Queen Of The South V St Mirren League Cup Round 2

shull

Clear that our main concerns are the keeper and another striker, that shot was terrible, any decent keeper would have saved it! mad.gifmad.gif

From the radio it sounded like Cornell had been pulling off decent saves all night. I think he is getting an unfair amount of criticism- he didn't seem at all bad last few couple of times I saw him.

I'm critical of Lennon but I think a wee bit of a reality check needed at the moment. Tonight wasn't make or break for Lennon, although it is thoroughly disappointing.

SPL clubs have hit the rocks at Palmerston before- Hibs last year at the same stage and it was a very tough unseeded team to get. Killie went out at home to Hamilton and Stranraer put 3 past Ross County to win- underdogs do sometimes rise up to beat the 'bigger team'.

Lets move on, focus on Saturday and see where we are after that.

Disappointing as it is, cup games produce this type of score. Killie went out to Hamilton and Rpss County lost to Stranraer. It happens and we had the chance to wrap things up. What disappoints is that we took the lead and that should have knocked the stuffing out of this team but they still managed to score against our rank defence. We need a striker but WTF has happened to our defence which is leaking goals?

Looking bleak, can't understand why we rid ourselves of lots of players and never replaced them. Totally baffled by that decision and not in the least bit surprised by our start to the season. As a season ticket holder I feel cheated, not sure if its Danny or our BOD spending policy that's to blame.

It's all down to the players, especially the ones playing out of position to make up for the massively imbalanced squad while struggling with the bizarre tactics they are asked to play of course!

Disappointing as it is, cup games produce this type of score. Killie went out to Hamilton and Rpss County lost to Stranraer. It happens and we had the chance to wrap things up. What disappoints is that we took the lead and that should have knocked the stuffing out of this team but they still managed to score against our rank defence. We need a striker but WTF has happened to our defence which is leaking goals?

We were leaking soft goals all last season as well. It's been a problem for a while, unfortunately not addressed.

Wasnt at the game cant comment on how the game was but how hard is it 2 win a game and against lower league opponents aswel. But all this lennon must go shite needs tae stop and everybody get behind the team. Here is a quick questiin for everyone what happend tae caley thistle after butchers 3rd year with them ?. Answer relegation now look at them sitting top and just unlucky at not taking 3 points from smellic at the tattie bowl. Keep calm and support the buddies.

If l remember correctly , Butcher only came in halfway thro' the season when Caley looked doomed and then almost saved them on the last day of the season . then he brought them straight back up the following season which is a very difficult task. .

What an utterly depressing night.

Out the cup we worked so hard to win at the earliest possible stage. Really awful.

I know these things happen in the cup, but the timing of this, and the fact we were holders is pretty grim however you look at it.

From the radio it sounded like Cornell had been pulling off decent saves all night. I think he is getting an unfair amount of criticism- he didn't seem at all bad last few couple of times I saw him.

I'm critical of Lennon but I think a wee bit of a reality check needed at the moment. Tonight wasn't make or break for Lennon, although it is thoroughly disappointing.

SPL clubs have hit the rocks at Palmerston before- Hibs last year at the same stage and it was a very tough unseeded team to get. Killie went out at home to Hamilton and Stranraer put 3 past Ross County to win- underdogs do sometimes rise up to beat the 'bigger team'.

Lets move on, focus on Saturday and see where we are after that.

A solid defence gives a goalkeeper some confidence. I can't imagine ours gives him much of that at the moment.

They didn't show up cause he got shot of them and never replaced them.

He "got shot" of mostly dead wood. He didn't want others, such as Isma, to go but that was out of his hands. Yes, he didn't bring in players for a number important positions, or most of those he did aren't good enough. But remember who is still here - Goodwin, Teale, Thomson, McAusland, McGinn, Van Zanten, McLean, McGowan, etc -yet we STILL got beat. Players AND management share the blame.

Edited because of f*cking autocorrect!

Edited by saint in exile

Back in the car now. Garbage again, we had a short spell in extra time where we were decent but the rest we were pish. When we went 1-0 up you would have thought we would have pressed for a second but it was us on the back foot. This was a game for the team to put on a show for the traveling fans and give up something to cheer about, but they couldn't even beat a 1st division team (or spfl championship team).

The club budget for going out of the cup in the earliest round. I very much doubt that the board will act on the result tonight alone. However, I think it has to be spelt out very clearly to Danny that failure to win on Saturday and it's over. As much as I would love him to turn things around, he and the players blew it tonight.

The supporters have lost faith and are quite right to be p*ssed off at what is happening. Failure to win on Saturday, either Lennon needs to walk or SG can watch plenty of supporters walking. I know plenty of St Mirren supporters that chucked it during the McPherson era and found something better to do on a Saturday.

He "got shot" of mostly dead wood. He didn't want others, such as Isma, to go but that was out of his hands. Yes, he didn't bring in players for a number important positions, or most of those he did aren't good enough. But remember who is still here - Goodwin, Teale, Thomson, McAusland, McGinn, Van Zanten, McLean, McGowan, etc -yet we STILL got beat. Players AND management share the blame.

Edited because of f*cking autocorrect!

Good point, however there is NO competition for places, ach enough is enough I'm away tae ma bed tae greet.

Going to bed sick as a parrot and dreading Saturday.

We've been ripped off by a refusal to bring in players after our most successful season in 26 years. Bonkers totally bonkers, I just don't understand it.

That's it in a nutshell for me.

I don't know whether Danny's had no money or he just hasn't been able to recruit the type of player he wants but we have shot ourselves in the foot big time.

It took us 26 years to win a cup and we haven't even got a full squad in place in time to start our defence of it.

Seriously pissed off.

I was going to say it would be nice for someone from the club to tell us what the f**k has been going on but for me it's got to the stage where that needs to happen because I feel like we're being taken for mugs.

Pathetic tonight and pathetic start to the season. Pissed off but not surprised.

Dont like people losing their jobs but Danny has run out of ideas. Terrible league record in 2013.

Changes needed, but no idea who can turn it around.

The feel good factor after the cup win has completly gone.

Grim.