aberdeen and Hibs in the league and now Hamilton in the league cup.

Basically we've already played the 2 other most out of form teams in the league already and only taken 1 point from them.

Edited by bingboy

I actually feel gutted for Danny.

He's a decent human being, and whether he has run out of ideas/simply isn't up to the job, or hasn't received the backing of the BoD and/or some players, I don't think he deserves our scorn and contempt.

One of the abiding memories I will have of Danny is when he simply turned and looked at the crowd at Hampden when Newton scored the 3rd goal in the final. I genuinely believe that he was at least as happy to have delivered that win for us as for himself. There is a warmth and regard there that few managers we've had in recent memory have felt towards the supporters - probably since Tony Fitz. And all that despite not having a long-term affinity with the club.

I feel utterly deflated tonight, but I'm not blaming Danny Lennon. Of course he has to take his share of responsibility, but so do others, some of whom seem untouchable at times.

Whatever happens, I'll always hold the guy in high regard for delivering the best day of my Saints supporting life. He'll always be a hero for that.

Its a bloody shame.

Edited by Drew

He's a decent human being, and whether he has run out of ideas/simply isn't up to the job, or hasn't received the backing of the BoD and/or some players, I don't think he deserves our scorn and contempt.

One of the abiding memories I will have of Danny is when he simply turned and looked at the crowd at Hampden when Newton scored the 3rd goal in the final. I genuinely believe that he was at least as happy to have delivered that win for us as for himself. There is a warmth and regard there that few managers we've had in recent memory have felt towards the supporters - probably since Tony Fitz. And all that despite not having a long-term affinity with the club.

I feel utterly deflated tonight, but I'm not blaming Danny Lennon. Of course he has to take his share of responsibility, but so do others, some of whom seem untouchable at times.

Whatever happens, I'll always hold the guy in high regard for delivering the best day of my Saints supporting life. He'll always be a hero for that.

Its a bloody shame.

Completely agree with that.

The players must be so proud of their performance. They've just got their manager the sack.

Enjoy your lynch mob, guys.

I don't want to be part of any lynch mob. I just want the truth regarding the lack of signings.

If Danny has money that he hasn't spent and allowed us to start the season so ill-prepared he deserves to lose his job. If that's not the case then the Board have a lot to answer for because I don't see any other top flight club having cut their squad so severely.

Surely the big question is why if the coaches had their plan for this season in place by 19th July...why did no deals transpire? Danny certainly has previous for striking early in the window.

I've said it previously...something isn't right behind the scenes with regards to our transfer policy.

Talking of lynch mobs, I'm almost dreading Saturday now. I actually feel physically sick thinking about how it could pan out, and am seriously reconsidering whether I should go at all.

I'm torn between wanting to go and support my club in a massive match, or staying away to avoid the potential carnage.

FFS, only football can do this to you!

Usual boot in the bawz for saints fans everywhere. The bigger tragedy is I'm not remotely surprised.

That was a great defence from the cup holders..............typical.

One game left to save himself, Saturday will be a significant day, whatever happens

the last two holders of the cup have gone out at first hurdle so this isn't new but our horrible league form just makes this worrying.

Talking of lynch mobs, I'm almost dreading Saturday now. I actually feel physically sick thinking about how it could pan out, and am seriously reconsidering whether I should go at all.

I'm torn between wanting to go and support my club in a massive match, or staying away to avoid the potential carnage.

Danny needs our support.

i too can still see him at Hampden after the third goal.

He's the man.

Edited by shull

Talking of lynch mobs, I'm almost dreading Saturday now.  I actually feel physically sick thinking about how it could pan out, and am seriously reconsidering whether I should go at all.

aye the first mistake from a saints player and it could get ugly. Sad times.

Its a bloody shame.

Ditto, good man Drew :-(

Danny needs our support.

That he does, but I'm afraid he's unlikely to get it from many people in the stands if things don't go our way - possibly not surprisingly.

I fear a blood-bath, and I'm not sure if I want to be there to witness it.

In any event, Shull, I think he needs the support of the club directors and his squad more than the supporters at this moment in time.

Surely the big question is why if the coaches had their plan for this season in place by 19th July...why did no deals transpire? Danny certainly has previous for striking early in the window.

I've said it previously...something isn't right behind the scenes with regards to our transfer policy.

There is no way you can generate that extra income from the cup run, and winning it and it not go back into the squad. Being a cup holder should be a badge to sign players with. An advert for how the club is progressing, that will generate interest in available players.

Either you are drastically over paying players, or Lennon isn't getting the money.

I know Harkins is on 2k a week as we couldn't match it. In fact we couldn't come anywhere near it, we don't have a player on more than 500 a week. But then we have a small debt to clear and didn't get much in prize money from the league win. We doubled our wage budget from last season.

Danny needs our support.

i too can still see him at Hampden after the third goal.

He's the man.

And I need one million pounds but I am not going to get it.

Unusually I must disagree with you mon Shull. The team has been dreadful since that day and I am afraid that day is now just too long ago.

It is not just the results but the manner of our performances and I am afraid, well at my age I am always afraid!

That he does, but I'm afraid he's unlikely to get it from many people in the stands if things don't go our way - possibly not surprisingly.

In any event, Shull, I think he needs the support of the club directors and his squad more than the supporters at this moment in time.

The squad owe him big time on saturday.

Then they come up against the mighty Saints and pump us by 3 goals to Nil. I repeat. 0

Indeed +

4 goals to Charlton

4 goals to QOS

4 goals to Morton

Clean Sheet v Stockport

2 goals to Newcastle

3 goals to Inverness

1 goal to Kilmarnock

3 goals to Ross County

3 a game average if you rightfully exclude a woeful non league team so poor they are currently on 1pt and in relegation spot in England's 6th Tier Conference North.

And I need one million pounds but I am not going to get it.

Unusually I must disagree with you mon Shull. The team has been dreadful since that day and I am afraid that day is now just too long ago.

It is not just the results but the manner of our performances and I am afraid, well at my age I am always afraid!

Dinnae be afraid T,T.

We still have time, starting with a winning performance on Saturday.

I don't want to be part of any lynch mob. I just want the truth regarding the lack of signings.

If Danny has money that he hasn't spent and allowed us to start the season so ill-prepared he deserves to lose his job. If that's not the case then the Board have a lot to answer for because I don't see any other top flight club having cut their squad so severely.

Well, I have contacted SG to try and get some clarification about the budget, if it has been cut and if it has been cut quite a bit or not. SG usually responds with any other questions I've had in the past and so I'm hoping he'll do the same here. Nobody else seems to have went and actually asked the BoD, but everyone seems happy enough to speculate.

Well, I have contacted SG to try and get some clarification about the budget, if it has been cut and if it has been cut quite a bit or not. SG usually responds with any other questions I've had in the past and so I'm hoping he'll do the same here. Nobody else seems to have went and actually asked the BoD, but everyone seems happy enough to speculate.

Keep us posted on that please, Tam.

and whether or not it is time for him to move on he deserves better treatment and more respect than he appears to be getting from a lot of supporters.