Fao The Board - Lennon Must Go Threads - Merged

No Lex, the reason he's not being quoted is because Gilmour is simply not prepared to pander to 27 year old forum numpties.

Remember that a year ago HE was the focus of it.

Stewart and Danny will know where each other stand bnecause they'll have spoken directly to each other.

Keeping guys like YOU in the loop doesn't register on their todo lists.

You seem surprised by this news.

Yet more personal abuse from our resident communist. Didn't you speak about switching off the internet a few days ago? Since then you've been on here more than ever, why didn't you switch it off?

I hate to break it to you but i'm not the Daily Record journalist who called him last night. Why you think not giving that journalist quotes is not pandering to me i have no idea.

Last night he had a clear chance to back the manager in one of the biggest tabloids in the nation. He took a call and spoke to a journalist from that paper and agreed to give him quotes.

He never backed Danny Lennon. He never said he wouldn't be sacked. He never said the BoD were behind him. All he said was that he was getting on with his job, which we all know. It's the most ambiguous and non committed statement from a chairman in this position i've seen for a good while.

Lex , ok in short Danny will be in charge of the Motherwell game which means he is not getting sacked giving Danny time to hopefully put things right. Beat Motherwell he will get more breathing space . What I pick up on the arrival is the board are still behind Danny as such we should try and be positive backing the manager and team. You should try it you might just feel better for it

I also am perplexed by my reaction... Or lack of one.

I regretted gus's departure, but was prepared to hope the new guy would do a great job for St Mirren. Soon, I was pleased for the fans who were ecstatic about the alleged improvement in the football quality they had to witness week in, week out.

I noted that that the new manager sagely and constantly bigged up the fabulous supporters of "this great club".

I witnessed what I thought was a dreich 1-1 draw a few weeks ago, but fans on here suggested I was wrong.

I loved the passing play that brought late victory at castle greyskull, but that was against a dying club soon to go extinct. And, aye, the quality of play at times, and the self-belief of the team in the cup semi and final persuaded me that I was probably wrong to be reticent about DL.

I rejoiced for all of Paisley, the players AND DL when the League Cup was won....

And yet... And yet...

Even though I am convinced that DL CAN turn this round and SHOULD be given time to do so, my feeling about his rumoured departure is... Meh.

I never got to love him enough to refer to him as Danny or Mr Lennon. DL is a very decent man, I believe, but there are lots of others out there who'd love to manage a financially sound SPL club, with a new stadium, dedicated training facilities and great escape routes by air, road and rail. So... aye... meh.

But... I THINK that I hope he stays.... :unsure:

I agree with most of that but i think the time for him to move on is now. To benefit both parties. Hopefully he can go south of the border and make plenty contacts and gain a greater experience than he would here.

I have said this lots of times I want to see Danny turn it around. However can we afford to continue as is?

If the board having sat with Danny feel he has got it to change fine. If not he goes. It's up to them. However lose 200 fans even a game due to poor results and it's not long till the compensation is outweighed in loss in revenue.

However lose 200 fans even a game due to poor results and it's not long till the compensation is outweighed in loss in revenue.

Good point. Heard a few people saying they won't be back till Lennon goes. Will be interesting to compare the home attendance at the Well game to the one at the Thistle game if he's still here a week on Saturday.

Sadly if the team continues to struggle and gate numbers fall then it will be first and foremost about revenue and can the club continue with falling revenue? Most managers tend to go when people vote with their feet - and I am not stating fans should do this - and the board react. Everyone at the club need to push in the same direction, players, manager and board, with the players playing out of their skins for the manager. Danny has to do his own homework on the opposition (like others do with us) and get the tactics right plus work out how to get the best out of each player. I would start by playing them in their most natural position for a start. I said I would give it to the end of the first quarter and then see where we are. I still stand by that and if we are still performing poorly then things will have to change. I heard one of the comments on Radio Scotland last night that the team who are relegated are going to struggle to get back up with Rangers almost certainties to win the league next season. The best would then be a runners-up spot. So we cannot afford to take the drop this season. Btw, I think Killie and Hibs will struggle big time this season.

Good point. Heard a few people saying they won't be back till Lennon goes. Will be interesting to compare the home attendance at the Well game to the one at the Thistle game if he's still here a week on Saturday.

Strange that, thought it had been posted on here plenty of times people support the team, not the manager?

In fact isn't it St Mirren we're meant to support, no matter what?

PS I'm cutting back on my ganes this year.

Edited by faraway saint

Without a quote, which renders it irrelevant.

He wouldn't just be being sacked for the negative run of results of course, his management of the squad and playing budget over the last few months has been abysmal and will also be a factor in his dismissal.

Chick Young mentioned this last night when he said that Danny had the entire summer to bring in strikers and he didn't. Cannot argue with that.

Strange that, thought it had been posted on here plenty of times people support the team, not the manager?

In fact isn't it St Mirren we're meant to support, no matter what?

I agree, i'll be going to support the team no matter what.

Doesn't change the fact that several Saints fans have said they won't be back till Lennon goes.

Last night he had a clear chance to back the manager in one of the biggest tabloids in the nation. He took a call and spoke to a journalist from that paper and agreed to give him quotes.

He never backed Danny Lennon. He never said he wouldn't be sacked. He never said the BoD were behind him. All he said was that he was getting on with his job, which we all know. It's the most ambiguous and non committed statement from a chairman in this position i've seen for a good while.

You are suffering delusions of importance again.

I've already explained what you and others would do if he HAD provided the quotes you talk about.

You'd use it as "proof" that he was on his final warning.

As I also said, experienced grown ups tend to be smarter than 27 year old keyboard clatterers.

Guys like you and Dickson are exactly the same.

You change facts to suit your agenda.

Why not chose life and just enjoy your football for the harmless fun it is instead of trying to stir shit about our club?

I agree, i'll be going to support the team no matter what.

Doesn't change the fact that several Saints fans have said they won't be back till Lennon goes.

Lex, I never understood this whole "I won't be back until the manager goes" or "I won't be back until we start winning" etc etc. I always believe that you support a football club and while managers and players go - no matter how good or bad they are - the club remain, its history and all the memories (good and bad). I understand that in the 21st century people can choose how to spend their money and withold it if they are unhappy. However, surely being a supporter means you pay to watch your team and keep the club afloat? Anyone refusing to go because of the manager in charge is surely hurting the club they profess to love by witholding much needed cash?

I've already explained what you and others would do if he HAD provided the quotes you talk about.

As I also said, experienced grown ups tend to be smarter than 27 year old keyboard clatterers.

Why not chose life and just enjoy your football for the harmless fun it is instead of trying to stir shit about our club?

Harmless FUN ????????? we dont support st mirren for fun,its not a choice for most of us,and the shit doesnt need to be stirred,its bubbling away quite nicely shit for brains bangin.gif

Have you ever thought about sitting in a chair for five minutes and really concentrating ? im pretty sure you could bend time you are so f**king boring .Now run along

I for one will continue to support our team. The team needs supporting through this bad spell, not fair weather supporters who do walking away and just abuse the team during the 90 mins of a match, like the knob end in W1 with the black base ball cap on who shouted abuse for most of the match. When we scored the opening goal against Thistle I turned round and looked up to where that guy was sitting and noticed he was just sitting there with his face tripping him (what kind of fan is he).

It does feel as if history is repeating itself a bit where in 87 we win the cup and then the following season after a poor run of results and elimination from the Scottish Cup we sacked Alex Smith. Did things really improve after that? That season we finished 9th out of 12.The following season we finished 7th out of 10, then 9th out of 10. The following season league reconstruction saved us as we finished 10th out of 10 then we finished 11th out of 12 in season 91/92 and thus were relegated after sacking Smith.

Sacking Danny will not gaurantee a change in league form.

If they are season ticket holders then it has no financial impact whatsoever.

That premise would represent extremely dangerous short-term thinking. I can think of plenty of guys I used to meet regularly at games that don't go any more because they missed a few games in a row and just got out of the habit of going along. Renewing the season ticket is often a big decision for some supporters - if they choose to miss a string of games because they are fed-up watching crap performances they probably won't renew the following season.

I for one will continue to support our team. The team needs supporting through this bad spell, not fair weather supporters who do walking away and just abuse the team during the 90 mins of a match, like the knob end in W1 with the black base ball cap on who shouted abuse for most of the match. When we scored the opening goal against Thistle I turned round and looked up to where that guy was sitting and noticed he was just sitting there with his face tripping him (what kind of fan is he).

It does feel as if history is repeating itself a bit where in 87 we win the cup and then the following season after a poor run of results and elimination from the Scottish Cup we sacked Alex Smith. Did things really improve after that? That season we finished 9th out of 12.The following season we finished 7th out of 10, then 9th out of 10. The following season league reconstruction saved us as we finished 10th out of 10 then we finished 11th out of 12 in season 91/92 and thus were relegated after sacking Smith.

or even GUARANTEE it

General consensus amongst well informed sources.

On that poll, i set that up after we were knocked out the cup by a 1st Division team. A new one was set up after we lost at home to Thistle by DavidG, which showed overwhelming support for Danny being removed. The thread has since been removed, any idea why?

lol.gif

Well, being a well informed source, I can only conclude that you - and your other 'well informed' sources - are not being informed by informed sources . Capiche?

As for myself, I never seen any Poll as I was too busy out enjoying my life. Why don't you try starting another? , eventually it will go your way Bruce!

This campaign you seem to be championing is just so sad (and not in the modern, mocking way).

Que Sera, Sera

Do you not get it ?? if we dont sack him now and the run of form continues for another couple of months,sacking him will be pointless because it will be too late .

You are very patronising indeed, something which, although objectionable, might be understandable in one with greater knowledge or insight. As far as can be gleaned from your posts, you have neither. That's three posts in a row you have pointed out that Lex is 27, which seems to be neither here nor there. Perhaps you wish you still were. Why not chose life and just enjoy your forum for the harmless fun it is?

Bluto's excellent post a page or two back pretty much sums up how I feel about it all. Would feel sorry for Lennon if he lost his job, but not particularly delighted or upset either way insofar as the club's position is concerned. Whatever happens, Lennon has only himself to blame as his shortcomings in the transfer market have been very clear for some time and have really come home to roost this summer.

Edited by Chris